[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your parents have high hopes for you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: genius.jpg (101KB, 444x310px) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
101KB, 444x310px
Did your parents have high hopes for you?
>>
>>35445033
this is gold; thanks for the laugh op
>>
>>35445033
I guess that for a nigger that's actually impressive stuff.

And yes, my parents had the same stupid generic high hopes that most parents have. Lawyer, doctor, that kind of stuff. Man, they weren't expecting what they got, especially because they were always telling me how smart I was when I was a kid. They actually believed it, but I'm starting to think that they were mistaking autism for intelligence. kek
>>
My mother thought I would end up in special ed. My father didn't care. I'm now an university student with no ambition.
>>
>>35445033
I'm sure they did because I'm their oldest kid. I'm also the first grandchild to one of my grandmothers. I learned at an early age I let them all down.
>>
>>35445033

They just wanted me to do whatever I wanted, which I do (leach off of others and post on 4chan all day).
>>
>>35445033
>Did your parents have high hopes for you?
Yes and because of that i have too much perfectionism in me as well as unacceptance of myself.
>>
>>35445033
>Whizzkid
Not wiz kid?
>>
>>35445033
WHOA MY KID'S A COMPUTAH GENIUS HES GONNA GROW UP TO BE AN IMPORTANT MAN. HE'S GONNA BE A MILLIONAH
>>
My parents know I'm intelligent but they also know that my intelligence comes in useless endeavors like knowing character actors or esoteric sports statistics.

Nobody cares that you know who the last switch hitter to win MVP is or who the guy who played the Canadian tourist in In Bruges is. Vida Blue and Zeljko Ivanec respectively
>>
everyone thought i was a genius, now i'm a code monkey for $16 an hour.

I sure showed them right guys?
>>
File: fbipepe.jpg (9KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
fbipepe.jpg
9KB, 213x250px
building a computer is so easy nowadays, it's basically legos for adults. one can use a site like pcpartpicker to choose all the parts then watch endless tutorials on YouTube on how to install each part.

the economy is getting too advanced. one most now build custom liquid cooling systems to be considered a true pc master race? or delid processors? sure, once I have the huge amounts of money where I can tinker without anxiety of ruining thousand dollar parts
>>
I built my first PC in the late '90s, when I was around his age and the only resource I had was a shitty black and white book, and then custom airbrushed it in a camo scheme based on an Afrika Korps Panzer, and nobody wrote a fucking article about me.

Fucking no fair, man.
>>
I was WEIRD as shit as a kid. I would space out and make weird noises in school. I used to draw surreal, horrific shit as a child/teenager. All of my teachers thought I was a psychopath going through some sort of terrifying abuse at home and recommended psychological help. My mom defended me, though.
I remember this one time my 4th grade teacher held a meeting with me and my mom and she put all the drawings she confiscated from me on a desk and showed them to my mom, and my mom was like, "Why'd you take my son's art?" and my teacher said, "Are you crazy? This isn't art. This is a cry for help!" It elevated into a huge argument and to make a long story short, my mom cried on the way home, telling me to never stop creating things regardless of how pleasant it may be, regardless of what anyone says about it. Then I moved schools.

Turns out, she was right. I wasn't crazy. I turned out fine. Haven't killed any small animals, never felt an urge to rape anyone or start fires, etc. But I used to get suspended a lot for drawing really graphic shit throughout 4th-11th grade. I forgot what I was going to say.
>>
>>35448010
But what was the graphic stuff? Was it gore and the likes?
And are you lying about not being a small animal killing, arson doing, rapist?
>>
>>35448068
>But what was the graphic stuff? Was it gore and the likes?
I used to spend hours drawing surreal images. My favorite was this one image I did where I drew 13 very tall, black figures, linked up by the arm like little paper dolls. They were on fire and they all had extremely pained facial expressions and they had huge "antlers" that, if you looked closely, were made of tiny limbs. Arms, legs, fingers, penises, etc. It was a really chaotic image. I blew through two pencils to finish that one. Lots of frantic scribbling. Ripped the page in a couple places. But I was pleased with the result nevertheless. Almost all of the sketches were basically replicas of dreams/nightmares I'd had the night before. Babies hanging from nooses, families dying in housefires, monsters consuming children, astronauts floating through space, exploding suns, red skies, demonic cats, etc etc. I eventually got really good at drawing and then one day in high school it just stopped. Couldn't draw anymore. Whenever I would look at an empty page, I would just draw a blank (figuratively). Didn't know what the hell to draw. Stopped having nightmares. Balanced out emotionally. Eventually, I just stopped drawing altogether.

>And are you lying about not being a small animal killing, arson doing, rapist?
Nope.
>>
>>35448202
I also had synesthesia as a kid but that wore off almost as soon as I started kindergarten.
>>
>>35448010
>>35448202
>>35448233
Shit, I remember what I was going to say.
My mom is disappointed in me now because I lost my creativity. I'm the most boring, stale asshole there is now. I work a 9-5 desk job like every other normie out there. She was always telling me I was going to grow up to be an artist. She just seems kind of disappointed in me now.
>>
>>35448010
your mom sounds like a good woman. you should consider yourself lucky for that at least.
>>
>>35445033
They thought I could have been a doctor or lawyer or some shit
I learned basic calculus before hitting puberty so they thought that was impressive
They didnt count on me being a vacuous prick who doesnt enjoy anything and thus has no motivation to contribute to a broken society
>>
>>35448290
I drew a sketch of her dead corpse once. She didn't even seem phased fazed at all by it. She was still really encouraging and gave me helpful criticism on the image. I wasn't even trying to spite her or anything, I just felt like drawing my dead mom and I think she knew that.
Anyway, she was really understanding. She was a great mother.
>>
>>35447488
Where are you from? Code monkeys in my part of the USA make more than $16 an hour for paid internship. I'm too dumb to do that and fix computers for $30 an hour.
>>
File: 1307844754001.png (28KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1307844754001.png
28KB, 241x230px
>>35445033
yes, and that's precisely what destroyed my relationship with them. it wasn't ever "you aren't good enough," it was "you can do better." same with all my teachers in middle school and high school. that was really the only thing my parents did wrong, great parents otherwise. it's said time heals all wounds, but this one is still going on strong.

doing quite well now career wise but they will never know because I never give them enough information to judge me, either good or bad.
>>
File: cool_fun_stuff.jpg (171KB, 712x900px) Image search: [Google]
cool_fun_stuff.jpg
171KB, 712x900px
Everyone in my life told me that I was going to be a great artist one day, that I would be world famous.

Turns out they were all right. I exceeded their expectations.

huh...
>>
>>35447405
New video when, Sam?
>>
>>35445033
No absolutely no encouragement from them at all when I was growing up
>>
File: 1488905392761.jpg (52KB, 858x402px) Image search: [Google]
1488905392761.jpg
52KB, 858x402px
At some point my parents realized I was dumb, ugly, and autistic so they want to arrange my job and marriage now

Basically I go to Uni and learn to be pharmacist and they get me a Russian mail order wife or something
>>
>>35447431
>>35447431
>Canadian tourist in In Bruges

do you talk about the fat canadian tourist group?

because in the version i watched it was stated the fat fucks would be ameriburgers, and not canadian

just asking because altnative facts
>>
>>35447908
>>35447982

I built a computer when I was a fetus.

Try harder next time, guys.
>>
>>35447982
Try being a minority next time. It makes the national morning news in Australia when an aboriginal graduates high school. This may sound like hyperbole but it is not.
>>
>>35445033
what parents don't?
>>
>>35445033
Yes they had a shit ton of unrealistic expectations for me every since I was a kid, but they're also a large part of the reason I'm such a failure
>>
>>35445033
>Building computers is hard
What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
>>35449550
aye for russian mail order waifu

at least its better than nothing my friend
>>
>black kid manages to watch a Youtube video on how to put together a PC
>Something millions of people have already done
>but he's a "WHIZZKID" because he managed to do it while burdened by his skin condition
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
They just wanted a sporty, happy kid with a decent job & a good circle of friends but apparently even that was too much.
>>
>>35445033
I was very good during the first years of highschool and was also kinda good looking, then depression kicked in.
>>
>>35448714
if pic related is your art its pretty mediocre
how long have you been seriously practicing and how old are you.
>>
>>35448714
You're pretty good, I like it.
>>
>>35445033
yup
my dad still thinks i'm gonna make 120k+/year someday
my mom still thinks i'll ever have a gf or sex

lmao what a bunch of retards
>>
>>35451442
That's a very sad statement robot. I'm going to turn off the computer now, as you have made me realize being on this site can offer me nothing.
>>
>>35445033
It's easy to amaze computer illiterate people
>>
>>35449649
there's also a Canadian tourist, the one that Colin Farrell's character assaults at the restaurant, and re encounters on the train
>>
>>35445033
this makes me tear up. thank you father and mom you were virgins.
>>
yes

about to graduate with a degree in applied mathematics, minors in physics and computer science. likely starting PhD work in either math or physics

dad still disappointed that i don't want to go into finance or defense
>>
>>35445033
At first no but when I was able to read college level material at 11 that changed. I'm 23 and I haven't finished college yet but I'm in the process of writing a math text book for programmers. It teaches combinatorics and how to apply it to different types of programming issues. Might write one that helps programmers use complex analysis or stochastic calculus.
>>
File: Butch_FI.jpg (145KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
Butch_FI.jpg
145KB, 800x572px
Yes

I started piano when I was about 7 and I quickly showed prodigy-level talent. But then I ignored practicing for vidja and other instruments

Now I'm in my mid-20s and trying to break back into serious piano and if feels like the first time in a long time, maybe ever, that my dad is actually proud of me. I just hope I can make up for 20 years of wasted time
>>
>>35452541
then you are truly gifted and your parents were right.not like ours.
>>
>Be 7 years old
>Want to be a surgeon, or at least a doctor
>Mother and father keep telling me I'm worthless and will never achieve anything
>End up giving up on dream, don't really feel like aspiring for anything anymore
>Now I'm 24 and a NEET
>Parents keep asking "How come you don't have a job, anon? You got good grades in school. You could have been anything!"
>Remind them they kept putting me down
>"We have no idea what you're talking about, anon. Stop blaming us for something we never did!"

Just another 6 years to see if life gets better or I'll end myself at 30.
>>
>>35452630
you are the opposite of us. and your parents are subhumans.
>>
>>35449649
There's a scene later in the film where they're in a restaurant and a guy takes issue with her smoking so he punches him.

That guy in the restaurant is Zeljko Ivanek. He's a Serbian actor who is more well known from the series Damages, but he also was the lawyer on Homicide: Life on the Street and he also played Governor James Devlin on Oz

I think about this shit all day long, random facts about character actors and shit
>>
They acted like they did. Until I realised they were pretending.

Still makes me cry knowing I won't make them proud.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.