[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone not eat to lose fat?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

File: Skinny-Fat.jpg (68KB, 860x640px) Image search: [Google]
Skinny-Fat.jpg
68KB, 860x640px
I been eating more healthy but only once a day. Salads, greens, lean meats etc.

Then later in the day I get really hungry but don't eat anything.

Anyone else do this? Does this help you lose weight?
>>
the cure for skinnyfatness is gaining muscle. not even a lot of muscle. just enough to have more muscle than fat on your body. but yeah, you have to exercise and eat healthy.
>>
>>35437710
can you not just lose skinny fat by not eating / eating well?
>>
>>35437645
>help you lose weight
No. It's good you are eating healthy once a day, but don't starve yourself too much after, you can still eat bad later. After while will get used to the healthy stuff and can eat it more often. Don't do crash diets, you are not trying to change for 6weeks but for the rest of your life, so slow small changes are best.
Also skinny fat comes exactly from trying to lose weight from diet instead of exercise
>>
>>35437826
thanks for the advice.

2 second ban weeee wow thats lame
>>
>>35437826
>looks into distance after reading that last part
Fuck that's exactly what happened to me
>>
>>35437785
No
If you are a teenage girl you can kind of get away with that for about a year but then you yo yo and become skinny fat again and because you had to get so skinny to look good without muscle, now exercise is even harder to start because you are so weak.
>>
>>35437645
this will legitimately make you gain weight

when you eat less your metabolism slows down and you burn less calories- probably less than you eat.
3 meals a day, 2.5k cals or so, idk
you burn around 2k doing nothing
gain 500 cal worth of energy (stored as fat)

1 meal a day, 800 cals or so
you burn around 300 doing nothing
gain 500 cal worth of energy (stored as fat)

just work out desu
>>
>>35437964
Just want to say to anyone reading this the best thing to remember is exercise isn't hard, 3 times a week for 45 minutes of progressive resistance training is all you need. You just have to stick with it, but it's not hard
>>
>>35437645
Eat 1g of protein for every pound of lean body mass you have, from there eat whole vegatables and just enough carbs so that you don't die.

Don't eat your first carb until you eat lunch.
>>
>>35437826
Well diet determines the weight you'll be at and exercise determines the way you look at that weight.

Exercise for the purpose of weight loss is a bad plan.
>>
start lifting dude, eat clean too

not eating and not exercising will just make you lose weight but you'll still have a gut
>>
Curls, skullcrushers, shrugs, deadlifts, squats, overhead presses, bench presses, pull ups, rows.

This will make you look like a man.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 236x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 236x327px
>>35438334
Shut up, you don't know what you are talking about, of course if you want to be model tier you need to combine the best diets with the best workouts, but we are just helping people with baby steps here. And lifting for weight loss is the best plan,Mao go choke on a dick, man, woman, it doesn't matter. lifting makes you look better and feel better. Btw people who workout tend to eat MORE than people who don't (you still can't live off junk food and soda though).
Btw when I say lifting for weight loss, what I really mean is lifting for ~~FAT~~loss. weight is very misleading, body fat precentage is where it's at
>>
>>35438492
You have a fundamental misundertanding of how diet works.

Sorry bro but long-term studies show that people who only exercise to lose weight lose on average 2 lbs over the course of 2 years.

Losing weight is simple: Stop eating simple carbs and stop drinking calories.

I just cut about 1000 calories out of all your fat asses daily diets.
>>
>>35438492
Nigger, why are you gonna argue against something I didn't say.

Firstly, yes lifting is vitally important, but if you lift, you will only lose a couple of pounds total.

Your body fat will go down and your muscle will go up and you will look better but what you see on the scale will not be that different. If you really want to lose weight you gotta eat clean, end of fucking story.
>>
>went to gym once
>everyone stared at me sweating like a pig
>tried to do some exercise on my own
>lost motivation in a couple days
Is the ride ever gonna end to us skinnyfats?
>>
>>35438492
/fit/ here, you're retarded.

Exersize is for health, diet is for weight.

180 lb with no exercise is unhealthy, 180 lbs that exercises (and eats more) is healthy.

But you faggots can't stop eating bread and sweets so have fun with your rascal.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 236x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 236x339px
>>35438811
>>35438916
>>35438840
Reread my posts and realize you have a reading Iq of about 90, YOU ARE GIVING TERRIBLE ADVICE AND I WON'T FUCKING STAND FOR IT. there are body builders that eat 9000kcal a day,mfuck Michael phelps ate 12k a day in training and 25% of that was sugery sports drinks. of course robots aren't Michael phelps, but the fucking point is exercise is the fucking key to not being fat. You can be fucking fat at 1000kcal a day if you never move, so shut the fuck up about eating less =looking good, So go eat your own shit and masterbate with it you halfwits because you have been fed a bunch of lies from magazines. God dam I hate you people so much, you don't understand anything and dare to mouth off. You will always yo-yo doing what you say because you will lose muscle too and it will take more and more food restriction to maintain the same weight as your RMR goes down. Seriously just go be retarded somewhere else, yeah you think you lost weight but you srctully look terrible to everyone objective and will gain it back
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>35438840
>but if you lift, you will only lose a couple of pounds total.
Loling at your life dude
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 634x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 634x428px
>>35438916
>Exersize is for health, diet is for weight.
What? This is retarded, they are both variables dependent on each other. Saying one is for one is shit tier
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 640x960px
>>35438811
But that's how you get skinny fat. Please leave, you don't know anything
>>
>>35437645
> mfw i can eat shit ton and not get fat

FeelsBadMan

you would think high metabolism would be nice, i'm light as fuck,

it's hard to gain body fat for me, so i try to work out to gain muscle
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 1536x2048px
>>35438898
Why you fail at the gym is why you fail at life btw, there will always be people laughin, there will always be a girlfriend that wants to ha g out, you will always be too tired from work, starting and not quitting is is the hardest part. Also follow a program, don't make your own. If you are very decondistioned start with just doing a short walk in the morning and a short walk at night for a few weeks.
>>
I hate how skinnyfat is just the term for normal body.

Makes /fit/izens seem like petty children. As long as you're healthy who cares. Obviously though you're going to be unhealthy if you're overweight/obese but being skinnyfat and healthy isn't a big fucking deal.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1024x681px
>>35439214
Nah. You can't really be healthy without at least a little muscle. And most skinny fats are just on thier way to being fat as they get older. If your lungs and muscles aren't trained, you aren't healthy, you will get sick more, you have less bone density(yes lifting changes your bones slowly), you have less GH which is made/released From the legs when you squat. Your hormones won't be in balance, etc etc etc. you can't be healthy without exercise and you won't be skinny fat with out exercise.
And just to make it clear, 3 times a week for an hour won't make you swoal or Fuckbag looking. This is a big misconception, it just makes you not like ops pic. It just makes you tight, To look big you have to eat cleaner, workout more, and to be huge you have to take roids.
>>
>>35438239
you are a subhuman retard
>>
>>35438252
Wow are you calling me fat
>>
>>35437948
Very. I got a ban for typing 'Radiohead of course'.
>>35437645
Try eating 3 healthy meals a day with nothing else. Breakfast, 6 hours then lunch, another 6 hours then evening meal. I always have a full 12 hours again before eating again.
Combine with crunches, push ups some dumbbell work and daily cardio (even just walking). Your fat becomes muscle in no time.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 262x192px
>>35439445
SQUATS AND OATS FAGGOT.
LOWER FAGGOT
>crunches
Did you know the best core exercise is squating free weights? This has been shown with ekg tests, but we already knew that.
After you get above about lmfao 1-plate the hardest part of a squat is keeping your back up and in place, and you do that with abs and all the othe core muscles. There are reasons the squat is called the king of exercises, it does everything except your arms and shoulders.
And you can always squat more tha. You can crunch, which is better for you. Less is more, that's why we say 3times a week for an hour. You lift heavy with compound exercises and rest. You get way more out of that then high volume workouts. You'll be strong in no time if you stick with it. You will platoe with crunches in no time.
Just a thought
>>
>>35439053
Those are professional athletes that are fucking expending thousands of calories a day.

A normal fucking person will not be expending calories at the rate of a professional fucking athlete, giving normal fucking people advice that you would get to a fucking professional athlete is the height of stupidity.

Entomb yourself, you are a waste of space.
>>
>>35439138
Nigger you can't read. I said lifting is for physique and health.

Skinny fat is obviously someone who doesn't weigh a lot but has a shitty physique and poor health.
>>
>>35437645
thats the only way u lose weight u dumb retard
burn more energy than u put in ur body
>>
>>35439214
skinny fat isn't healthy you stupid cunt
>>
>>35438239
How the fuck do people believe this. If your metabolism can run on 300 kCal/day people would never starve to death.
>>
>>35439053
Are you seriously claiming that non-athletes should be carbo loading? How retarded are you?

1) Never drink your calories.
EVER
2) the only carbs you eat should be from oats, brown rice, vegetables, sweet potatoes, beans.

You do know that the reason there is an obesity epidemic is because the fucking food pyramid which convinced people that they should be stuffing fucking carbs down their throat?

Protein > fat > carbs

the end
>>
>>35437645
Check out intermittent fasting if you want to eat once a day properly.
>>
>>35437645
no. you're an idiot.
go to /fit/ and read the damn sticky
>inb4 reeeee
just fucking do it you'll thank me later
>>
File: cuck.jpg (5KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
5KB, 200x193px
>>35437645

>tfw alternate walking 5 miles with lifting
>literally exercise every day
>Still feel fat

I'm only 165 and 5'8 but I feel like a lardass
>>
File: 1486661239654.jpg (56KB, 920x730px) Image search: [Google]
1486661239654.jpg
56KB, 920x730px
I went from 290 to 180 by straight up starving myself. I'd not eat for a day and then eat normal for a day. Or eat one meal a day for awhile. Generally the least possible interaction with any kind of food at all is what kept me from pigging out. I've been going to the gym but my diet is still dogass variations between not eating and eating disgusting garbage so in the end it's not terrible effective

>tfw I wIll never have the willpower to eat healthy
>tfw I legitimately subject myself to running 5 miles 3-4 times a week simply so I can justify eating more food to myself
>>
The weight problem in the west is 100% the quality of food.

Stop eating processed garbage, stop carbo loading, stop drinking calories.

You can pretty much eat whatever you want if you made it yourself.
>>
>>35440997
Eat Salmon, bison, chicken.
>>
>tfw wide hips
>tfw its not even fat because i can easily feel the bone there
am i fugged? no i dont want to trap
>>
>>35441015
all food is processed in the west. even """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""WHOLE"""""""""""""""""""' foods to an extent.
>>
>>35439214
You're mistaken on your definition. Skinnyfat is essentially someone who is light enough to have a normal BMI, but they still have an unhealthy amount of body fat
>>
>>35441116
The less processed the better.

For instance, eating a steak, steamed broccoli and a boiled mashed sweet potato that you cook yourself is better than a tv dinner with corn, salisbury steak and mashed potatoes.
>>
File: cacklingpistachios.jpg (52KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
cacklingpistachios.jpg
52KB, 700x466px
>>35438239

>he still believes in starvation mode in 2017
>>
File: Capture.png (329KB, 447x285px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
329KB, 447x285px
>>35437645

Yes, this will help you lose weight unless you have a metabolic abnormality (hypothyroidism).
It's all about calorie intake for weight loss. To mobilize fats, a low carb diet is most efficient (source of glucose) however you will feel like shit for the first couple of days due to ketone build up (from fat mobilization).

Obviously, weight loss does not guarantee you will 'look good.' (see pic for skinny fat vs lean skinny). You should try exercising to strengthen your muscles which will make them more noticeable.

But to do that, you will need proper nutrients to feed your muscles.
>>
I lost 30lbs in a year 192-162. Didn't change diet, still eat fast food and drink tons of alcohol. Don't exercise beyond walking my dog. I just have a drug addiction that keeps me from eating all weekend usually. It's fun.
>>
>>35438239
are you fucking retarded

the only way your body can work is by consuming large amounts of energy. you lose energy just by living. if you eat less than that amount (~2k a day depending on the person) you literally have to lose weight, it's conservation of energy

if you eat 1k calories a day you will experience very rapid weight loss, basically no matter who you are
>>
>>35442023
>Didn't change diet
>keeps me from eating all weekend usually

Looks like your drug addiction also made you stupid.
>>
>>35442066
While this is true to some extent, the body operates off of chemistry so pure physics doesn't come into play, not all calories are equal.

If you eat 2000 calories of carbs, you will not get the same thing as 2000 calories of protein.
>>
File: 1482798777107.gif (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482798777107.gif
69KB, 600x600px
>tfw only have thicc thighs
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.