[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the job hunting coming along?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

How is the job hunting coming along?
>>
Fucking shit anon
Can't wait to get sanctioned

>oregano
>>
>>35433485
Fucking shit, Anon.

Would be a bit better if businesses replied or at least told me to fuck off

But hey, getting a job is easy, all you have to do is knock on a business' door, and you're guaranteed a job.
>>
File: IMG_1640.jpg (114KB, 638x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1640.jpg
114KB, 638x636px
If you're not a qt girl or Brad Hurricanepenis, you're not getting a part time job in this shitty country

Fuck Denmark
>>
How can I prepare for a job interview so I don't spill my spaghetti?
>>
Pretty bad. No one wants to take a chance on a person without a college degree even if he has work experience. Gonna kms soon.
>>
I wish I was taught how to get a job. :(
>>
After fixing my CV I'm not getting interviews but I've have like 15 of em now and no one offered the job wtfffffff it's been a fucking year now
>>
Shit.
Really should've tried to pass high school lol
>>
Tuesday was the last day at work. I immediately regret it.
>>
I fell for the "just drop out and teach yourself programming dude" meme.
It worked as well as you would expect.
>>
>>35434504
What languages did you teach yourself??
>>
>>35434538
I started with C, C++ and Java, studied data structures and OOP really hard, tried to teach myself some more advanced mathematics. As I realized without a lot of real experiences I wasn't going to get anywhere with that I turned my focus on Python and Ruby hoping to get a back end job. Now I'm stumped because i have no real ideas of projects I can make to show my competency.
>>
>>35433485
Vaguely pretending that I'm looking for work, but in reality I'm drinking vodka at all hours of the day waiting for May to come so I can make a few bucks with my brother and his roadside business
>>
>>35434573
Have you ever worked on any real websites or anything before?
>>
>>35434573
If youre in school apply for internships.

Build websites for research professors, a lot of them cant be arsed to do it themselves and they usually want a site better than the template from the uni.

Use code to analyze shit. Literally anything. Look for relationships between stock prices and news stories or foreign exchange rates with press briefings. This sort of thing isnt hard for A GODDAMN SCRIPTING LANGUAGE.

Apps are so common that you wont get much credit without building at least one. Just build something office related. Maybe a phone-to-computer vpn for free.
>>
>>35434683
I programmed my personal web page with Bootstrap and jQuery but the entire time I felt overwhelmed and the code is a mess. Other than that no.

>>35434700
Less than HS diploma. I've built an app before, all it does is give you push reminders like a calendar.
>>
File: image.png (599KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
599KB, 750x1334px
I actually just got paid today for an installation I worked on last week Lel, and tonight I'm taking out one of my favorite girls to fuck because she gives great head

https://my.mixtape.moe/ootbsz.MOV
>>
I applied for some job at school but my schedule is cucking me

I am going to low key drop out next semester, (only enroll in one class), I am just going to use my student status to get jobs at school
>>
I'm 23 and I started applying a week ago, with no job experience under my belt. I also don't have a license but I'm taking the driving exam on Monday.

Got rejected at McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart, The Habit, and the local libraries. (for shelving)

What the fuck do I do, now?
>>
>>35434792
Start a business dude, that's what I did
>>
>>35434772
>I am going to low key drop out next semester, (only enroll in one class)
This has been me the last two semesters. I tried to go to uni and basically freaked out about life. Took 2 online classes at CC last semester and 3 online classes this semester.
Got a job for a little bit last semester, quit a month ago because I got next to no hours.
Now I'm broke and bored. I'm basically a pseudoneet and the only jobs hiring in my small town are fucking fast food. I want to die.
>>
>>35434718
I feel like you'd benefit greatly from community college. It has good opportunities and makes your code easier to work with.

Nowadays elegant code isnt key, but proper documentation so you can work with others.

Not to mention the fact that math makes code better.

Just 2 cents from an anonymous college undergrad.
>>
>>35433485
1 year and 7 months unemployed, make sure to carefully apply to jobs that I am qualified for so I don;t waste too much time, have had 2 interviews in this time frame. I am maxed for the unemployed deferment and can't get an income driven plan because I don't work full time. I think it's time I kill myself and retain a little dignity, instead of working myself to death for minimum pay and no benefits.
>>
File: icon.jpg (65KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
65KB, 400x400px
I start on Monday faggots
>>
>>35434819
What kind of business friendo? I am interested in not being a wagie.
>>
>>35433485
avoid it the whole week
i dont have any willpower at all
>>
>>35435076
I install and fix pool systems for homes , it's intense labor but the rewards are worth it , all I do is work and fuck girls, there's lots of downtime too when ur done with work, I'm paid by the job, so I can make 700 one week, or 5000 the next, it depends on the job so be prepared to get ur hands dirty and work ur ass off
>>
>>35433485
It's not.
I'm looking, but not applying.
>>
>>35434700
>Look for relationships between stock prices and news stories or foreign exchange rates with press briefings.
My fucking sides. Thus doesn't work for dogshit you faggot. Your just going to end up with data mined bullshit and look like a cuck when your results don't work out of sample
>>
>>35434700
Not him but I have a question. I have basically no experience in HTML/CSS/javascript would I still be able to get a web developer internship?
>>
>>35436252
If it is with a big or medium size company, then you have a low chance without a connection. What's your background in?
>>
>>35436304
Java, C, and C++. I did do some javascript but it was for a graphics class and it had very little to do with actual web development.
>>
>>35433485
pretty good anon actually, turned my application in and guy said he could someone
>>
>tfw been looking for a job so I can live in an apartment next semester
>every place that has hiring signs is either unlisted online or refuses to take resumes
even fucking mcdicks didn't take it, so it's not even a lacking experience thing. ;-;
>>
>>35435589
Same I just keep putting it off and smokin weed
>>
>>35433485
i wish they made voluntary euthenasia available easily so that i could just refuse to work without any suffering.

i'm done.
>>
thats why it feels good to be retired
>>
>nepotism finally got me a good paying job
god bless
>>
interview on saturday
pretty nervous desu
>>
>tfw finally got a job
Feels good man.
>>
File: 1488478774028.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1488478774028.png
126KB, 309x313px
I start data entry on Tuesday.
>>
>>35433485
Gave up.
Tried starting own business.
Found hunting clients is just as hard as hunting jobs.
...albeit not quite as stressful.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.