[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do dogs really care if you yell at them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1488402087438.jpg (9KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1488402087438.jpg
9KB, 240x193px
Do dogs really care if you yell at them
>>
Probably not but I hope so. I want my dog to know that he's a piece of shit and I would give him away in a minute if my parents would let me.
>>
It's always funny watching pet owners think their dogs understand them, but really they just get the tone. So if you sound upset, they can read that, but they have no fucking idea what you're saying
>>
>>35430257
>inb4 doggo fags appear
>>
>>35430229
ya they can pick up on your tone of voice and body language. dogs have lived with humans for 1000s of years so they're pretty good at reading us basically they're one of us.

actually dogs and humans relationships are very interesting. i just read that a dog can understand how you feel regarding others so if you have a person over and your dog barks at them a lot its because your dog can sense you dont like them or dont trust them. makes sense when i was teenager there was this mexican guy i would sometimes smoke weed with - i didnt really trust him desu he was kinda anti social type - anyways everytime he came over my dogs would just bark constantly at him until i get them calmed down or put htem out (they didnt do this with my other friends who i happened to trust a little better).
>>
>>35430278
The common trait of doggo fags is that they all WANT a dog but don't actually own one of the fuckers
>>
>>35430259
Dogs can learn certain sounds as phrases. My dog knew whenever I said "the shelf" that's where his treats were, and obviously words like outside or bath would register with them. It probably is just tone though but either way dogs aren't stupid.
>>
>>35430259
Dogs can be taught to understand specific words though. My dog knows all of her toys by name so you can say "go get your monkey" or whatever and she'll fetch the right thing. She also knows the names of family members so you can tell her to go see a certain person and she'll do it. Dogs obviously don't understand fluent English but when you speak to them they will actually try to listen to pick out words and phrases that they know. Combined with their understanding of tone, body language, and facial expression (they are the only animal that can read human facial expressions!) they are actually extremely good at understanding humans.
>>
>>35430321
I own a dog. He's my furry little guy and he gets me off my fat ass to go for adventures every day

Don't yell at dogs, they're doing their best. They may have not have the intelligence we do but they make the best with what they've got
>>
File: hehehe.png (605KB, 555x595px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.png
605KB, 555x595px
>>35430278
Did someone say /husky/?
>>
whatever happened to dogs being left out in the yard? what's with everyone treating them like humans now?
>>
>>35430229
a bit yeah, they're very socially aware even if they're retarded in other ways. your dog is probably just a bastard
>>
>>35430413
Because they often become a well beloved fixture in a family's house. Some dogs are pretty fuckin g o o d b o y e s.

Most will just bark at nothing, shit on the ground, eat their shit, then try to hump a sibling.
>>
>>35430229
They probably think its unpleasant and associate you with the unpleasantness of being yelled at. How does a dog react if you yell at them? Have you done it?
>>
>>35430229
yeah, doogs can feel emotions and are able to tell your emotion from voice as well
>>
>>35430321
Dogs and humans have evolved so closely with each other that we have both influenced the other's evolution. There are actually mental disorders which are common to both human and dog brains. They are able to read our body language and facial expressions, they can consciously act in a way to try to influence human emotions (eg act guilty when they know they did something bad so the human feels sorry for them), they can get an understanding of dozens of words and phrases, they can tell when we are lethargic or unwell and act sympathetic, as you say they can pick up on how people feel about others and can even become racist due to their owner's prejudice, and they are one of the only animals that is able to make the distinction between humans and their own species. Doggos exist only to be companions to humans and they are pretty darn good at it.
>>
File: 1485705887005.jpg (446KB, 1076x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1485705887005.jpg
446KB, 1076x1077px
fuck doggos and fuck dog people
>>
>>35430710
This t b h
Holocaust part 2 dog edition WHEN
>>
>>35430229
some dogs are smarter than most people on this board and respond better to stimuli. you need to need to be nice to doggos
>>
>>35430710
>my parents bought me a cat instead of a dog like i wanted so now i need to rationalize it
christ you people are as bad as N64 faggots
>>
>tfw my doggo died a couple weeks ago
>spread his ashes in his favourite spot in the river on sunday
bye bye pupper. you were my best pal.
>>
>>35430333
I have five.
>>
I've got a doggo but i prefer my cat because he's less work and i've had him longer.
>>
>>35430780
>it's an autist that can only relate to animals episode
>>
>>35430710
Cats are for neets and betamaxes.
I've never met a successful person or a healthy family that owned a cat without owning a dog or two.
>>
File: 1485369654809.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1485369654809.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>35430841
>>35431465
t. d*gs
>>
>>35430333
So you yourself actually Own a dog but involuntarily?
That tells more about you than your pets.
>>
>>35431501
Nice conversational skills, just what I'd expect from stereotypically passive, alienated cat owner.
>>
>>35430229
yes tone is all they understand. That and your smell. You being mad lets them associate that smell with them doing something wrong, along with the yelling and you even getting violent to get them to remember what not to do. Treats also work though, and effection when they do something right.
>>
File: 1480882886791.jpg (42KB, 559x510px) Image search: [Google]
1480882886791.jpg
42KB, 559x510px
>>35431590
FUCK YOU LESSIE
>>
>>35430841
>prenormie internet full of intelligent introverts
>they liked cats because introvert and posted mainly cats

Normie ree.
>>
>>35430710
Cats are jews of the animal realm and the ultimate beta male pet.

Dogs are honorary aryans.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.