[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how many of you guys here today posted back in 2003? What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1316086805735.png (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1316086805735.png
39KB, 500x500px
So how many of you guys here today posted back in 2003?
What about 2004?
Even 2010?

I have to say, all those threads saying this and that about missing the good old times, or saying there never were good times, or saying 4chan never changed, are these people ever speaking from experience? Honestly you can't tell anymore, some you get a feeling are genuine but sometimes even the most genuine posts are fake.

Truth is, 4chan has changed, but honestly it's hard to notice, or maybe just hard to remember. It's like working at some place for a long time, sometimes you'll notice changes and other times not so much, but no matter what eventually it'll all just blend. Sometimes you'll get a thought about this or that, like if you worked in an office and remember when the computers all used Microsoft Office 2003 and now you use Office 2013, and say "Yeah, I miss those times." Why that happens I honestly can't think of a reason myself, I think everyone has different reasons for wanting to go back in time, sometimes they're legitimate feelings and sometimes not.

Whatever oldfags are on right now I want to know what your thoughts are on how 4chan has changed in your own eyes. What have you noticed, what haven't you, tell through your own experience of it. Anyone can look up how 4chan has changed but I want to know individually
>>
R9k was good when soc didn't exist. Was much more friendlier.
>>
>>35427300
/r9k/ before 2012 was an entirely different place in general
>>
>>35427272
I've been here since late '03 or early '04. Not sure exactly when, but I know it was still 4chan.net and not 4chan.org because I remember the switch clearly.

It was a very different site in the old days, and as you say, even up until the late '00s. It's kind of hard to articulate how it was different, but anybody who's been here this long will know what I mean. It's hard not to feel like a tiny minority (early anons) on a site that's long sense been dominated by people who came long after we did.
>>
>>35427360
I completely agree, I've been here since 2007 myself. It's just weird to think about, really. Like when you finish college and think back to grade school, it's surreal
>>
>>35427272
>So how many of you guys here today posted back in 2003?
no

started around 2011 maybe
>>
>>35428521
Honestly you're still part of a minority right now. 2011 was 6 years ago, they probably make up about 10% of posters right now
>>
>>35427272
I started posting in 2009. The general vibe of most boards is the same. Anyone who glorifies the past is lying to you or putting there own feelings into the actual memories. I don't mean that in a mean way, but I look at old screencaps and all and it wasn't that different or great.
>>
File: gurrl.jpg (83KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
gurrl.jpg
83KB, 720x960px
>>35427272

tldr, the difference between 20yo dudes born in 1983 and 20yo snowflakes born in 1997.

>tldr, 20yo dudes born in 1983 weren't craving for gay things like the ones born in 1997.
>>
>>35427360
Why do you have to lie? I'd bet everything you have been here less than two years.
>>
I don't even remember but probably 2004. I remember /l/ still existed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.