[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and robot /recovery/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1484242785900.png (339KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484242785900.png
339KB, 1280x720px
>tfw still a hikikomori
>tfw not been out with people in years
>tfw no idea how to rejoin society

discuss recovery struggles, stories, plans, etc.

>/recovery/ Discord
https://discord.gg/G9zzg8S
>>
File: e.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>tfw you started rapping
>tfw people actually like your work
>tfw you might be talented after all
>tfw you might have a way out that doesnt involve flippin burgers
>>
>>35427021
The first thing we should do is mention our ages and physical health. This makes the largest difference and the strategies being discussed will need to be adjusted.

I'm 32 living with my parents and in very poor health. I have applied for government assistance of various types and there is a chance I will get an apartment of my own this year. I've been on the waiting list for about 2 years.

I don't know how I will adjust to living on my own. I fear it will be very lonely.
>>
>>35427230
how would it work?
0g
>>
>>35428263
just gotta make myself known over the next few years. im 23 now, if i'm not "poppin" by the time im 25-26 i guess i need to start looking for a mcjob
>>
File: 131ffd961e6db61630450d074bffdc12.jpg (194KB, 736x1123px) Image search: [Google]
131ffd961e6db61630450d074bffdc12.jpg
194KB, 736x1123px
Posting my story

>sophomore year, switch to independent study
>do 2 hours of school work a week and meet up with my instructor for 30 minutes a week
>halfway through my junior year, aware of my neetdom, excitedly move with mom and brother and switch schools to a regular high school
>graduate, decide to join air force with 3 friends, all pretty pathetic wanting to grow up.. good friends though. one didn't make it because eczema and another eventually left
>2 weeks from leaving to boot camp, leave on trip to LA with this rich girl I just met through friends
>no cell phone, didn't tell recruiter, told mom but she forgot, nobody could contact me
>get back 2 days before I leave.. mom called police and thought I ran away, recruiter heard, both police and recruiter called entire family (who literally none of them knew, also I don't even know my dad lel)

But I digress (cont)
>>
>>35429053
aaaaand here we are in the present

>girl I was most obsessed with in my entire life, who'd caused me pain for years, who I'd eventually told I'd never talk to her again because she seemed to only keep me around for safe male attention, messages me
>talk for a while, hang out. Hang out for a while, eventually consider ourselves in a relationship
>Inspired by her, get job remodeling kitchens and bathrooms working full time, with my sign waving job on weekends.
>save up $8k over 9 months
>she sends out some random applications to dental offices in San Francisco advertising on Craigslist because she's technically qualified to work as an assistant now
>ends up getting a job making $22/hr
>we move to San Francisco
>sign up for the community college, taking a bunch of astronomy but with no major declared. Get accepted working for the astro. dept., a great opportunity.
>anxiety wells back up, I've faced none of my problems, and still feel incredibly dissociated, get really depressed and come up with excuses and reasons, legitimate or not, to talk myself out of it. Don't respond to astro. dept. despite going to 2 meetings already and seeming very interested, and drop all my classes, owing 700$
>neet for a month now, down to 2500$, fortunately still waving a sign on weekends, now in SF with higher pay
>make enough to sustain myself but I'm not contributing anything monetarily to our relationship or my life

Don't know what to do, I just kind of sit around smoking weed and thinking less and less about the world or my interests and increasingly just about how I can't do anything and don't really like life. I seem to literally just get by by making select women like me. Could be freudian, dad left me as a child and mother coddled me while running away from life and making excuses for everything herself.

Basically, despite my crushing anxiety and hollow derealization, I manage to be attractive and likable to select grills and have had the opportunities to meet them
>>
>>35428486
idk if it's the same for rap since the culture is all straightforward and the rules are "blow up fast or just quit", but i do "experimental rock" shit and you have to be prepared for at the very least like 8 years of nobody giving a fuck and relentlessly continuing to put things out/tour/etc. despite that. I'm committed to dealing with that and making it work because I'm a retard, but w/e
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.