[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you would be happier if you had religion in your life?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: 998.gif (948KB, 178x269px) Image search: [Google]
998.gif
948KB, 178x269px
Do you think you would be happier if you had religion in your life?
>>
Nah. Just keep vampiring me.

Tiring, isn't it? But I am delicious.
>>
>>35426471
No. Religion doesn't fix severe depression m8. Lexapro is doing a good job helping though.
>>
I was happier with religion in my life.
>>
I was more depressed as a religious kid than I am as an adult who doesn't care. I had so much guilt and fear about God and what would happen to me in the afterlife. My mom also made me believe my dad would burn in hell and I was so afraid of him dying and going to hell. I had a lot of anxiety because of too much fire/brimstone shit
>>
Well I would have to be a retarded dumbass for that to happen and they do say ignorance is bliss so yes probably. I wouldn't want it though.
>>
File: 1489126828675.jpg (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1489126828675.jpg
1MB, 2480x3508px
>>35426471
Religion makes everybody happier!

Join the Axis cult today and bask in Aqua-sama's love!
>>
>>35426471
Religion is a workaround for the weak. The strong get a healthy range of interests, education and health improvement.

This is not a categorization and I'm open for opinions, so if you want to, prove me wrong.
>>
>>35426516
That is the truth. You can still be buddy's with jc or whom ever and stay at home. Different things work for everyone on an individual level. If what you're doing is working out for you, I think thats wonderful and continue on that path. Good luck and I wish you and everyone here well.
>>
>>35426604
Nothing to prove. Religion is reality spackle.

>why did my child die

God wills it.

>why was I born in poverty to abusive parents

You had bad karma from a previous life.

>why do we exist

Lol god dun it.

The things that religion can actually be used to bullshit with is shrinking daily, so mostly it's used to explain what is currently unknowable and ascribe meaning to the chaos of a meaningless world. The weak need that protection.
>>
>>35426656
Did you ever think that those are coping mechanisms?
>>
I've deluded myself into thinking I still have a chance with women and that hurt me enough.

I don't need to delude myself that there is a skyman who is actually the cause of all my problems.
>>
>>35426471
Not a religion really but this year I have been practicing Buddhism. Have become sort of obsessed with mindfulness in every aspect of my life. Definitely feel a lot better all round than I did before starting on this path.
>>
>>35426656
I agree, I see many believers just pulling the same shit over and over again. What I don't understand is why atheists are called edgy.
>>
ive read a little into buddism if that counts

i cant meditate.
>>
>>35426471
Of course, we would just socialize at least a little by going to Church or Snackbaring around Middle East
>>
>>35426715
Honestly, atheism seems kinda lame to me, weak people gonna be weak, theres no fixig that, assiging yourself to a group whos purpose is to make fun of their imaginary friends is dumb.

Just ignore religitards like a sane person or say you're religious anyway, go to church, and bang all their idiot women
>>
>>35426539
Not believing in Satan won't save you either
>>
>>35426762
Man that burned me. The reason I'm here is because qt who I loved got arranged to a YMCA faggot by her church, and, because the holy father said it, of course she loved it. The edge is strong with me, but I will bring the faithers down, physically, economically or morally, and not even because they believe in sky daddy.
>>
>>35426715
This is only a US thing, atheism is the default in many places in Europe and East Asia. On TV in my country if someone says anything to suggest religious beliefs it is automatically assumed to be sarcasm and taking the piss. It seems Americans have a hard time grasping the idea that being religious is not the default state of human life.
>>
>>35426604
There's nothing to disprove here, opinions are meaningless non-empirical statements.
"Healthy" is a subjective term when applied in your context.
>Healthy range of interests
None of those interests being spiritual?
Education should involve studying Religion, since very few people in the world are non-believers.
>Religion is a workaround for the weak
People use religion to enhance their lives, not come up for excuses for things. Religion is used as a means of improving one's spiritual wellbeing, or provide one with a means of connecting to others, or simply finding new philosophies to life.

>>35426656
Nobody thinks like this, stop roleplaying to boost your own ego, you degenerate.
>>
As a former depressed robot, I can tell you 100% that my search for truth which eventually led to my definitive belief in God has made me into a blissful person with happiness unlike I ever dreamt of while being an atheist for most of my life.
>>
>>35426882

>healthy range of interests is subjective

An idle mind is devil's workshop, no? By healthy I mean wide.

>spiritual wellbeing

Do you mean mental health? I hope you mean mental health. Well, if you do, then I want to say: there are other places you can get new philosophies other than the church. Books are a good example.

>religion should be taught

Religion is just one philosophy that in its very documents blocks all other philosophies. Education is there to broaden your views, not make them more narrow.
>>
>>35426882
>few people in the world are non-believers
Not true whatsoever. Almost the entirety of China is atheist for starters. Then you have most Europe, other East Asian countries, which are predominantly atheist, and there is of course a smattering of atheists living in religious countries like the US. The majority of people in the world are religious when you add them all together, but then the majority of people in the world also live in third-world shitholes eating dirt and shitting in the streets.
>>
>>35426529
Christianity/Islam =/= all religion.
>>
>>35427038
Yet they are the majority. A spokesman of sorts.
>>
>>35426845
Most Americans are actually not that religious in the relevant areas. Mainstream U.S. media attacks religion (well, Christianity) all the time.
>>
>>35427061
>yet they are the majority
By number of followers.
But they only represent a fraction of religious beliefs as a whole.
>>
>>35427107
Show me a religion that wasn't peaceful in its development phase.
>>
>>35427126
I'm guessing you've never heard of Mohammad and the all shit he did.
>>
>>35427200
Good point. I meant the fall of rome though.
>>
>>35426471
my suicide attempt pretty much cleared out any lingering feels I had about Jesus.

doing better now though
>>
File: IMG_1111.png (434KB, 465x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1111.png
434KB, 465x402px
>>35427257
>be late period roman senator
>city under siege by Christian hordes
>as their cross shaped battering ram thunders against the city gates you make a last ditch sacrifice to the gods in the temple of Mars
>tfw your last sight is the rape of the sacred virgins just before you're swallowed by a sea of warriors ready to defile the temple

Is this what you meant?
>>
File: columba_skelton1.jpg (76KB, 332x364px) Image search: [Google]
columba_skelton1.jpg
76KB, 332x364px
>>35426471
Already got it, lad. And it has made me happier.
>>
File: hqdefault-12.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-12.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>35427761 Possums are so cute when they eat fruit. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wiKIHQRIU
>>
File: 1471532058255.gif (943KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471532058255.gif
943KB, 480x360px
>>35427947
I knew I had a gif of that possum somewhere
>>
>>35426471
I had religion as a child.
It didn't make me happier
>>
I want to convert but there's still that fedora deep in my core
>>
File: 090990000099.jpg (62KB, 574x804px) Image search: [Google]
090990000099.jpg
62KB, 574x804px
I do have religion, Ebola-Chan fills my life with love and purpose.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.