[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy into the anxiety medication meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Should I buy into the anxiety medication meme?
>>
>>35422527
Benzos un-ironically work but they're a short term option and highly addictive.
>>
>>35422535
I'm going to therapy too, and that's helping. I just want to be able to make friends
>>
only use benzos for certain scenarios. such as a job interview, presentation for school, etc. don't fuck around and use them everyday, you WILL get addicted and your body will get used to it so fast to the point where you're taking like 8mg a day. look up what people go through when they have withdrawals quitting xanax
>>
>>35422560
For the long term the best treatment for anxiety is improved diet, a proper sleep pattern and possibly most important of all, regular exercise.

This isn't a meme, exercise un-ironically does wonders for your mental state, doesn't hurt your physical state either of course.

Medication wise, long term generally doctors will try shill SSRI's onto you which are sort of hit and miss and are known for having some annoying side effects, you'd be better taking an SNRI if anything.

Benzos do wonders short term though, if you're responsible enough to take them and not go crazy and take high dosages for the high.

If you want something just to be able to socialize / be outside without being anxious you can ask to be prescribed something weak such as Oxazepam or Temazepam which will also assist with sleep, generally Temazepam is taken before bed though.

Oxazepam works but it's generally considered the weakest of benzos because it doesn't have any real recreational value.

Hope this helps

-t med fag
>>
>>35422569
Are their any alternatives that aren't super addictive?
>>
Why not do mindfulness instead?
>>
>>35422569

can confirm, had massive withdrawal symptoms from taking xanax everyday for two months, wanted to kill myself.

Fucking flatmate (who suggested the idea) failed to tell me about that, only found out when I was hooked that withdrawal is worse than heroin
>>
>>35422600

anything thats good is pretty much addictive by definition

there are no magic bullets
>>
>>35422599
Temazepam sounds like a good option. I definitely don't want any SSRIs. I hate myself, but I'd rather not kill myself
>>
>>35422633
Yeah, but there's a difference between psychological and physiological addiction. It's a lot easier to go a day without internet than heroin.
>>
>>35422634
Temazepam isn't really strong either but it does work for therapeutic use and it also contains a sedative to help induce sleep.

SSRI's are "unlikely" to make you suicidal but it is possible, the main problem with SSRI's are is they are hit and miss as I said.

Some work for some people and for others they don't but they can take up to 8 weeks for (if there even is any) noticeable effects.

Then at the end of that if they don't work the doctor will generally just say "lol oops let's try a different variation".

Long term SSRI use generally has shitty side effects like changes in appetite and sexual impotency, they're too main ones I think.

I'm taking SNRI's and some other anti psychotics and i'm basically impotent at 22.
>>
>tfw have a panic attack every time I get driven on the freeway
>>
>>35422633
>>35422658
This, benzo withdrawals can literally kill you because they essentially rewire your brain and when you're no longer taking the drug suddenly your CNS (central nervous system) goes into shock, generally leading to a stroke or other similar disastrous outcomes.
>>
I take magnesium supplements and it sorta helps with my anxiety
>>
Opinions on l-theanine? I'm taking as little benzos as possible but I can't function normally without them (diagnosed with schizophrenia and panic disorder).
>>
>>35422535
>highly addictive.

Do they develop tolerance quick ?
>>
>>35422821
Depends what you're taking, with Xanax and Diazepam, yes. Weaker benzos not so much.

>>35422926
Temazepam could work for you, talk to your therapist about it, don't sound too eager though, doctors generally don't like prescribing benzos. Not in my country at least.
>>
>>35422658

That's a binary I don't really buy into anymore. Further to what I said, anything that will yield significant benefits minus effort WILL affect you physically, psychological addiction is pretty much the baby brother of physical addiction
>>
>>35423339

i.e. they exist on the same spectrum
>>
Probably the single worst decision you could make. If you find out someone is on the pharmaceutical Jew immediately distance yourself from them.
>>
>>35423483

a lot of bad things are good in the right amounts. If you don't have an addictive personality then yeah go for it - 1 mg of xanax every now and then will give you some relief (don't know about the others) but do you think you would end up wanting to feel that happy all the time?
>>
>>35422527
Yes and no. They nice. They work when you need them to. And then they don't work anymore. And then you become an addict.
>>
File: 1477201911024.jpg (39KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1477201911024.jpg
39KB, 600x568px
took anxiety medication for about a week and could no longer maintain an erection. feelsbadman
>>
>>35422527
Benzos will literally give you alzheimers.
>>
>>35422527
Benzo addiction is horrible
The effects of the WD can last years
Do not play around with benzos
Take benzos for 2-3 weeks until SSRI/SNRI start working then stop taking benzos
>>
what about prozac?
>>
File: 2d5du40.jpg (74KB, 501x502px) Image search: [Google]
2d5du40.jpg
74KB, 501x502px
yes yes you should anon
>>
>>35422673
>SNRIs with anti psychotics
anti psychotics as in dopamine antagonists?
dude wat. why?
>>
>>35424204
Australia.

>>35424754
They're mainly for anger issues / manic episodes over anything. Jewish poison but they keep me sedated to an extent.
>>
>>35424908
but how the fuck are you taking SNRIs and dopamine antagonists simultaneously?
Is not that contraindicated?
I can not even imagine the side effects.
>>
>>35424983
I am taking Venlafaxine and Clozapine
No real side effects
>>
File: 1456814366248.jpg (21KB, 177x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456814366248.jpg
21KB, 177x300px
>>35422527
I miss xanax so badly. The only thing that made me feel calm and in charge of my head.
>>
>>35426099
take more

>>35426074
Venlafaxine work for you anon?

just killed my dick / made me potentially more sad
>>
Xanax is alright. It's amazing as a sleep aid and as a cure to a stimulant comedown. It's not really euphoric but it does eliminate anxiety very quickly and very effectively.
>>
>>35426106
>Venlafaxine work for you anon?
Yes it helps a lot
I am on a super high dose tho (375mg)
I am also on Mirtazapine

Tried Sertraline before that and it just made my stomach hurt
>>
>>35426175
I've taken Mirtazapine in the past, a long time ago, didn't really help.

I'm about 2 months into Effexor XR (venlafaxine) and currently on 150mg, doesn't seem to be working so far, was it working for you at lower doses? How long before you got raised to such a high dose?
>>
>>35426198
Lower dosages didn't work for me
>How long before you got raised to such a high dose?
As fast as possible
I spent time inside hospitals and they rase the dose quite fast
375mg is actually only for in patients, but lower dosages don't work for me

iirc 225mg is needed for the full effect of venlafaxine
>>
>>35426256
I've gotta go see my GP soon but i've been too autistic to get out of bed before 6pm lately so I'll go see him and check what he wants to do soon I guess.

150mg doesn't seem to do anything.
>>
>>35426300
>GP
You should probably get a psychiatrist
>>
>>35426353
My GP was the head of the ward psychiatric at the biggest hospital in my state for like 10 years so he has background / is fairly qualified.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.