[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How badly did I fuck up?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: deebly_goncerned.jpg (36KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
deebly_goncerned.jpg
36KB, 600x500px
story time

>college, freshman year
>no friends for first 3 months or so
>difficult class is catching up with me
>nerdy asian guy in the class asks people afterwards if they want to do a study group
>i am the only one who says i will join him
>we hang out in the library
>cool dude
>1st college friend
>fast forward to freshman year, spring semester
>asian friend introduces me to 2 girls from his math class
>the 4 of us start hanging out as a group of friends
>several weeks later, another guy from asian kid's math class joins
>group of 5 friends
>"holy shit i can't believe i have 4 friends, thank you asian man"

>fast forward to 2 years ago
>i graduate from college
>still friends with asian man
>tell him i'm concerned about my future because no gf and no job lined up
>asian man tells me "one of the two girls in our group liked you, why you never asked her out?"
>fug
>so beta, always just assumed the two other guys in our group would take them

>fast forward to now
>still no job
>still living with parents
>still no gf

I can't help but feel that my life would be completely different if I wasn't such a faggot and had just asked one of the girls out.

Now I'm 25, unemployed for 2 years out of college, up at 6am because I can't sleep, wondering if my life is permanently fucked because I was (and am) a beta adolescent.
>>
The two girls I was friends with had fairly interesting personalities.

The first was kind of a nerdy genki girl with glasses and big oppais. Had a loud and somewhat obnoxious laugh, but it was charming in its own way.

The second girl was petite, shy, flat-chested bookworm type of girl, also a huge nerd. She felt fairly traditional in terms of worldview and also the way she dressed and presented herself in conversation.

I think asian man told me it was the 2nd girl who liked me, but I was good friends with both.
>>
>>35422120
Become a hermit. I have also considered getting a vasectomy at 18. Fuck.
>>
>>35422196

I have actually considered that a person like me should live a life of solitude, perhaps as a member of a religious order. It would feel more legitimate that way, as opposed to just being homeless or living with my parents forever.

I'm too afraid to consider this option right now though because I have a lot of school debt and my father expects me to pay it off on my own. Right now I am still coasting on money I saved up in my life through birthdays and holidays and a summer job I had one year. The money runs out in about 4 months due to school loan payments.
>>
>>35422120
Get into contact with the girl who liked you. Reconnect with her and see where things go.
>>
>>35422231

Maybe she would still be interested in me, but I have a feeling that when I tell her I'm still unemployed after 2 years and living with my parents that she won't be interested anymore.
>>
File: 1486639768075.jpg (91KB, 938x512px) Image search: [Google]
1486639768075.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
>>35422120
There's still time, OP. Not much, but there's still a little left.

>be 29
>finally finish education and examinations
>the job market is looking super good and my resume is OK
>things might be better

Still no gf tho. One thing at a time I guess.
>>
>>35422265
This is absolutely true.
Why are you doing nothing? I hace lived in cities with v high unemployment rates and never been unemployed more than 3 months. The only way to be totally unemployed in America by refusing to look for work.
>>
>>35422265
You'd be surprised by how many people your age are living with their parents. Economic times are bad for our generation bro. Economists literally call us the "Lost Generation" because of the fallout from 2008.
>>
>>35422312

You make some good points, so I will explain my position further.

In college I studied philosophy and math. I never knew what I wanted to do in life, and this was true up through graduation.

I talked about this with asian man, he suggested that I try to become an actuary. Asian man's dad is an actuary and he said his dad likes the work and it's good and pays well, etc.

It seems daunting but in my head I feel like it would be nice to have such a nice job.

So I tell my parents I will go for it. I spent my 1st year out of college solely studying for the actuary exams, and I passed a few of them.

Since then I've applied for a few entry-level positions but haven't gotten any. Got discouraged for a while and didn't do anything for a few months. Started applying again, and here I am.

If still no job in a few more months, my dad said he's going to make me get my shitty summer job I had a few years ago, again. It's a temporary job though, not a career, so I have no idea what would happen after that.
>>
>>35422351

This may be true but I still feel pathetic. I don't have many friends but it still seems that all of them have a job and a respectable life. I am an anomaly among my friends it seems.
>>
You can meet people even outside of school OP. Just try to make success where you want it. Don't fuck up!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.