[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I keep going to my Social Skills Group

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1485887211848.jpg (7KB, 207x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485887211848.jpg
7KB, 207x250px
I have severe social anxiety and no friends but I'm not a complete social retard, I understand body language tone of voice and shit like that the problem is that I constantly spill my spaghetti whenever I try to talk to someone. My parents signed me up for this group that's for aspies, autitsts and people with social anxiety but everyone in there is autistic. I'm not going to be improving my to talk to people by interacting with severely autistic people and the people that run the program are patronizing as hell but if I quit my parents are going to give me hell and I'm close to being kicked out. I'm going to community college right now so hopefully I'll be moving out soon anyway but my relationship is so shitty with my parents that I'm concerned that they'll kick me out. I've thought about joining the military since I'm fit but I know that I'll have to stop taking antidepressants to pass the MEPS drug tests and if I do I'll probably have a panic attack and get kicked out of boot camp. So I guess what I'm really asking is, what the fuck do I do?
>>
File: cat.png (38KB, 637x590px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
38KB, 637x590px
>>35419007
uh
keep being you buddy
>>
Don't do group. Find club at your college you may have interest in. They have Drama or Improv Club? Drama is full of awkward people, no normies. Also look into self employment . Basically you can monetize any hobby or interest. Tell a little more and could write some other shit. If you wanna do military go head. But don't go in blind or feel forced.
>>
I have heard that suicide helps. You should try it just this once, and hey you never know, you might just like it
>>
>>35419007
I absolutely feel you to a degree, aspie-friend. I was diagnosed aspie as a kid and have gotten a lot of social cues down but lingering issues of social anxiety/depression I'm going to group for. and well. It's extremely depressing?
>>
>>35419135
PS I would heavily advise against military service,
>>35419007
I have a spazzy friend who just lost his shit in basic training from the continual poking-you-with-a-stick routine and I do not advise it to a sensitive young autist.
>>
>>35419135
>Is it extremely depressing?
Yes.
>>35419092
Huh I never looked into Drama club maybe I'll check it out, thanks anon.
>>
I have severe social anxiety too but I hide it from my parents to avoid this exact scenario. It's your fault they're trying to help you clearly wanted this in some way. Also your an adult they can't make you go.
>>
>>35419213
>you clearly wanted this in some way
Eventually I just stopped giving a shit about hiding my depression and anxiety I just didn't have the energy to fake it.
> You're an adult they can't make you go.
I guess you're right maybe I just have to bite the bullet and tell them that I'm not going anymore.
>>
You need to stop caring about how others see you, you do you friendo or you can be an alter-ego of yourself, that can work too(confirmed out of experience),best of luck
>>
>>35419181
>>35419668
my personal balm for this was D&D roleplaying with other reject types. homeschool kid was DM, we had Anger Management Kid, ADD Kid, eventually Black Kid. good memories. it's nice to pretend to be someone else and feel things out in terms of social scenarios with a bunch of other nerds who don't care if you're dumb sometimes.
>>
>>35419724
That sounds real nice, most of my friendships are purely surface-level, i had a pretty tight-knitted group of friends ( still my main group), i opened up to them about my interests and feels and they pushed me away, i just wanted to have people to share the things i love with, we're pretty tight knitted still, but i act on a normie level with them, guess that's the bad part of the "alter-ego" option.
>>
>I'll have to stop taking antidepressants to pass the MEPS drug tests and if I do I'll probably have a panic attack and get kicked out of boot camp

iktf, I'm getting off mine currently.

Question what gives you anxiety and try doing it, exposure works and you can take little steps.
>>
I honestly hope you die. Like get some sort of brain cancer or something. You know for your own good ofc
>>
>>35419007

You need need meds bromigo. Either that or suicide.

Talk therapy never works.
>>
>>35419007
Try out a public speaking group, that sounds more what you need. I think there's a group in the U.S. called Toastmasters or something? Pretty sure they may be in some other countries too. Check them out, or public speaking courses / groups in general.
>>
>>35419007
pump & dump some of the autist(not too autist or you might get in trouble) girls bro they might be a bit ugly but that pussy is prime desu
>>
>>35420675
Everyone in the group is a guy
>>
>>35420652
>Toastmasters
Why does every normie or low level cyborg recommend this shit. Traumatizing yourself with public speaking just makes you even more scared.
>>
>>35420685
Get some of that sweet boipucci, Anon.
>>
>>35420675
autists are heavily weighted towards male
>>
>>35420688
It's supposed to give people the confidence to speak in front of others more generally, not just to give a public speech. People who have social anxiety or have trouble talking to people like OP take the course and build their confidence. Don't knock it till you try it. And if that's not good enough for you, courses like these are also a good way to find shy socially awkward QTs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.