[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you consider yourself to have an above average intellect? Be honest

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: 001.jpg (53KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
53KB, 600x800px
Do you consider yourself to have an above average intellect?
Be honest
>>
Yeah but I'm worried years of being lazy, living unhealthily, doing drugs and a few whacks to the head have brought me down
>>
>>35404538
I was above average as a child and teenager, but stopped learning and now I'm probably average
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.jpg (17KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.jpg
17KB, 600x315px
>>35404538

Yeah, I graduated valedictorian while getting kicked out of school constantly (for fighting). Top 1 percent wealth of people my age too. Still hate my life and want to blow my brains out everyday, only things I truly enjoy is starting shit with normalfags for absolutely no reason.
>>
No, I'm stupid.
>>
>>35404538
>Do you consider yourself to have an above average intellect?

I think the more I learn about the world, the more I see "intellect" as nothing more than experience

learning mathematics is a skill just like learning carpentry or machining

learning how to write a history paper is very similar to learning how to build a table or whatever

some people see themselves as being capable of one or the other, and believe that they cannot do the other, with one skill being seen as much more "intellectual" than the other

up until a surprisingly high level, most of these skills can be broken down into nothing more than following a set of algorithms to accomplish something.

If you want to integrate some expression or whatever, you follow an algorithm, a set of steps which you are taught to get to the answer. not much critical thought is necessary, not much creation of original ideas.

The same is true for, say, creating some widget in a metal shop - if you want to drill a hole into a piece of metal, you use this tool, etc

At higher levels of either one, critical thinking may be required, maybe "intellect", but I honestly don't think this is worth a damn, there's no such thing as innate intellect or talent. Having perseverance and the dedication to learn is and will always be worth so much more than whatever you consider intellect to be

and unfortunately for me, I don't think my work ethic is that great. Even if I have been given great opportunities, it's my work ethic that holds me back, not any lack of intelligence
>>
yes I just feel like Im more logical than others they just do stupid shit without thinking about it beforehand like why the fuck cant they see obvious common sense shit
>>
Wait, is this a test?
Okay, okay, I thought I was a smartiepartie but that was just the bubble-gum lobotomy talking :P
>>
Since average actually means stupid, then yes. I had an IQ test during my battery of psychiatric tests to diagnose me with a personality disorder and scored 'superior' so that's evidence enough for me. I got a first class degree as well.
>>
>>35404870
You passed anon. Agent Maxwell will be at your house at 1030 tomorrow to take you to secret genius hq. good luck
>>
>>35404538
Not sure. Maybe or maybe not.

Many people I've gotten to know a little bit more have said I was an intelligent guy. I write music in the form of notation and I like math. I consider myself to be an abstract thinker. I also enjoy reading (not books but articles, online convos, online commentary from 4chan and other sites like news sites or info sites). I like to read about politics, news, mysticism, animals, some science, psychology and now I've been trying to figure out what new language I should learn (just for fun).

I'm also left handed and I had a very overactive imagination as a child. I was very good at creating my own games and cartoons.

But regardless, I was always the last one to finish the test while in my classes growing up. I have always failed when it comes to women and I am not really a practical-everyday-concrete problem solver. These are also things that define intelligence and I feel like I am lacking in these latter mentioned things.
>>
>>35404916
>tfw I'm 5'10 barefoot

Agent Manlet has a nice ring to it.
>>
>>35404538
If I am, it's done absolutely fuck all for me. People always used to tell me I was so smart, or clever, or intelligent, but I consistently fail at school, so the evidence doesn't seem to point in that direction.
>>
File: IMG_2503.jpg (783KB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2503.jpg
783KB, 3088x2320px
>>35404916
I lied. I'm stupid as fuck. Have fun, Agent Maxwell.
>>
Who /intelligentbutuncultured/ here? I'm a smart guy, I am 22 and I work from home as a freelance programmer, I know all about science stuff, and have several autistic interests that I know shitloads about. But in conversations I come across as an idiot because I don't know anything about history, art, music, film, sports, cars, food, anything that's common knowledge to most people I have no clue about.
>>
>>35405301
I get that too. I literally couldn't care less about anything that isn't science, computers or politics, and nobody is interested in talking about any of those things. Even if they did, I'm not very good at talking to other people.
>>
Got IQ tested as a kid and I was a few points off of genius. I used my intellect to coast through school and got an engineering degree with almost no effort.

Might have been able to make contributions to the world, but I'm content with a comfy life as a design engineer.
>>
Yes, I am the only smart person in the world. Anyone besides me who claims to be smart is either lying or delusional.

>>35405562
>almost no effort
>almost
HA! Retard!
>>
Most of the time. On a bad day I suppose it could be average or a little worse.
>>
>>35404538
I'll never be confident like Chad, so it doesn't matter.
My intellect dies with me.
>>
>>35405301
common knowledge is pretty much like our memes on imageboards
they arent really of any use
>>
>>35404538
2015 internship making cosmic ray detector, community college
Developed PCBs, detector modules, and the rest of the setup.
Collected data, analysis on linux server.
Presentation wins award on tri-state level.

Then cancer research at an ivy league
Operated X-ray irradiator, cell culture, microfluidics, incubation with radioactive material. P.I. says its the most work, and the furthest any intern has ever gotten in terms of material for a paper.

I am not terribly smart, but I learn swiftly and work hard. 2.5 gpa right now, but then again I took 17 units while still building the house I just moved into...
>>
>>35404538
no. i'm very stupid because everyone said i was smart growing up and made no effort to maintain what little intelligence i had

me dumb
>>
>>35404808
Really enjoyed reading your thoughts there, anon, you summed up what I had been thinking.

I have to disagree on one point though : I tihnk "talent" exists, to a certain degree. But it really requires insane amounts of works to yield tangible results.

And of course, ITT : muh IQ-test, I'm a near-genius !!!!
>>
Average, probably have an IQ of 99 - 101

I finished college and university and everything but plenty of retards can do that
>>
File: 1473698753972.jpg (197KB, 769x754px) Image search: [Google]
1473698753972.jpg
197KB, 769x754px
Yep, I think I'm smarter than the majority of people.

Everyone thinks that tho, but the point is some of them/us are right.
>>
>>35404785
>No, I'm stupid.
this
>>
>>35404538
yeah, im smart but to lazy too apply myself
>>
Yes. I honestly feel guilty and cringey even talking about it, but I know for a fact that I'm literally a genius. I've tried not to display it or mention it anymore, and I really no longer place the value I once did on intellect, but I'd be lying to myself if I said my brain was average. People are tangibly less quick, inventive, able to abstract, intuitive, and talented than I am most of the time, even the ones who I consider better people than myself, and I know I don't think exactly the same way, either. I dunno if that actually makes me special or anything.
>>
>>35404538
nope. I used to though.

Going to school and always having someone in the class do better than you is pretty humbling
>>
File: 1486242352584.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486242352584.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>35404538

A little, I am self employed
>>
>>35404538
I have an IQ of 140 according to professional tests, and I do feel like people are much slower at things.
But one thing i'm awful at is social interaction: I can react very quickly, but I'm unable to guess what someone actually thinks, which leads to rather comical situations...
But aside from that, i'd consider myself above average.
>>
Of course, but you have to remember that the average person is a complete fucking idiot. Also, the gap between being in, say, the top 20% smartest people and being in the top 5% smartest people is massive.

Being "above average" just means that you're not a complete moron.
>>
File: 1485546014554.png (286KB, 697x622px) Image search: [Google]
1485546014554.png
286KB, 697x622px
People constantly tell me I'm intelligent but I can't tell whether they're being patronizing or not.
>>
File: feel.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
18KB, 500x500px
>>35404538
I always used to think I was smart, in my own "special" way. My grades and overall life direction tell otherwise.
>>
>>35404538
no all the blood goes to my huge dick and nuts. i got more muscle that i have to oxygenate with my blood plus my gigantic cock.
>>
>>35408148
Aspergers. I garuntee it.
>>
Probably top 20% percentile. I'm double majoring in the two hardest majors in STEM and I am top 15% of the class so I think that's a reasonable assumption.
>>
>>35404538
Yes.

Unironically, and not in the smart but lazy way. I did graduate a university program in land development policy with honours in four years, and started a career in my field without resorting to nepotism.
>>
>>35404538
short answer: yes
long answer: yes, objectively
>>
>>35409341
Meh, I don't think, because I don't have the kind of obsessions an assburger usually has. I've talked to a genuine asperger for three years (I was his only friend) and he tended to be very focused on some actress I don't remember the name of) and a particular band, to the point where it was kind of annoying.
Also he wasn't very good at actually talking to people, whereas I don't feel anxiety or awkwardness, only I have a severe tendency to shove my feet up my mouth by saying some weird shit.
>>
File: BERNIE.jpg (112KB, 1274x718px) Image search: [Google]
BERNIE.jpg
112KB, 1274x718px
I think I am a genius unironically and probably haven't met a smarter person than me yet. I am a socially adjusted person and not a schizophrenic. I have good reason to think so as well, from a good and quick grasp and understanding of a wide range of topics to the fact that I come up with often original theories and thoughts/breakthroughs. I have been considered a genius by multiple different people in my life as well ever since I am very young.

That doesn't mean I can do anything I want or that I am good at everything. I don't read many books nor do I have a good grasp or language and I cannot take care of myself very well nor do I have the motivation to use my "talent" for either capital accumulation or uh anything else that could be called productive. I mostly play games lately.
>>
>>35409574
If you are a "genius", then stop wasting your time on 4chan and vidya. Do something productive...
I mean, why wasting a potential on mindless entertainment that adds no value to your life, when you can both have fun AND learn things?
>>
>>35409690
I don't really feel like I am wasting my time on here, I learn a lot of things and I like giving people advice, it helps me too because I rethink my ideas when I try to explain them to other people. I like chans a lot because I can be exaggerating/flanderising or as edgy as possible without repercussions and judging by the reaction I get an idea of how insightful what I said really was and fine-tune it.

As for learning sometimes I really want to know understand something and I obsess about it for a while, but when I'm not like that I have a hard time forcing myself to learn
>>
>>35404538
No, but I'm a believer that if you truly are smart you do something with your life. To be a "genius" but say suckle on mommy and daddy's teats well into your 20s isn't a sign of intelligence so much as fear and stupidity.
>>
>>35409690
not that guy, but have to say purely as a source of witty entertainment, 4chan is a great place for any smart person

they say it's dead and we've got nothing left, although that's not entirely true. we'll be dead for sure when the level of discourse and clever banter degrades to something as low as reddit or facebook, for example. but we're good for now.
>>
>>35409801
Can relate to that.
>>35409872
True, some threads are nice, but most nowadays are shitty "mfw no gf/bf/trap" and it's really annoying. Adds nothing of interest and each one is redundant to the other.
>>
>>35404538
No i'm retarded. Like, literally. But not retarded enough to not realize it sadly.
>>
>>35404538
nope. i've just been a good test taker, but that's about it. occasionally a normie student would say i'm smart due to the high grades, but i always tell them i'm really not.

it's like i'm a dog. i can be trained to do some repetitive tasks, but the information being taught and bigger picture from it mean nothing to me. it doesn't take long for me to forget things like basic algebra and simple formulas either.

my lack of intellect really shows when a hands-on project is given, or when a problem asks me to show all work and i often have 0 idea where to even begin. i'd guess my iq is in the 85-90 range.
>>
your intelligence makes you an outcast and cursed to be forever unhappy. dull yourself with drugs and alcohol if you don't want to kill yourself.
>>
>>35410948
Intelligence is a gift up to a point. I'd say 100-120 is the best spot in terms of IQ, any bigger and you are more likely to be an autistic redpilled suicidal fag.
>>
>>35411272
It's really a matter of attitude.
You can also have an IQ of 140 and live a happy life with the right mindset
>>
>>35404755
You were a valedictorian but got kicked out of school for having the impulse control of a nigger? I'm impressed.
>>
>>35404538
no. I'm pretty ignorant and I have no desire to learn about or participate in the world around me.
I'd rather be a hermit. I just want a quiet life where no one bothers me.
>>
smart enough to know i'm smarter than the average normie, but also dumber than most "smart" people.

protip: never tell your kids they're smart. they'll feel no need to improve.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.