[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Americans hate poor people?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Repulicare.png (670KB, 1718x873px) Image search: [Google]
Repulicare.png
670KB, 1718x873px
Do Americans hate poor people?
>>
>>35403379
Yes. Always remember that the American poor don't see themselves as poor, just as temporally embarrassed millionaires.
>>
>>35403379
>>35403379
No. Trump is just taking away welfare from lazy shits who don't deserve it
>>
>>35403379
Only if they stay poor.
>>
>>35403379
>Do Americans hate poor people?
just republicans

they want to manufacture a class divide so that people stay angry
>>
>>35403897
>Always remember that the American poor don't see themselves as poor, just as temporally embarrassed millionaires.
This has never been true, the real reason that people in america don't talk about the poor is because of the pull yourself up by your own bootstraps culture, no one thinks they're going to be a millionaire it's just that the old idea of if you get a job you'll be able to support a family that's been shoved down peoples throats forever when in reality most jobs in the US are shit and don't even pay enough for people to support themselves much less a family which leads to a situation where unless you get luck or are born into a situation where you already have money, you will always be poor.
>>
>>35403379
No, because 70% of them are living in poverty. The donor class hate poor people, and they are the ones who control the government and the policies the government implement reflect that rather strongly.
>>
>>35404002
Democrats and Republicans BOTH want to maintain this class divide. The Democrats are just as responsible because they're "on the side of the poor" while being complicit in redirecting wealth upwards
>>
>be eastern euro-poor
>unemployment in country is over 40%
>for people under 30 unemployment is over 50%
>cost of living has tripled in last 10 years, salaries have gone up 10%
>median salary is 350$
>cost of living for a single person is 500$
>cost of living for a family is 800$
and that just means you aren't homeless and can afford to eat a basic diet, forget about vacations or a hobby unless you make at least twice the median salary.

people would kill to work as a burger flipper or a dishwasher in the US.
>>
>>35404359

>Cost of living for a single person is 500$
My rent on a single room apartment is 700$ I wish my cost of living was that low.
>>
>>35404028
This isn't true. USA actually has pretty decent upward mobility. It's difficult to make into the upper class or elite class, but moving into the middle class is not that bad and within reach of many people.
>>
File: FedAidtoStates_hi-res.png (527KB, 2708x2420px) Image search: [Google]
FedAidtoStates_hi-res.png
527KB, 2708x2420px
>>35403379

It's actually the Republicans which do this sort of shit, yet funnily enough Republicans are also way, way more reliant on welfare. Really makes you tyhink
>>
>>35404590
What middle class? The middle class in the United States has almost entirely disappeared. Something absurd like, 70% of Americans are living pay cheque to pay cheque.
>>
>>35404674
>70% of Americans are living pay cheque to pay cheque.

What does this actually mean? Where are you getting your information? Why does living "paycheque to paycheque" mean you aren't in the middle class?

>paycheque
Euro who doesn't know what he's talking about spotted.

I hope we can agree that what is middle class can generally be defined based on income. Furthermore, it is relative depending on what area the subject tin question lives. We can say socioeconomic class is defined by earnings relative to the cost of living in an area and the earnings of other people around them.

For starters, you might want to consider reading this article to get a better idea of what the class break down is like in USA. It's hardly exhaustive, but it's something.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/11/are-you-in-the-american-middle-class/

The middle class HAS shrunk some. This is true. But it's a complicated topic.
>Our new analysis shows that the American middle class lost ground in the vast majority of metropolitan areas from 2000 to 2014, and the shares of adults in the lower- and upper-income ranks rose in most areas. There was more movement into the upper-income tier in about half the areas, while in the other half there was more movement downward.
>>
>>35404002
8 years of Obama resulted in the worst race relations, the most prevalent identity politics and the lowest levels of reported happiness in American history.
>>
>>35403379
Everyone hates the poor.
>>
>>35404461
>what is PPP
I doubt you would wish that if it meant that your salary was 800$/month. Only way to make use of this is to work in a rich nation and then sell all your shit and retire to somewhere poor.
>>
>>35404613
Blacks and standing-bear-huffing-lysol vote democrat
>>
File: 00047smug.jpg (110KB, 614x491px) Image search: [Google]
00047smug.jpg
110KB, 614x491px
>poor people
>taking advantage of tax credits
lol okay sure.
>>
File: USA_2000_black_density.png (135KB, 1130x716px) Image search: [Google]
USA_2000_black_density.png
135KB, 1130x716px
>>35404613
Blacks don't vote Republican though.
>>
Why should I like them?
>>
>>35404674
>cheque
Opinion immediately discarded Yugo. And that's their fault. Poor people are poor, by and large, because of their shitty choices in life. They have no one to blame but themselves most of the time.
>>
>>35406631
shows that you have some sense of humanity in your system.

any respectable individual would hope for the best for his countrymen
>>
>>35406631
youre going to need to prove you're well to do before i pull your opinion out of the garbage can
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.