[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >drinking soda >not drinking based water

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

File: glass_of_water.jpg (87KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
glass_of_water.jpg
87KB, 900x675px
>2017
>drinking soda
>not drinking based water
>>
>>35400129
right with you. it's not so nice at first if you're not used to it but it's very easy to get used to. it's about the only non-alcoholic drink I use apart from coffee and smoothies
>>
I still struggle with my die but the one thing I did right before being a fatty was imprinted into my brain was trade juice for water.
>>
>>35400129
I've managed to avoud soda in favor of flavored water for the most part. I only get soda when I'm out of water bottles and dont need to go to the grocery store.
>>
File: IMG_6709.jpg (315KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6709.jpg
315KB, 1536x2048px
>drinking anything but filtered water and jasmine green tea
>drinking alcohol
>not Dying To Your Problems
>>
>>35400664
>tea

Gross.

Tea, coffee, alcohol are all worthless drinks.
Pure water is tasteless
Soda is bad for you
Juice is the only good drink.
>>
>>35400705
The average juice has more sugar than pop desu.
>>
File: IMG_6537.jpg (134KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6537.jpg
134KB, 540x960px
>>35400705
>drinking juice
>he's never had good tea

you're still in the instant gratification phase which explains your "water is tasteless" complaint.
>>
>>35400735
Water is literally tasteless. Which is neither a good nor bad thing.

And there are only two types of tea in the south of the us. Sweet and unsweet. Both are gross. Teach me. How do I tea?
>>
>>35400735
This
You have to re-calibrate your body to enjoy water before it tastes good. I'd also recommend that most anons learn breathing exercises to Alkalize your blood and teach your body to properly absorb oxygen. Shallow breathing leads to a lot if issues including an excess of acids in your blood
>>
File: IMG_20170309_154505.jpg (56KB, 720x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170309_154505.jpg
56KB, 720x421px
>>35400129
>be me
>only drink rain water that I catch myself
>after I catch it I keep it safe
>doing this means I am protected from commie chemicals
>one time during summer it didn't rain for two months
>ended up running out of water
>still wouldn't drink tap water because this whole drought was obviously a communist plot
>drink my own piss instead
>do this for three days
>day four I pass out
>wake up in hospital
>doctor says I was dehydrated and nearly died
>doctor continues to speak commie propaganda
>mfw they put me on a drip
>mfw all that work to avoid commie chemicals for nothing
>>
>>35400129
are you implying there are people who don't drink water
>>
>>35400792
well no it isn't tasteless unless you're drinking distilled water without any Essential Minerals

and just buy high quality loose leaf tea off the internet dude; i'd point to something specific but i'm lazy

google around
>>
I honestly love drinking water. I haven't drank soda in ages and I feel great.
>>
>>35400828
Water literally has no taste.
L I T E R A L L Y

You can only taste impurities in water.

Its refreshing if you're dehydrated, but it still doesn't taste like anything.
>>
>>35400828
breathing exercises are the true robot's best friend, man.
>>
>>35400851
And thus I will never buy tea, because I'm not wasting money to try something I will probably dislike.
>>
>>35400863
Except nobody drinks de-mineralised water, water always has a taste you mong.
>>
>>35400863
Fresh air 'tastes' amazing when you haven't had it in a while. I'm not talking about literal taste; I'm talking about how your body begins to crave it instead of other things and thus 'tastes' good. Sry that you disagree
>>
>>35400877
lol okay then?
what do you expect anyone here to do for you if you're complacent and pessimistic
retard
>>
>>35400897
Some dumbshits actually do filter the stuff and it tastes bland
>>
>>35400933
What the fuck did you expect water to taste like? And bland is still a taste so way to contradict yourself.
>>
>>35400872
The clarity of mind and body is worth spending like 5 minuets breathing. Love the stuff
>>
>>35400952
You're right, that made litte sense. What I meant is I've tried filtered water at some rich guys house and it was extremely tasteless and I did not like it. I was just saying that some people do it, not that I do it.
>>
>>35400933
iirc household water filters are mostly for filtering out unhealthy elements, for the most part, minerals aren't.
H2O doesn't have any taste on its own, it sounds weird but once you try it you understand that.
>>
>>35400705
Every type of juice I look at has almost as much sugar as soda. That's why you don't feed babies juice until a certain age.

Coffee (black) and water are the best for you, and tea is fine. The key to enjoying water is having a gallon a day to stave off thirst and reach the recommended daily intake.
>>
>>35400830
I've been think of buying a filter
>>
>>35400929
I can't find a tea i will probably like cause every time i ask the only answer is "search for high quality" theres no explanation of what different teas taste like and no reccomendation of which one someone who hates bitter drinks would like. So I am left to assume all tea rastes like shit. That is my conclusion. Unless someone wants to prove otherwise.
>>
>>35401002
>Coffee (black) and water are the best for you, and tea is fine. The key to enjoying water is having a gallon a day to stave off thirst and reach the recommended daily intake.
Coffee can be pretty nasty if you take too much caffeine.
>>
>>35401002
Coffee is bitter, tea is bitter, water is tasteless.

Bitter is L I T E R A L L Y the taste of poison, and I'm incredibly sensitive to bitter tastes.

You will never find me drinking coffee that isn't 5% coffee and 95% sugar.
>>
>>35400830
>my local water supply contains trace amounts of arsenic, a cancerous chemical
>fluoride has been studied in academic papers to reduce testosterone levels over the long term
>women on the pill leaking xenoestrogens into the water supply
You are an absolute dumbass to drink unfiltered tap. Yes, bottled water is usually just tap, but even they filter it as well. An ~$80 investment basically removes the worry and makes it taste clearer. Add a pinch of salt and you're golden.
>>
File: IMG_6898.jpg (400KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6898.jpg
400KB, 1536x2048px
>>35401028
why not research yourself like everyone else
take some initiative you baby

>>35400961
yea you get it man. wim hof fan?
>>
File: weather-satellite.jpg (13KB, 219x314px) Image search: [Google]
weather-satellite.jpg
13KB, 219x314px
>>35400830
>implying the commies don't control the weather as well
that's where you fucked up lad
>>
>>35401069
This was my attempt at researching. Asking someone who knows.

Every attempt like this is ignored and I'm just told I'm wrong without evidence. You are making the claim that tea is worth anything. You could at least reccommend your favorite.
>>
>>35401028
If you can afford it buy multiple types and see what you like, even mixing is good. If you don't have the moneys find some place that give you samples or someone who drinks tea and will let you try.

If those don't work idk man, hard to taste something you don't have.
>>
>>35401035
You got to ween yourself off if you are at more than 3 cups at a time. But one in the morning feels golden when you get used to the taste.
>>
>>35401095
Not him but black, milk tea is pretty damn nice. Especially with ice.
>>
>>35401069
Hell yea man. Wim hof is like a modern day guru, guy seems to be in perfect balance.
>>
>>35401096
Like I said earlier in the south of the US, there are only two types of tea. And I'm not buying a bunch of random boxes when I will likely dislike a majority.

I just want someone to explain how different teas are different so I could at least target a certain type of tea.

>>35401126
How is milk tea different? Thank you for actually answering me.
>>
>>35401108
It's not just quantity, how strong you brew it and how much tolerance you have will also impact you.

>>35401151
>Like I said earlier in the south of the US, there are only two types of tea.
There should be at least one tea shop in your closest big city dude.
>>
File: IMG_6679.jpg (602KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6679.jpg
602KB, 1536x2048px
>>35401095
>consulting 4chan is your idea of research
>anedoctal evidence in general is your idea of research

what sort of stupidity am i dealing with here
dude you're hopeless, honestly i was totally inclined to at least let you in on personal favorites and whatnot but you're clearly dumb af

>>35401130
bless his soul, i'd love to meet him someday. been taking cold showers since august and the results are enough for me to tell everyone around me ya know lol
>>
>>35401151
Well I suck at explaining stuff like that so I wont waste your time but if you google it I'm sure you can find some write-ups about it. Really though it's about personal taste; what kind of drinks do you like? Any specific things you enjoy like bitter or sweet. Come up with things like that and add 'tea' to a google search and go from there I guess.

If you just read about all the different teas you can get an idea of them yourself and then make a decision that seems right. Or you could never do it and keep complaining on 4chan
>>
>>35400129

Still water is dull, I'd go with sparkling - at least it's refreshing
>>
File: IMG_0790.jpg (15KB, 149x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0790.jpg
15KB, 149x150px
>>35401195
>asking people who know about thing is not helpful
>especially when asking about incredibly subjective thing

Ok you're just a dick that wants to tell me im wrong.
>>
>>35401239
you said yourself that you've made multiple attempts at this sort of approach to no avail so it's your own fault
lol
>>
>>35401151
Milk tea is a flavoured joke
>>
>>35401195
About 2 weeks ago some guy ran a red light and broke my knee, femur, and fractured the crap out of my pelvis. Wim hofs method has been a godsend with pain management and according to the doctors I'm doing extraordinarily well. Even in the hospital they were amazed that I wasn't screaming and shit
>>
File: Eggplant.jpg (4KB, 173x144px) Image search: [Google]
Eggplant.jpg
4KB, 173x144px
>water is tasteless

This phrase triggers me so much, because it basically implies that you've drunk and eaten sweet flavoured shit your whole life that you can't get satisfaction out of the variety of bitter and sour foods that are probably much healthier.

Your taste buds are literally stunted and ruined.
>>
>>35401295
Sour is great. Bitter is awful. Bland is bland.
>>
>>35400705
The gubberment tap in NYC is the best fucking tasting water ever. Water definitely has a taste and if you can't detect it I feel sorry for you, but also jealous that you can live cheaply in places with farty/sulfuric tap water and not mind it.
>>
>>35401295
I was raised on good food and so many people like over-salted and bland crap. My mom is an amazing cook and never fed us that stuff.
My mom has a garden and fresh vegetables are like mini orgasms while stuff from the store is ok. Wish more people could eat healthy
>>
>>35401151
Mixture of tea and milk, served hot or (usually) cold. The black balls at the bottom are tapioca pearls and taste sort of sweet. You can omit the pearls at any place that serves it or if you try to make it yourself. The tea is usually called pearl/boba tea in shops or online.

It tastes sweet and made with sugar but it should help adjust to the flavor of tea. I also think it's too complex to make on a whim like coffee or regular tea. Nonetheless, you could try it and it is really popular with Asians for a reason.

As for what tea is good. Green the isn't as popular as you may think because of the earthy flavor, black tea is the most popular in the world, and earl grey I believe is some European blend of black tea and some other stuff.

I'm not a big tea person so take my information with a grain of salt, I prefer coffee.
>>
File: 1418521385675.jpg (193KB, 1280x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1418521385675.jpg
193KB, 1280x1220px
I drink a lot of water, but soda makes it so I'm less likely to snack on garbage or eat more than I should throughout the day

It's a shit choice, and I still drink a lot of water, but going through a soda per day has cut back on how much I eat by a solid 500 calories by suppressing my appetite
>>
I want teafags off my board

Get outta here with your hot piss water
>>
File: pearl-tea.jpg (38KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
pearl-tea.jpg
38KB, 500x352px
>>35401151
Forgot my picture of the milk tea
>>35401184
I usually have a dark roast so I never noticed any kick from the caffeine, but maybe that is just me.
>>
File: IMG_5924.jpg (560KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5924.jpg
560KB, 1536x2048px
>>35401408
>he can't Transcend uncomfortable taste

pussy! bitch! beta male!
>>
>>35401376
>>35401441
I've had kinds of boba tea before but they were basically milkshakes. I'm avoiding actual tea versions cause I don't know shit about tea. Still, thanks for the recommendation.
>>
I only drink sparkling water, regular water, black tea no sugar, beer and whiskey. Feels pretty good desu.
>>
>>35401599
That's understandable. I'm just mentioning milk tea because I didn't like tea at all until I had that. It's still not my favorite, but I appreciate it more now. Black milk tea (left one in my picture) is pretty tasty and black tea is also my favorite type, along with 95% of tea drinkers world wide. I'd recommend that as a first time tea.

If you make regular tea yourself, use loose leaves instead of tea bags. Tea bags were undrinkable for me last time I used them.
>>
>>35400129
but only white supremacists stay hydrated
>>
>>35401827
Alright I'll try milk tea next time I get a chance to get boba tea. Thanks you've been the most helpful tea drinker I've ever talked to.
>>
>>35401827
Is lose tea really better? I bought some premium nippon green tea at some anime con and it tasted worse than packed green tea from the supermarket imo. Somehow bitter and with a nasty aftertaste.
Can you give me some recommendations? I only drink chamomile, black and home grown peppermint tea right now.
>>
>>35400129
been drinking this and only this for years now
>>
>>35401922
No problem, learning to like black tea is probably the most important since it is so popular with societies that actually drink tea as a part of their culture. It's the closest you get to "pure" tea in my opinion. But at the end of the day, drink what you like.

>>35402003
My Chinese roommate always has loose leaf lying around and the first time I ever actually enjoyed tea was when he brewed some oolong(?) In a French press. Maybe it was Jasmine...

I can't give recommendations since my tea experience is from drinking other people's tea, coffee guy myself. I'm sure Reddit has some resources, they seem like the right type of people to get pretentious over hot water dripped over leaves. Anime cons I'd imagine wouldn't be the best place to try tea out, but if you have a source of tea you like go ahead and stick to it and experiment whenever you feel adventurous.

Honestly, I don't see what could go wrong with ordering some off amazon. It's easy to brew too. He keeps the loose leaves in a glass bottle, drops them into a mug with a metal filter inside then pours boiling water from an electric kettle inside and it makes the richest aroma I've ever smelled involving tea. He also uses clean, filtered water which is important in both tea and coffee.
>>
>>35400705
>>35401356
pure water has no taste and it's apparently really disgusting because of that. Drinking/tap water is yummy because of all the good nutrients like calcium and flouride.
>>
>>35402038
>Drinking bottled water

But that's bad for the environment, anon.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.