[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extreme empathy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: empathy.jpg (12KB, 162x312px) Image search: [Google]
empathy.jpg
12KB, 162x312px
I see a lot of edgy sperglords in here bragging about how they don't feel empathy, are sociopaths/pyscopaths and whatever the fuck makes them feel superior to the others, so lets discuss the other side of the coin, super empathy:

>seeing homeless/poor people and spend hours time thinking about how they're hungry/lonely/sad/dirty regardless if they deserve it or not
>see people working miserable repetitive soul-crushing jobs and picturing how they probably wish they were dead rather than being tiny meaningless cogs in a machine that will replace them the instant they break
>read about sad and horrifying stories of war/crimes and think of how the victims suffered immensely for long periods of time in agony without any hope for rescue or relief and the realization that their God does not care about them

This fucking drains my energy, how do I stop giving a fuck and live spook-free life?
>>
>>35399567
>This fucking drains my energy, how do I stop giving a fuck and live spook-free life?
Learn math or something. Play more video games. Focus on being efficient and taking in more information rather than dragging your feet and pondering every little insignificant thing. Your realizations aren't important. You think they're beautiful intuitions but you're so intellectually lazy that you basically let your emotions do your thinking for you.

Also, intelligence correlates with decreased empathy. So do things that make you smarter, not more of a pussy.
>>
Expand the empathy to animals, insects, even grass and trees. Might force you to reconsider the arbitrary nature of your feelings.

Then again...
>went on a walk 1 hour ago, in yuropoor country
>random foreigner asks me if I know where some place is
>genuinely try to help but dont know where it is
>on the way back, can't stop thinking i should have invited him to my home so i could drive him there

And I'm one of these /pol/ types who believe unqualified immigration will ruin the western world. Fuck empathy.
>>
>>35399642
Expand the empathy to women
they are the only one who are worthy of empathy

just kidding bro
>>
I used to have fuck all empathy but I managed to get it working via meditation, now I can flick it on and off literally like in The Vampire Diaries

you could probably do the reverse with meditation, learn to control your own mind and you'll be able to notice it happening and stop it before it comes to fruition or at least understand and handle it better
>>
>>35399642
>genuinely try to help but dont know where it is
You did what you could. The only thing you could have done better is have more information. You were just one node in a series of people/sources they're going to meet until they get where they're going. That's how they viewed you. Sacrificing your time and theirs just to drive them somewhere they're going to stay at for a few hours at most is a pointless waste.

But hey. I'm only being hard on you because I know how much it sucks to feel bad for people all the time.
>>
>confusing empathy with sympathy
Edgelords and psychopaths feel no sympathy, if you feel no empathy you're a literal autist incapable of understanding that people can have opinions that differ from your own. Empathy is understanding, sympathy is feeling as they feel.
>>
>>35399616
On what you've mentioned:
I have an average IQ of around 115-125 based on a couple of tests I've made recently, I play videogames frequently enough and whether its fighting of fps 8/10 times I win, I have an 94.5 grade so far into my 7th semester of international business degree, I've read over 50 books in the last 4 years from all sorts of genres, philosophy, classic literature, politics, psychology, astronomy, etc

I don't mean to brag with any of the latter just wanted to address your point on being smart and getting info, I just sometimes honestly wish I was dumb and ignorant, knowing too much and being overly aware of the all things happening and that have happened before fucks your head over time, at least it did for me

But I do know I'm stupid for letting little things affect me so much, that I can definitely agree
>>
>>35399745

I always thought sympathy was something you showed to someone else, not an internal thing to yourself.

I'd call the distinction you're making emotional empathy/cognitive empathy.
>>
>>35399567
it's easy to stop caring about people when you realize nobody cares about you
>>
>>35399745
>technicalities

I may have used the wrong term but you know exactly what I meant with the OP

>>35399705
Ironically enough, I think the same way you do about uncontrolled immigration, telling refugees to gtfo and the west going to shit, I just don't let those overly empathic thoughts actually affect my actions even though they jfly around my head all the time making it uncomfortable to be at peace with how I actually feel
>>
>>35399800
you can understand a person without agreeing with their position

feeling sympathy is just agreeing with their emotional state and wanting to lend support, you can have perfect empathy for someone but feel nothing but disdain
>>
>>35399616
>High IQ correlates with low empathy
Citation needed.
>>
>>35399777
Well, see, that's good. You possess emotional and intellectual qualities in about equal amounts. And you know that your capacity to know/feel are so great that you have a hard time turning one or the other off. I guess it's a matter of experience, in that case. You may learn to save yourself the trouble by rationalizing things, so that you can free up some energy for being more productive. If you prefer not to give up emotional thinking to that effect, though, you should probably try getting it out in writing. And I wouldn't be surprised if you're something of a writer, already.
>>
>>35399871
>I may have used the wrong term but you know exactly what I meant with the OP
yeah but it's good form to not confuse the terms, because doing so eventually leads to the general assumption that you must feel sympathy for someone that you can empathize with and that if you don't you can't feel empathy and must be some sort of retarded autistic monster
>>
>>35399879

maybe the wanting to help is the sympathy part, you can feel bad when someone else feels bad but not want to help and just find it annoying and want them to stop talking about their problems and distracting you because you're a dickhead
>>
File: 1488534989756.png (198KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
1488534989756.png
198KB, 917x871px
>>35399879
>You can have perfect empathy for someone but feel nothing but disdain

This a thousand times
>>
>>35399922
You're right, confusing terms is actually something I'm against, I've only slept like 10 hours so far since sunday so I'm not as eloquent as usual, btw nice full house of trips and dubs desu

>>35399892
I've actually considered writing before but never gone through with it, not as in a novel or anything, just to type down whatever is on my mind atm, might give it a shot if it will help me deal with this "suffering for others" thing I've dealt with since I was a kid, I'm still young enough (22) though and I know that part of this age is not finding peace of mind so I'm sure with age I'll get more wise and learn to direct my thoughts into being more productive
>>
>>35399567
I'm not one for empathy and you acting like a twatwaffle at every sad part of the world won't make me just magically feel for others.
>>
>>35400145
>acting like a twawaffle at every sad part of the world
>implying

I don't act on it IRL, I just move on with my life while those thoughts fly around, its exhausting but I don't let it get in the way of my responsibilities and usually after some time I can suppress them, its the kind of thing that harasses you when you're on the bus or driving

Also I'm not trying to bring people into this mess, you do you pal
>>
>>35400145
you're clearly a retard/sperg and i feel bad for you.
one day when you turn 20 maybe you'll realize that emotions and looking out for others IS a good thing.
you dumb fuck..
>>
>>35400236
does your mind constantly harass you based on your social standing/image?
or where you want to be/end up in life compared to where you are now?
i think we have similar mind sets and id like to ask more questions because i suffer the same.
i can see something, but then really look into it and see the life and story behind it.
as you said with the people and their lives, if i see someone in pain, i feel their pain, then my mind takes me to why theyre in pain, what happened to cause that pain, where did they grow up, how was their life up until now, etc.
>>
>>35400357
Oh yes, I know those feels too well, although I'm not a sissy because of it, more like overly analytical, a dumb recent example
>see this video about a glass bridge in china collapsing and how tens of people plummeted to their deaths
>the footage of cracked skulls and bloody bodies all over some sort of short river
>think "hoooly shit this is tragic, funny and ironic, how could they not see that coming?"
>then begin to see each individual corpse or agonizing person on the video and think of how they probably were not expecting to die that way, or the ones still alive with all their broken bones thinking back on what they did to deserve it, or their relatives getting the shocking news on how a touristic attraction malfunction ruined their family's lives for good, etc

Or randomly thinking things like: "at this very moment many nameless people are being held in a torture/sexual slavery ring without any hope"

Life is pain, we're just lucky enough not to experience it firsthand that often
>>
>>35399567
OP here btw, please do share your own stories/theories/greentexts/opinons, we can all help each other out or at least get try to get a better understanding of others
>>
File: 1470605528888.jpg (229KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
1470605528888.jpg
229KB, 500x705px
my bro. I was a lot like you, I guess I just got desentisized with time.

I always get a gut-wrenching feel when I read about rape or war crimes...
>>
>>35399567
>in high school, reading poem about a mother dog whose puppies were taken away and drowned
>it describes her eyes falling out from sadness
>remember being an edgelord and laughing about it
>remember that poem when seeing this thread
>cry like a baby
>>
>>35400677
You know those stories about freaks who kept girls/boys locked up in basements/dungeons for years while repeatedly raping them? keeping them around their own filth, psychologically abusing, I mean fuck imagine that was your reality as a victim for literal years, the world is indeed a fucked up place and a good cleanse is necessary every now and then.
>>
>>35399567
Im ashamed of this now, but this is literally how I felt back in elementary
>be in private school
>hear stories about ghosts and creepy shit around the place
>since I usually was picked up quite late (6-7pm) I got to hand out with guards often
>some of them were pretty cool
>always get this deep ache in my chest when I left school at sunset while thinking how those guards had to stay alone
>thought it was the worst shit ever, that they were scared and wanted to go home

With age I understood that people take jobs they think they can handle, but when I was little I just thought they were all victims of shitty circumstances, it affected me way more than it should've

also nowadays
>see lonely dirty skelly sad looking dog on the streets
>on top of that, its raining

FUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>35400605
did we have to suffer in life to get this form of insight? because I feel as though I did.
and after answering that question, is the past deserved for gaining the ability to see these things?
sometimes i just wish i could think like a normie.
>>
>>35400794
google it and read it thoroughly faggot, embrace the feels
>>
>>35400941
Most likely, for me it wasn't some hardcore traumatizing experience but my father did die while I was young and I always tried to compensate that by being more a helper rather than demanding shit, so empathy was always kind of my jam, ironically the more you try to be righteous and do things right the more life and people fuck you over, so as you grown you step that down and deal with those feels inside while trying to be functional.
I don't know about deserving it, but whatever our puny troubles are or were, at least we had/have it better than many others born in literal war-torn third world shitholes or truly bad circumstances like deformities, paraplegia, blindness, etc

>sometimes i just wish i could think like a normie
We all do on our darkest times anon, ignorance is indeed bliss
>>
>>35401118
see these are all facts.
ive had the same realization i dont have it bad at all, but still cant stop being so god damn jaded of how shit is going on.
atleast i have nothing wrong with me, except i guess mentally where i create my own problems.
ima make it outta this funk/mindset one day.
>>
>>35401200
We're all gonna make it brah, Godspeed
>>
>>35399567
>tfw can't watch tv shows because when someone is about to embarrass themselves I have to stop watching to avoid embarrassment by proxy
>>
>>35401561
This, its even worse for unscripted shows or some random videos online of people doing shit IRL, I have to pause, take a deep breath and mentally prepare myself for the upcoming cringefest, its pretty funny but not comfortable desu
>>
>>35399616
if I reply to this post will I get trips too?
>>
>>35399642
>Expand the empathy to animals, insects, even grass and trees. Might force you to reconsider the arbitrary nature of your feelings.
Too late. I accidentally stepped on a slug once and I felt like shit for weeks.
>>
>>35401858
I know that feel anon. I feel bad for killing even ants around the house.
>>
>>35399567
I think this generation is so depersonalized because the average role model is a noveau riche cretin.
Now since they all have the same aspirations and dreams with very small differences in between, they might feel like another brick in the wall perhaps, so they search for something to differentiate from the ones around, modern psychology did a good job on indexing every normal emotion people experience with a name most people cant pronounce.
So when you say you have a self diagnosed psychopathic alternate personality dissorder, because you want to shoot your classmates sometimes and holywood made it seem cool to be a serial killer,you feel better in your skin.
In reality it just transforms you into an asshole that nobody wants to be around.
>>
>>35399567
>I see a lot of edgy sperglords in here bragging about how they don't feel empathy, are sociopaths/pyscopaths and whatever the fuck makes them feel superior to the others,
it's because most of them are underage and try hards.
>>
>>35402067
I can't agree to that, most that act like this have always been and are just young kids. That said I do agree they pull this shit for the Special snowflake bullshit.
>>
>>35402067
I agree but for most people that phase is just transitional, its those who chose to stay within that frame of thinking of themselves as special for romanticizing mental disorders who deserve the rope
>>
>>35401858
>>35401981
I think you're both overdoing it, most if not all insects don't feel pain, its just like "whoops there goes my leg, imma gtfo before they crush me entirely" kind of response
>>
>>35399745
youve got that completely backwards, shithead.
>>
>>35403130
Actually, it's correct shithead.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.