[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3237.jpg (31KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3237.jpg
31KB, 447x456px
Guys I have a therapy appointment today. I forced myself to schedule one a month ago because I'm tired of being a NEET. But now that the time has finally come to go I'm FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.

Is therapy a meme? Should I just cancel?
>>
>>35399486
Therapy is totally a bullshit meme. Medications are the only thing that actually help, and that's only some of the time.

Get ready for some asshole to show you "therapy homework" and shit that will insult any self-respecting adult. Therapy is a quack field.
>>
>>35399486
CBT worked ok for me, don't think it's very common in USA though
>>
>>35399520
Maybe in burgerland. In Norway and other civilized societies, you need a 5-year education diploma to be a therapist, similar to being a doctor.
>>
Curious about this too. I've been feeling overwhelmed lately and have no one to talk to. Would it help to go to a therapist?
>>
>>35399486

Nope it's real , it takes a lot of work though .
>>
>>35399677
I suffer from major depression (severe), generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, agoraphobia, and PTSD (severe) and cognitive behavioral therapy honestly has helped me. Don't be afraid to change your therapist if you don't like one. I have seen a few meme-tier pigs but on the other hand I have been helped so much by a few others. I'm in therapy since 2006 and medication since 2007. Go for it if you need help anon. Just don't be afraid to change therapists if you want.
>>
>>35399629
About the same here in burgerland. You need a degree in psychology to become a therapist and having a master's is expected for a career.
>>
>>35399486
mine worked with psychoanalysis so I never had to do those memey homework they do with CBT.
>>
>>35399486

Hey friend JUST GO. You have to be willing to accept not only that you have flaws, but that you have to put in work to change them. Go in with an open mind and even if their suggestions may seem trivial, follow your therapist's advice.

If it doesn't work for you, don't be discouraged and consider seeing a different therapist. I bounced around a couple therapist before I met my current one. My sessions with him and the insight I've gained has allowed me to make really positive changes.

6 years ago I was on antidepressants, a mood stabilizer and I took anti-anxiety medication. My life now isn't perfect, but I make 60k+, I'm off all medication, and my bipolar disorder is managed. Feels good desu.

Good luck.
>>
>>35399486
Just got back from my first therapy sesh about an hour ago. AMA
>>
>>35402791
How bad does your ass hurt?
>>
>>35402791
I'm glad you went OP good job. As per all things health related it varies from person to person but therapy helped me a lot.
>>
>>35402791
did you cry at all?
>>
>>35403751
I'm not a grill so no
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.