[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psychopaths and you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

Myth:

Psychopaths feel no empathy.

Fact:
Psychopaths have a highly nuanced sense of empathy. They just use that information for malicious purposes.

Myth:

All psychopaths are violent.

Fact:
A lot of them have violent outbursts, but many are able to hide this or use other means to torment their victims.

Myth:

Psychopaths are rare.

Fact:

Psychopaths are so common you probably know at least one.
>>
you're probably thinking of sociopaths. not many sociopaths although you probably are one
>>
File: lobaczewski.jpg (221KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
lobaczewski.jpg
221KB, 960x686px
Myth:
Psychopaths are able to be cured.

Fact:
There is no cure for psychopaths.

Myth:
Non-violent psychopaths are not a threat to you.

Fact:
They are just as capable of making your life a living hell.

Myth:
Psychopaths are often diagnosed.

Fact:
Most non-violent psychopaths are not identified or diagnosed.
>>
I'm just sick of whatever "path" I am, or on.
>>
File: dr robert hare.jpg (41KB, 564x420px) Image search: [Google]
dr robert hare.jpg
41KB, 564x420px
Myth:
Psychopaths don't affect me because I don't spend time with them.

Fact:
Psychopaths are running and controlling many businesses, they are decision makers in government, they are in positions of power all across the world.
>>
>>35398807
>>35398759
Go back to wikipedia and read the part where it says psychopaths =/= sociopaths
Psychopaths are true robots who see love and happiness all around them and know they will never take part in it.
Psychopaths got mistreated as kids, because they just didn't understand human beings like the other kids did.
Intelligent psychopaths were able to figure out how to mimic genuine human behavior and have realized that people are machines, which makes them marvel at this beautiful creation of nature, but also feel contempt for them because they will never truly see themselves from an outside perspective.
>>
>>35398871
I'm getting a lot of conflicting information about psychopaths and sociopaths as either interchangable terms or two separate categories.

I think we can both agree they are both on the same spectrum.
>>
Fedora, the thread

originality
>>
File: V.jpg (361KB, 2000x1310px) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
361KB, 2000x1310px
>>35399255

whos the real pyshopath, me? the prisoners or your corrupt politicians perhaps?
>>
>>35399001

Two two terms don't mean anything anymore and everyone has their own definition, they're not medical terms, the proper term with someone with this pathology is Anti-Social Personality Disorder.
>>
File: 1_INTRO.jpg (46KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
1_INTRO.jpg
46KB, 660x350px
>>35399490

What's so social about looking yourself in a heavily fortified government building all day eating luxurious cheese and wines?
>>
>>35399001
Neither word is really used anymore, diagnoses is usually a sub type of ASPD.

Alot of autistic people think they have it but they really don't. It's not that ASPD can't figure out social cues or understand them, they do that just fine.
>>
>>35398871
W-what the fuck. Ive always thought I was just autistic. I can read peoples emotions very well and can spot emotional manipulation from a mile away. The emotions I observe I have learned to replicate semi authentically and I have relative social success. Its just that somewhere deep in my psyche I just cant accept that I am different. The emotions I see in people just never surfaces in myself. No matter how hard I look. Im also deeply altruistic and at the same time completely despise people. I see them as very predictable. Fuck my life should I just an hero?
>>
>>35398781

STOP RIGHT THERE

There is no difference between a sociopath and a psychopath there is ZERO distinction to be made between the two. Psychopathy is a cluster of emotionally malignant traits found in a person that express themselves in a wide variety of situations. Psychopathy can manifest itself in many different ways and no two psychopaths are the same. Psychopaths can be anyone from wall street CEOs to black thugs doing drive bys in the ghetto to creepy loners killing prostitutes in moms basement to angry edgy kids planning a shooting.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.