[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AntiDepressants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Has anyone here been to a doctor/psychiatrist and gotten antidepressants? What was it like and what state do you need to be in, in order get a prescription?
>>
>be suicidal and morbidly depressed into childhood years
>medication made things a shitton worse

depends on the doctor. there are some pill pushers and some will encourage you to go into therapy of some sort or make some life adjustments. medication is pretty shit and in a lot of cases the side effects can make you feel worse than you were before, but now you have the threat of discontinuation syndrome and such, weight gain, and other shit.

for a lot of doctors it will be the last resort, because they kinda help but they dont function unless the patient is willing to help themselves a bit.
>>
>>35391607
went to a psych last year, took them, they fucked me up, stopped taking them, got depressed, dropped out of college, got a job, quitting my job tomorrow due to depression.

1/10 would do again.
>>
>>35391718
How did they fuck you up?

From what I've heard people are meant to get more productive
>>
>>35391741
basically, once I started taking Zoloft I became apathetic towards everything around me, became politically liberal (whereas I had been conservative before) had trouble jerking off, had trouble reacting to new situations, and occasional dizziness.

Now that I've stopped taking them, Im politically conservative again. I'm also much more depressed and have an intense desire to commit suicide. Still, at least I can jerk off again.
>>
>>35391698
I remember being able to concentrate for hours on stuff 5 years ago but it's a struggle for me now not to sit around procrastinating for hours instead. I get massively anxious and it doesn't help that I'm going to uni, I feel like I should try them because I'm also trying to help myself and from all that I've heard it's the people that think the drug will cure them that fall behind, not the people who view the drug as a way to make it easier to get out of a depression themselves.

Are there any over-the-counter ways to help me help myself?
>>
File: cosmo.jpg (150KB, 729x1097px) Image search: [Google]
cosmo.jpg
150KB, 729x1097px
>>35391848
you need to meditate, take melatonin, eat healthier, and undo years of poor conditioning. Then you'l be fine, mentally ill anon.
>>
>>35391825
Wow that sucks, did you notice any improvement to concentration at all? any more energy?
>>
>>35391899
Already work out which helps me sometimes, also eat healthier which made a huge difference.

What's melatonin?
>>
>>35391932
helps you sleep.
>>
File: the worst thing possible.jpg (289KB, 1266x2191px) Image search: [Google]
the worst thing possible.jpg
289KB, 1266x2191px
>>35391910
i don't know. I can't remember. I do know that my energy now is at an all time low, and I can't concentrate on shit now. Oh well, it gets better anon, r-right?
>>
File: BkZ9v73.jpg (60KB, 625x938px) Image search: [Google]
BkZ9v73.jpg
60KB, 625x938px
>>35391948
Brb going to pick some up. Thanks for the help guys Here's a meme
>>
>>35391968
As long as I never fall back again like I did, Hope you get a better job
>>
>>35392002
thanks, but I probably won't.
>>
wow, this thread fell apart fast.
>>
>>35391825
That's pretty much what happened to me. Been off of them for almost 18 months now. Feel pretty good except for the occasional binge drinking, but that's because of anxiety not depression.
>>
>>35392260
which part happened to you?
>>
>>35392284
Got prescribed Zoloft and became apathetic and liberal. I lost a lot of friends around that time too, but that was probably because I would drink to excess and acted like a generally shitty person.
>>
>>35392284
Weird thing is I never had a problem with alcohol before I got on the Zoloft.
>>
>>35392339
oh shit, I thought I was the only one. I almost want to go back on the drug, and I would, but I really fucking hate being liberal. Why am I like this fellow anon?
>>
raise your testosterone levels. GOd tier antidepressant
>>
>>35391607
I had just turned 18 when I got on Zoloft. About a month or two after that, I had the confidence & was so horny that I just asked any girl I knew if they wanted to fuck, which was completely unlike me. The first time I got a "yes", I couldn't even get hard. About a week after that I stopped taking them.
>>
I think they helped me a lot (possibly a strong placebo but I don't care.) Only problem is now I want to get off them (new research shows that being on them for too long is not a good thing) and I'm having trouble doing that even when I do it slowly. Whenever I reduce the amount I take I start to feel anxious/depressive again, psych tells me it's just normal discontinuation symptoms and I'm 100% sure I've solved the crisis that caused the depression in the first place but I hate it. Managed to drop down to 3 quarters of my regular dose. Would only recommend ADs as last resort.
>>
>>35392383
I have no idea it was weird though. I was always pretty right leaning but after 6-12 months on the drugs I became a total libtard seemingly overnight.

One of friends who's a huge lefty even thought I was taking it too far. It definitely wasn't normal.
>>
>>35392417
Yeah it def lowered my sex drive too
>>
OP, most psychs are pretty willing to prescribe ADs. However, any given anti-depressant is only likely to help about 1/3 of the depressed population. There are fuck tons of anti-depressants out there, though. This is good, because it means there is most likely one that will make you feel better while not giving you horrible side effects. This is bad, because it can take literal years to find the right drug.

It took me six years of working consistently with my psychiatrist to find my "cocktail"- and it has completely changed my life. I'm not apathetic, and I'm definitely not happy all the time- but now, I can ~use coping skills~ or whatever and they actually work. You still have to put the effort in to improve your life- but the drugs make it possible to put in that effort.
>>
File: 1408664060197.png (4KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
1408664060197.png
4KB, 210x229px
>>35391607
That OP pic is an antidepressant for me.
>>
>>35391607
on prozac right now. Literally just go to a psychiatrist and tell them about it, and if you have any suicidal ideation you basically get thrown pills. I've been feeling better, contrary to a lot of the people in this thread. It definitely fucks with your concentration and "head-space", but at the same time i've had conversations with complete strangers; something i wouldn't have been able to do months before. Its no panacea, and if you feel like the effects it has on your state of mind don't equal the social benefits you feel definitely stop taking it, but they have been ok for me overall. Suicidal thoughts are more like wisps, compared to when i would be stuck in bed til 2pm thinking about wanting to die. In my case, it was worth it.
>>
>>35391607
Spoiler Alert: I want to masturbate on that woman's face
>>
>>35392089
every day, I have the urge to throw myself into a garbage compactor, that way I can be ground into garbage nothingness.
>>
Trying St. John's Wort because too scared to go to a doc and don't want muh gunz taken away. Day 9, will let you know how it goes.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.