[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skyrim

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (123KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1300x866px
I want to play skyrim but I don't know what to do because I beat the main storyline at like level 13
>>
>>35385979
Explore the world, collect all the shouts and dragon priest masks, buy all the houses in every city, become the leader of every guild, fight the ebony warrior, etc.
>>
File: image.png (946KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
946KB, 640x960px
>thx.jpg
>>
>>35386125
ugh that sounds like so much effort
>>
>>35385979
main storyline sucks desu
having to choose between Greybeards and Blades is fucking retarded and Alduin is way too easy to kill

Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Companions and Dawnguard questlines is where its at
>>
>>35386158
Lol he looks like a child and a child molester at the same time XD
>>
>>35385979
My dilema too. I want to play but i hate the melee combat and destro magic sucks. I sort of cheated by power leveling my conjuration and did the workaround to summon a full set of daedric now im bored.
>>
>>35386388
try archery

its fun abushing motherfuckers and shooting them in the face even though headshots don't actually give extra damage it looks cool

and if you join the Dawnguard you can get crossbows including ones that ignore 50% of armor and explosive bolts
>>
>>35386388
try to change from easy to legendary mode, it becomes a completly different game. this should do the trick, it becomes much more challenging, much much more.
>>
>>35386803
unless you get crazy game-breaking gear with alchemy enchanting and smithing

>sword with 1000 damage
>>
>>35385979
download a quest mod
>>
Well maybe you shouldn't have rushed the main story like a retard.
>>
>want to play ANY videogames
>Get bored after 10 minutes
>>
dont play the main quest, there's other shit too.
or get mods.
>>
>>35386803
I used to play on Legendary, but all it does it make the enemies have more hp.

I think downloading a combat realism mod works better. Only downside is I haven't found one that works on both magic and weapons.
>>
>>35386388
do a fudgemuppet build or follow their guide to playing a pure mage

get into the thalmor vs empire subplot and roleplay as a merciless killer of elves, choosing the stormcloak side of the civil war of course
>>
>>35387600
what are things that don't bore you?
>>
>>35385979
>rushing an open-world game
You deserved what you got.
>>
File: enhanced-30396-1455840762-1[1].jpg (60KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-30396-1455840762-1[1].jpg
60KB, 600x338px
>>35385979
I got you anon, just play The Witcher 3 and try a real game.
>>
>>35386193
If that sounds like effort, Skyrim might not be the game for you.

The whole point of the game for most fans is the ability to wander and explore and find cool stuff.
>>
Mods and then explore.
>>
>decide to become mage
>have ability to spawn two dremora lords at once
>suddenly no one can beat me

Game is too easy to break
>>
>>35388952
even playing a plain warrior without smithing is a breeze. With smithing it's coma-inducing on Adept difficulty
>>
Play Morrowind
>>
>tfw wanted to try playing a sneaky thief/assasin but after I finished Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines I just want to barrel into the dungeon and fuck people/draugrs up with my sword
>>
>>35387600
>THIS

the only game I actually enjoy is skyrim, oblivion (tesv much)

and half-life series.
>>
>>35389498
old school games are great when they hold a special place in your heart, but if you play the latest game first and then try the classics, you might not see the quality in it that nostalgic players do.

My first fallout game was Fallout NV, I loved it. Then I played Fallout 3 and I hated it, then I tried Fallout 2 and I thought it was good but I couldn't get into the mechanics and abandoned it 14 hours in
>>
>>35389498
I downloaded morrowind and used a combat mod, sound and graphics overhaul, and code patch, made it to balmora, joined up with fighters guild, did a few quests and i can safely say i think the game is a pile of stinking shit
>>
Download some mod quests, play through that goofy shit.
>>
>>35385979
I want to play skyrim but I need to relearn how to mod and then download a hundred mods.
>>
>>35389621
Most of the long time Fallout fans hated 3 anyway because of how it butchered the story anyway
>>
>>35385979
>I want to play Skyrim, but-
Mod it
>>
>>35389773
Definitely, the lore fuckups is only one of the reasons I didn't like it.

I still couldn't get into Fallout 2, which a lot of people think is one of the best RPGs ever made.
>>
>>35385979
I dont understand the autistic ES and skyrim love. I have tried to get into it but i cant stand bethesda faces and dialogue. The combat is fucking shit and clunky. I really had to struggle to get through fallout 4 because i like the setting by skyrim and es games are piles of pure shit. If you have to mod the game so heavily the game is utter shit desu.
>>
>>35389900
as a person who played skyrim 400 hours, I agree that it's a shitty and broken game with bad writing. I just like that it's huge and I like playing as a viking who kills high elf supremacists. It just keeps you distracted. Bethesda is a company that does quantity before quality, that's for sure
>>
There are some good quest mods. Also mods that let you rape people.
>>
>>35385979
I am on a long term playthrough to just complete every quest in the game. I have about 480 mods which make it a playable experience, and also adds a fuckton of other quests. Also on PC you can switch your character at any time using showracemenu, and I have a nice playerhome just north of Riverwood with loads of outfits and stuff so if I get bored of being a khajit stealth archer I can go to racemenu, get some new armour, get some new weapons, and play as an argonian stealth archer.

Anyway play it on PC with mods and it's a 100 times better.
>>
>>35386388
this. I followed some crafting youtube vid and now I have all the best gear and there really isn't any point in trying anymore.

Not to mention the fact that you can change difficulty(midgame) really ruins the game. Even if you couldn't change it midgame, it's still stupid.
>>
>thieves guild
>dark brotherhood
>companions
>mage's college
>Civil war
>dawnguard
>dragonborn
>building player homes in every city
>completing all the dungeons
>completing all the deadra questlines
>getting all the dragon shouts
>camping & hunting simulation mods (best with frostfall)
>mod questlines x1000

there's loads to do OP. Don't play it without mods. You spend about as much time modding as you do playing but it's worth it.
>>
>>35390092
this

Skyrim is just good enough to keep me playing, but I can't help but feel that it's half-baked. they should have spent more time on the story and way WAY more time on quality assurance. bugs everywhere. thank god for mods.

Bethseda is just missing that little extra that could make their games 10/10.
>>
>>35390522
I'm playing on console right now and I spent 20+ hours making a new sneak character just to get one achievement (the final thieves guild trophy), but then BAM broken questline with no fix.

It's not very immersive or fun, to say the least
>>
>>35390679
I feel like if I played it on console I would tear my hair out without the mods and console commands to fix broken quests and such

PC master race
>>
>>35390765
yeah, this is why I'm glad I can at least play Fallout NV on my old laptop
>>
>>35390782
I just hope Bethseda takes a long time to get TE:S 6 RIGHT. not just close but no cigar. especially bugs. broken quests that need to be fixed by a fan made unofficial patch are innexcusable.
>>
>>35390859
calling it now:
>It's gonna be on the same engine as Skyrim SE and Fallout 4
>It's gonna have the same rehashed quest based open world game design
>the combat is gonna be slightly revamped but similar in feel
>the setting will be new but the world will still have that bethesda feel to it, filled with one-line NPCs and awkward dialog
>They'll introduce a more in-depth crafting/inventory system which adds extra complexity to the game but ends up just being another time filler
>They'll claim it's next-gen graphics but it'll have low-res textures and too much bloom and godrays
>PC version will be broken at launch with bugs and will only be fixed by mods
>It will surpass skyrim and the default new bethesda waifu simulator
>>
who else hates the Thalmor?

I hope TES 6 is about the new war between the empire/free skyrim and the dominion.

but they'll probably just cop out and pull the LOL DRAGON BREAK, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED, HUNDREDS OF YEARS IN THE FUTURE

goddamnit I want to fight Thalmor!
>>
>>35391018
eh you're probably right

which is disappointing
why does Bethseda do this to us?
tease us by making a game that could have been perfect or close to it, but just says "eh fuck it its good enough release it we'll make money either way"
>>
>>35391049
yeah same here, I was way more interested in the whole civil war + thalmor subplot than the main story. I just wanted to be an anti-elf angel of death shouting thunderstorms and deadly blizzards onto pointy-eared bastards
>>
>>35385979
fuck playing the main story, if u have mods use the alternate start mod and make up a character and only do quests/actions that you think your character would actually do,
for instance if you were playing a monk type character do you think a monk would go around looting dead bodies scrounging for gold? fuck no. or you are playing a bandit type character would you actually help out random townsfolk for a reward? fuck no you would pick their pockets and run... etc, etc
so you get the point, skyrim can actually be a pretty good sandbox rpg if you stay away from the "action hero" elements (the main quest) and focus on making a believable character within the univers... thats how i like to play anyway
>>
>>35391120
If you've ever worked on long term projects you'll understand why, things just get left to the wayside and in the final push to the deadline they're just focused on making sure it's not broken and/or unfinished.

If anything the modding community is a huge reason why bethesda have done so well, because it adds so much extra missing content for free.

Let's be honest though, their games are still pretty good by all measures - i mean they're buggy and clunky and a bit repetetive at times but they are still fun. People have pretty high expectations of their games and that's why something that is still a fairly enjoyable experience gets shat on for not being the perfect expansive open world to explore (Fallout 4 comes to mind)
>>
>>35391192
I hate the main story because I'm supposed to be the fucking DRAGONBORN, with the mighty thuum that felled Alduin the World-Eater and all that, saved the world and all that shit, and NPCs still treat me like dirt.

especially the assholes in Markarth! corrupt selfish cannibal pricks. I try to RP a "good guy" but I just want to slaughter them all.
>>
>>35391322
Maybe not everyone knows you're the dragonborn
maybe the dragonborn is an ancient nord myth that most people don't really beleive in and if some muscly guy walks into their bar/blacksmith/city walls they'll treat him like anyone else

To be fair some nord npc's do act with awe and curiosity when you walk by. Most other races are less interested. It makes sense.
>>
>>35391246
I'm showing my age here, but I remember when games were finished and fully bug-tested BEFORE they got released.

now it's just "meh close enough, release it now, we have the internet now, we'll just make the consumer bug-test for us for free and fix it with patches later if we feel like it"
>>
File: 1488320243085.jpg (27KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1488320243085.jpg
27KB, 667x659px
>play a fuck ton of skyrim
>mod the hell out of it
>getting bored before i realize i want to put my talents to use and MAKE a mod
>decide on a follower mod since most are shit and i wanted an actual decent one that would emulate an actual living breathing companion rather than a blank faced walking storage container
>spend days learning the creation kit and the basic coding necessary to make the commands i wanted
>put at least a few hundred hours into writing lines and designing character
>fucking MODEL AND TEXTURE ALL THE CUSTOM ARMOR/WEAPON SHIT IN AUTODESK
>suddenly get word of "skyrim remastered"
>lose all interest in the game
>uninstalled creation kit and never looked back, was only maybe 60% done with the follower
>that lonely .esp file is still lying in wait, never to see the light of day

i seriously had over 6k FINISHED voicelines detailing location, player status, enemy status, player inventory, self inventory - his whole shtick was that he was extremely worldly and quasi-immortal from magic, so you could get advice and history from him on just about anything; i planned to have him be able to take goods from you and sell them while you did other things when stopped in a hold but i never got around to it, though i did manage to figure out how to set it up to where he could be told to travel and wait for you in various locations

ironically the voicing was easy, i already do voice acting and had the set up, and i drew one picture of him as just a cool conceptual thing, but other than that most of the other shit was a labor of love until bethesda dogged everybody by just releasing skyrim with mods
>>
>>35391391
I know that feel, I remember those days too. But the gaming industry is a lot bigger and games are no longer labors of love from a group of dedicated nerds. They're consumer products and are squeezed in terms of budget and deadlines accordingly.
>>
>>35391419
There's quite a few well-rounded followers out, they're not all blank storage containers

You should post some stuff though, your character sounds pretty good. So many of them were cringy or had terribly written english.
>>
>>35391580
ever since even Atari they were consumer products made to make money

the difference is back in the day they couldn't just do a patch to fix shit because they had to get it right the first time, or else they lost tons of money on having to manufacture new cartridges/discs to fix the problem.

the internet has made everyone lazy. especially game developers.
>>
File: Valar.png (635KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Valar.png
635KB, 600x800px
>>35391620

sadly pic related is the only remnant i have of all that wasted time, i purged my drive of the last 50 or so gigs of voicelines months ago, and i'm not saying im a j michael tatum or anything, but my shit was spot on for the personality type; haughty yet reserved, pensive, decisive, and overall a strong, regal figure

i just wish my drawing was on par with my voice acting, maybe when the next ES comes out i'll give it a shot and try again
>>
>>35391759
Looks pretty cool anon, shame you deleted the files, you should have just uploaded them to the nexus and let someone else finish it or something
>>
>>35391732
very true
not to mention the whole idea of an open beta has now become a standard part of the hype train, to the point where games go into beta, they get feedback on things to fix, then a month later the game releases in exactly the same state - as if a month is long enoguh to fix basic game balance or netcode problems anyway

looking at you ubisoft
>>
>>35391759
Would you have made him a hire-follower or just quest related? I was actually thinking of making a follower myself and I don't know which to pick.
>>
>>35391838
he was going to end up being quest bound - just after defeating the first dragon, though he would automatically leave you if you sided with the stormcloaks before beating alduin and would voice concerns with fighting in the war at all before beating alduin. his reasoning behind joining you is pretty much that he learned of the prophecy of the dragonborn a LONG time ago and was pretty much just waiting for you to come along and show yourself so he could aid you on your quest, in an archetypal sense he's definitely the "young hero's mentor" type

not gonna lie, he's sort've OP, but the whole point was that he was the perfect fit for a more cerebral, laid back, veteran player; just a character to bro it up with and learn things you may not have learned by your fifth or sixth time around skyrim
>>
>>35391817
and sure, games were simpler in terms of programming back then compared to now.

but you're telling me that bug-testing tech hasn't improved as well since then? bullshit. I'd wager the Q&A departments for those old games were way more heavily staffed. now they just rely on the consumer to subsidize them by sending in bug reports and fix them with patches. while still charging $60 plus for the game. and $100 plus for DLC, content that used to be included in the game!

damn I hate to be the grumpy old guys whos like "sonny back in mah day we walked to school uphill both ways" but fuck. you can't deny the game industry is getting into some real shitty buisness practices these days.
>>
>playing dragon age inquisition
>get mods to improve crafting as rng on mats is shit
>lack self control and buy end-game mats at level 10
>reaver with 300 damage sword at level 13. Fights need to be 4 levels higher then me before posing a challenge
>feelsbadser
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.