[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /hypochondriac/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0145.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
What disease do you think you have right now? How do you cope?

>tfw have spent $200 on doctors copays in a few weeks
>>
>>35384907
How can you acknowledge that you're a hypochondriac, but still not stop yourself from following thought with a doctors appointment?
>>
>>35384941
>how can you acknowledge you are an alcoholic, but still drink alcohol
>>
File: shootimg.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
shootimg.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
I know how you feel man
All I do is worry about my health

Last year I visited the doctor 140 times. Luckily we have free healthcare in my country.

Whenever i READ about a disease I become convinced I suffer it. For example last year, I read about a potential new strain of bird flu in some other country. I spent the next day at the park chasing birds, and wiping my nose on them so I could tell the doctor I had contact with wild birds and might have bird flu.

My doctor hates me so much. He once told me he wishes he could prescripe cyanide for me.

I don't care though. I always feel sick, I am sure I am getting sick. Right now your picture makes me back hurt I worry I may have some kind of acne.
>>
>>35385122
That's different. One's an addiction the other isn't.
>>
>>35384907
i fee sick right now
>>
Almost certain I have some kind of heart problem or something but I have the avoidant type of hypochondria so there's no way I'm going to get myself checked out. I'll probably just die in a few weeks.
>>
>>35385205
And, actually, speaking as a former hypochondriac, I can tell you that it IS a lot like an addiction. There's always this niggling little voice in the back of your head to go check out google for that little tingling sensation in the back of your head. It's the same niggling little voice that tells you to light up a cigarette.

Then you go type on google "tingling sensation in the back left side of your head."

And then you get 15 different sites telling you that you probably have MS, and then there's this horrific shot of pure adrenaline that stays with you for HOURS, and the thing just keeps feeding into itself. The adrenaline makes you hyper aware of everything "off" with your body, and then you look on google, then you get more adrenaline from that.

It's a pretty horrific cycle that I've been through many, many times.

For anyone wondering, the way to cure yourself is as follows:

-Stop drinking coffee
-Stop smoking cigarettes
-Exercise
-Do something meaningful to you.

It'll work. Just do it.
>>
>>35385608
I used to be you. Then a few months ago I actually felt like I was dying and went to the Emergency Room.
Now I go to the doctor for every little thing.

I've been to the doctor more times in 5 months than I did in 15 years.
>>
>>35385608
What symptoms are you having?
>>
>>35384907
In warm weather (like spring now) when working (lifting things), i get waves of pain over my body (mainly my torso). Its like needle pricks or stings, and i dont think its eczema (if i take a shower and lather mayself woth some lotion, it still happens, plus the pain pulses). Are my nerves oversensitive or what? Help r9k youre better than google
>>
>>35386268
I get palpitations sometimes.
Usually it's just a vague sense that something is wrong though, with nothing I could actually describe as a symptom. At most maybe a tingling feeling somewhere in my body, or dizziness, or the feeling that I'm breathing wrong or that my heartbeat is too weak or something. Hence I ascribe it to hypochondria but despite knowing this I still can't shake the feeling that there actually is something really wrong with me and I get really anxious about it which probably only exacerbates potential symptoms.
>>
>>35384907
I've been there. The best cure is not caring whether you live or die.
>>
>>35386472
yeah i just starting feeling pretty much what you just described except the dizziness is more intense
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>35384907
Ive got this new skin thing im panicing about. I hate going to the doctor, i do have medicare but my doc is such a pain and its in a ghetto area.

Pic related. I keep thinking its anything from herpes, to bedbugs, bites, mites, scabies, etc. freaks me out. I go deep on paranoia sites like they are alien worms. I hate it. I just took a shower and used 4 types of body wash, acne control, charcoal, tea tree, cerve for exczema.

Anyone know what this is? It comes occasionally. Starts as little circles of dry skin then it raised and gets itchy if i scratch the skin peels easily and theres little bloody holes in my pores then its just a rash.

It isnt exczema im pretty sure as i have exczema elsewhere and its different. Pls help.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35388473
Its also on my legs. Like bumps. Looks like bites. No bed bugs i check everyday and i started changing my sheets once a week. I keep thinking it might be alergy or anxiety induced too. My biggest fear is its something like OP pepe where theres a bunch of bugs or parasites burrowing out of my skin and jumping out.
>>
>>35388542
Pls help me

Originalio
>>
I have a weird stomach pain and I'm googling symptoms currently

>No doctor
>>
>>35387496
i like this guy's answer. just relax, dude. something is going to kill us all eventually anyways. go to regular screenings and if anything is absolutely torturing you check it out, but it is probably fine.
>>
>>35388473
>>35388542
>>35388771
Looks kind of like eczema, to me.
>>
My heart rate is pretty high resting (90-100) and my BP is very low (~100/70). I know that HR increases to compensate, but is this shortening my life span? Wearing out my heart muscle or something like that?

I hate drinking water so that's probably why desu.
>>
>scab that won't go away
>been there for months
>bleeds like fuck if i pick it
>google says its cancer
help
>>
>>35389020
You might be right. I have eczema in a few spots and it doesnt look same my patches are large and the skin looks different but this could be a different kind these are dots rather than large patches but the lifespan is the same. It will be dry blister and flare up then heal and subside then flare up again.
>>
I am 99.99% sure I have TMJ/TMD. My grandma had it, and my jaw pops and locks like a middle schooler.
>>
>>35389022

If heart problems don't scare you, kidney stones should. Not drinking enough water causes these little niggers to grow in your kidneys.
>>
>>35385191
lol is this bait
>>
File: burning fingers.png (514KB, 421x749px) Image search: [Google]
burning fingers.png
514KB, 421x749px
All the skin flaked off my fingertips.

How do I fix this?
>>
>>35389332
Glue it back on
>>
>>35384907
congrats you just triggered my trypophobia.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>35384907
Nah, not really. I only go to the doctor when it's something important. At the moment my knee is clicking every time I bend it but it doesn't hurt so I'm just ignoring it.
The closest I got was one time when I swam in nasty water with my contacts on and I started worrying about getting my eye infected and I started noticing a bunch of little things swimming around in my field of vision. I'm not talking about eye floaters, it was something different. I freaked the fuck out and went to the doctor and they found nothing. i eventually figured out that what I was seeing was white blood cells traveling through the veins in my retina. I've learned how to look at them pretty good when I want and it's almost comforting to be able to see your white blood cells at work. You can see it when you look at a light source like a computer screen or the sky. The blue sky works especially well.
>>
>>35389272
Yeah but they can kill those things with ultrasound now so you don't have to pass the huge ass ones.
>>
>>35389332
Try Bepanthen or a similar cream/paste with Dexpanthenolum, it's more of a wound cream but it would do wonders on your finger tips, the skin should be restored in like 1-2 weeks and it's cheap also
>>
I have OCD and it manifests in mysophobia (fear of germs)

I always feel like I need to wash germs off myself. I take 2-5 showers a day. I shower every time I take a shit. Can't help it. Wish I could.

My behavioral therapist, neuropsychologist, and psychiatrist say it's a reaction to PTSD. I had a friend explode all over me and ever since then I've always felt like I have some kind of disgusting filth all over me that I have to wash off, and I can't handle body fluids of any kind on me (including my own.) I have skin problems because of how often I shower.

It's sort of like hypochondria. I also had to have my gallbladder yanked so I have frequent diarrhea, which makes everything 100x worse.
>>
>>35388542
try putting a marker on one of the bumps like just put the tip of it on the bump and see how the marker paint reacts, if it spreads under your skin in little lines go see a doctor.
>>
File: 1488864354813.png (83KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1488864354813.png
83KB, 342x245px
>>35384907
Not a disease but my hearing has been deteriorating and I get random bouts of deafening ringing in my ears. What could this be?
>>
>>35391980
Could be something with your blood pressure, as always, go see a doctor.
>>
>>35391980
It's tinnitus. If you looked up "ringing in my ears" even once you would know that.

Stop listening to your fucking headphones so loudly.

I have it too, along with bilateral hearing loss. Fucking army.
>>
>>35384907
>self-diagnosed diabetic from 2013 - 2016
>recently had my diagnosis downgraded to dehydration by the doctor (computer)
>>
>>35391936
What would the marker mean? That there are bugs burrowing tunnels in and out of my skin like my fear?
>>
File: improved.png (170KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
improved.png
170KB, 800x600px
that picture's a disease
>>
I think I have scabies and testicle cancer. I also think I have lyme disease and whatever happens when you swallow toothpaste with fluoride. I think fluoride gives people brain damage. I think I don't get enough sleep. I think I might have whiplash. I think I have blood clots in my ass and leg.
>>
I also worry about the health of things around my house like my computer and car. I worry that my house will burn down or my shelves will fall over. I worry that bugs will eat all my books and clothes. Rats might get into my house. The dog could shit on the carpet again. The microwave is probably killing me. The oven is going to explode the stove is leaking gas
>>
Posting about this makes me feel bad. I think my hair is going to fall out. I'd like to forget about my life and how uncomfortable I am all the time
>>
>inner fungi infection
>degenerating retina
>brain cyst waiting to pop
>deep vein thrombosis leading to a heart attack or stroke
>one of my many moles turning into melanoma
>dying schizophrenic brain
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.