[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of anime for robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1487567199720.jpg (112KB, 782x1024px)
1487567199720.jpg
112KB, 782x1024px
help me understand, as a robot who has never watched it before
>>
There is no appeal, all anime is terrible, but if you grew up with it you can't abandon it altogether.
>>
>>35383472
a means of escapism
>>
>>35383472
Spergs are bad at reading facial expressions and body language. In anime it's exaggerated and standardized so it's easy to understand.
>>
>>35383472
Now that's a beautiful goddamn Pepe.

Maybe I finally understand abstract art.
>>
Watching real people on the screen makes me mad because the actors remind me of the people i hate
>>
I guess its cause it serves as an escape.

As a kid I watched Naruto and Dragon Ball Z dubbed and I didn't even know they were from Japan. I just kept watching anime in high school, it was and still is more enjoyable than live action.

I don't know, I just personally love the stories, the fights, the art styles, the comedy, the characters, the wild imagination of authors that can be brought to life with animation. Look at Death Note for example. None of the live action movies even come close to matching the masterpiece that is the anime. I guess robots have an appreciation for animation because of how much more entertainment can come from it.
>>
If I'm gonna watch cartoons they may as well be edgy. American cartoons are too politically correct.
>>
File: d4b8f6113fff8bc9438bc3fb3f6ab10c.jpg (275KB, 1280x1862px) Image search: [Google]
d4b8f6113fff8bc9438bc3fb3f6ab10c.jpg
275KB, 1280x1862px
>>35383472
cute girls
sqsADQADWAQFDA
>>
Waifus, feminism ruined 3dpd.
>>
>>35383472
Big ideas, fun characters, and simplistic emotions shot out of a fucking cannon.

That's what always appealed to me about it.
>>
>>35383472

Don't watch it OP. It's the japanese trying to turn us gay as revenge for the nukes.
>>
>>35383472

Anime is a reified audiovisual distillate of all qualities and concepts that are intrinsically appealing to human beings.
>>
File: 1484242785900.png (339KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484242785900.png
339KB, 1280x720px
>>35383606
>>35383712
>>35383830
Any good ones you'd recommend to a robot who is new to it? nothing too autistic :)
>>
>>35384392
>nothing too autistic :)
Fuck you, watch K-ON
>>
>>35384392
>nothing too autistic
lol what

Literally anything.

Watch "A Certain Magical Index," "Mitsudomoe," "Elfenlied," "Oriemo," "Great Teacher Onizuka," "School Days" I don't fucking know for fuck's sake something something's bound to sticks!!! Literally just look up /a/'s guide and watch whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>35384625

Don't watch Oreimo or Index.

School Days is a good choice.
Elfen Lied is fine for entry tier.

>>35384392
>Any good ones you'd recommend to a robot who is new to it?

Welcome to the NHK.
Death Note.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.