[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r-meg/- Robot Military Enlistment General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: 1488933355745.jpg (82KB, 406x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488933355745.jpg
82KB, 406x500px
/r-meg/- Robot Military Enlistment General

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
>>
>shipping off to basic training soon

What am I getting myself into robots
>>
>>35378116
Bump please halp pls
>>
>>35378116
which branch shitbag?
>>
>>35379217
Air force. I know it's supposed to be the easiest one but I'm still scared desu
>>
>havent even talked to a recruiter yet/stepped foot in a recruiter's office
>will probably have to get at least one waiver
>/k/ AND /r9k/ refuses to acknowledge any of my posts
>genuinely unemployable even for fucking walmart
>turning 25 at the end of the summer

well looks like its time to start spending what little money I have on putting together a suicide bag
>>
>>35379361
Hey I just acknowledged your post, what do you want to know?
>>
What am I supposed to say when I call a recruiter? I'm not good with phone calls
>>
>>35379400
Well do you know anything about what'd get me DQ'd at MEPS? I knew a guy/went to HS with a guy who got arrested for pot (after he was 18) but he was still able to enlist Navy as a helo mech.

Does it matter if any injuries you have on record happened before/after 18yrs old?

Your answers to these questions will affect other questions I have

>>35379448
also this
>>
>>35378116
>>35379128
Why is everyone ignoring me
>>
>>35379516
>Why is everyone ignoring me
Because these threads are a meme

They get posted on /r9k/, /k/, and /pol/, and then when you ask a genuine question people just say "dude read the sticky lol" or "idk brah lol just ask a recruiter"
>>
>>35379572
My recruiter is a Chad and he makes fun of me all the time with the other guys in his office.
>>
I want to be a Green Beret. What are the chances I'll survive three years in the Army to meet the requirements?
>>
>>35378116
Kyle Gott is a good source for knowing what your first steps will be in the Air Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4WfXuG9Z1Q
>>
>>35379480
Don't have drugs in your system, don't admit to anything at all, don't assume they have any info on you whatsoever.

Just be within regs, shut up, and shuffle through all the faggotry that will go down.
>>
>>35380045
>don't admit to anything at all, don't assume they have any info on you whatsoever.
But don't they tell you in boot that "you can get imprisoned for enlisting under false pretenses" or whatever
>>
>tfw diagnosed with ADD

I'm told you can get denied because of this?

Should I just lie to them?
>>
>>35379237
It'll be easy. Just research all you need to know beforehand to prepare yourself.
>>
>>35380125
Lie and lie. I went to rehab for heroin addiction and I'm in.
>>
>>35380066
Unless you are a fugitive from justice or some shit they will never ever know. There were actual ISIS/al-Qaida spies that were enlisted when I was in and I'm sure there still is, if an member of fucking ISIS can remain undiscovered for years do you really think the guys at MEPS will sniff out that you had asthma for a month when you were 12 or something?
>>
>>35380495
Yes, because you enlisted during Obama's presidency when they WANTED ISIS and Al-Q to infiltrate the armed services.
>>
>>35380533
No, it's because the guys in charge of vetting military applicants are under-paid overworked barely functioning alcoholics who are probably going through a messy divorce while they are signing you up to be a glorified janitor. They don't fucking care and won't do shit unless you open your cum receptacle and admit to them how much of a fucking faggot you are.
>>
File: 1482232842279.jpg (54KB, 634x591px) Image search: [Google]
1482232842279.jpg
54KB, 634x591px
>>35380786
>They don't fucking care and won't do shit unless you open your cum receptacle and admit to them how much of a fucking faggot you are.
I hear this meme regurgitated by you .mil/ex-.mil types all the time on /k/ and /r9k/

AND YET I also hear that one of the first things you get told when you finally go to boot is that "rah rah enlisting under false pretenses, rah rah leavenworth, rah rah you better have not lied to your recruiter"

and some of the stuff you want me to "shut my cum receptacle" about is probably on record (medical or otherwise)
>>
>>35380827
>AND YET I also hear that one of the first things you get told when you finally go to boot is that "rah rah enlisting under false pretenses, rah rah leavenworth, rah rah you better have not lied to your recruiter"

They say that to weed out the people stupid enough to join the army and travel across the country just to go "lol sorry Sgt I had a broken toe when I was eight guess I better head home lololol".
>>
>what they think of themselves
>what they actually are
>>
>>35380969
>They say that to weed out the people stupid enough to join the army and travel across the country just to go "lol sorry Sgt I had a broken toe when I was eight guess I better head home lololol".
I'm interested in doing Navy, actually. I wanna be a filthy POG, momma!

Regardless, I heard that it's easier to get waivers for shit if you score high on the ASVAB. And like I said, I knew a guy who enlisted (during Obama's presidency) as a helo mech even though he tore his ACL (before he was 18) and he got arrested for pot, and he got in the Navy.

I guess what I'm asking is:
>should I just lie or try my luck with getting waivers (if I need them)?
>>
>>35380066
If you make it to boot, they've already cleared you. They do one last "moment of truth" to try to strongarm you into admitting to some shit.

Here's a pro-tip. If you can do PT without dying, you're good to go. MEPS is looking to disqualify you for big shit and document/waiver little shit.

If it's little, don't even bother. You'll have to wait month(s) for a waiver to go through over some retarded shit that doesn't even matter.
>>
>>35381040
Is being on SNRIs for a year or two in my early 20's "little shit"? What about a broken finger that has like 90% mobility?
>>
>>35381011
What are you worried about exactly?

Taking antidepressants when you were sixteen?
A misdemeanor when you were younger?
A criminal charge (not conviction) or expunged record shit?
Childhood asthma?
A felony?
>>
>>35381091
>>Taking antidepressants when you were sixteen?
>A misdemeanor when you were younger?
>A criminal charge (not conviction) or expunged record shit?
All of the above, but I was like 18-20 when I took them (and when I got the misdemeanor), but they weren't traditional "antidepressants" in that they're also prescribed for nerve/back pain, and other stuff
>>
>>35381069
Yes it is little shit and they will never ever fucking know. HIPPA laws prevent the military from even investigating that shit in most cases.
>>
Fuck off shill. Hell, this shit is so blatant it shouldn't even be called shilling, this is an outright military recruitment ad.
>>
Check out the discord folks
>>
>>35381069
>SNRIs
You'd know more about this than me. What happens if you're off them? Are you on them currently?

I'd say if you have recently struggled with suicidal ideation, you should probably not go through with it.

If you won't kill yourself in boot or have a nervous breakdown, you're probably fine.

>broken finger
You're probably good. If it's a problem, they'll call it out at MEPS.

I'm pretty sure MEPS just has you open/close your fingers, hyperextend and make fists with your hands. If you can do that shit you're good.

Honestly, just go. Don't worry about it. I went to MEPS 3 times before I could swear in.
>>
>>35381132
>Fuck off shill. Hell, this shit is so blatant it shouldn't even be called shilling, this is an outright military recruitment ad.
Not OP, but this thread is a hell of a lot better for the board than the dozens of other /soc/ialist tourist threads, trap threads, and woman threads. Because we really need another

>"hey girls, whens the last time you got a compliment" thread
>"hey girls, whens the last time you cried" thread
>"femanon appreciation" thread
>"2017 not dating a boi explain yourself" thread
>"WHY ARE YOU NOT ON TINDER YET" thread

>>35381163
I can open and close my hands/make a fist, but my finger in question sticks out about 1/8" from my fist when I close it. That sounds little to you maybe, but its one of the things I'm worried about
>>
>>35381163
Why did you have to go 3 times
>>
>>35381121
They may or may not catch a misdemeanor that happened after 18 depending on what it is.

Btw were the meds you took called Tramadol or Ultram? Just curious.
>>
I have served in the beta uprising ranks. Will this experience help me when I join the U.S military?
>>
File: 1462502594011.jpg (9KB, 284x291px) Image search: [Google]
1462502594011.jpg
9KB, 284x291px
>>35381231
>They may or may not catch a misdemeanor that happened after 18 depending on what it is.
THIS IS WHY I ASK

I got "deferred probation" on a misdemeanor pot charge
Yet the guy I know who also got "deferred probation" on a misdemeanor pot charge was able to enlist and go to the Navy

>>35381231
No, but I wish they were.
>>
>>35381218
>BRAAAP threads
>Britfeel
>>
>>35381218
With the finger shit you should be fine. The physical they did (at least where I am) consisted of like 10 other dudes in our underwear lined up facing the doctor and doing as he demonstrated. He didn't really examine us closely during the physical portion.

The individual examination doesn't make you do any range of motion stuff. He gets you in his office, strips you and checks your cock, balls and asshole.

Also, if you have ANY kind of criminal history you absolutely need to tell your recruiter. One of the first documents your recruiter has you sign is a background search consent form, and they actually run it through. If you don't say anything and it comes back positive, it won't be good.

Bright side is, unless you have a felony they'll most likely let you in.

>>35381223
>why did you have to go 3 times?
Ear bullshit. The doctor couldn't see my eardrum because wax. Everything else was good but I couldn't swear in that day.

Went up like 2 weeks later for an ear cleaning and an ear exam. Went well, but the fucker who cleaned and examined my ears didn't bother sending MEPS documentation.

2 weeks later, I got sent up to swear in.
>>
ow i got kicked from the military discord ;~;
>>
>>35381484
come back, danny
>>
File: .png (115KB, 1441x1098px) Image search: [Google]
.png
115KB, 1441x1098px
>>35381497
i can't :c
>>
>>35381531
Whats your name on discord ill invite you
>>
>>35381565
The invite won't work because i'm most likely banned
you should ask an admin to unban me

Danny#4820
>>
>>35381385
>Also, if you have ANY kind of criminal history you absolutely need to tell your recruiter. One of the first documents your recruiter has you sign is a background search consent form, and they actually run it through. If you don't say anything and it comes back positive, it won't be good.
So how do I broach this topic with my recruiter (navy)?

Like I said, it was one of those "deferred probation" things, so supposedly it isn't supposed to show up on my record, but there's still a record of the arrest and my fingerprints are already in "the system".
>>
>>35381605
>Danny#4820
Just make a new account and join
>>
>>35381607
They'll ask you all that shit. The first few things my recruiter asked me after my name and where I lived were questions pertaining to drug use and criminal history.

Just be honest with him completely. His job is to get you in, even if it means riding the gray line so to speak. Even if you are under the impression that your "record is sealed", be honest about it.
>>
I'm scared I'll be an outcast even in the army
How do I avoid that
>>
>>35381712
>Just be honest with him completely. His job is to get you in, even if it means riding the gray line so to speak.
And yet what I read on /k/ (and sometimes /pol/) is the diametric opposite. Example: if he asks "so how many times have you smoked pot", I'd just say "a couple, less than 5" instead of saying "yeah brah Ive been smoking all day every day for the past 6 years"
>>
>>35381777
Oh I mean with regards to criminal history.

As long as you can piss clean, you've never done drugs. If you can do PT runs, you are healthy.
>>
>>35381918
Ok, so I should just tell him "yeah I got arrested once for a small amount of pot but it was a misdemeanor"?

As far as "PT runs"...that's just like 100% cardio? I'm still gonna keep on lifting because I'm sure they make you do pull-ups/push-ups at MEPS, but is it just mostly cardio based?
>>
>>35381941
Most PT in my experience is pretty endurance based. It's either straight up running or calisthenics.

Also just tell him everything in your criminal history. What you said sounds good.
>>
>>35381968
Well like I said, I'm kind of a weakling and I dont think I'd do very well in a "combat environment" so I'm being realistic and aiming to be a filthy 'ol POG in the Navy.

I'd assume I don't have to be too terribly fit, cardio-wise
>>
>robot military training

Oh can you please fuck off?

If you qualify for being in the military, you're not a robot.

They don't let the physically unfit, or the mentally unfit, join the military. It's a strictly normie organization.
>>
File: 1456509878765.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1456509878765.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>35376646
Isn't this usually a /k/ thread.
Why isn't there international options shown, I'm sure there are some international soldier bots here, you could make it at least NATO or for people from foreign countries who want to join the US Army.

also
>tfw Medic/cadett and everybody hates you just for because of it
>>
>>35382335
Yep, also if you're white____ then you definitely canNOT be a robot
>>
File: IMG_8491.jpg (67KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8491.jpg
67KB, 803x737px
>>35376646
>talked to NROTC cuz I wanted to be a muhreen
>all completely useless retards who essentially say to fuck off
>LT there clearly doesn't wanna be there

>dissuaded, go talk to AROTC
>extremely welcoming, show me a range of options and what to do, give me a t-shirt on the way out

Is the Army a better choice? I wanna be a tank officer desu
>>
>>35378116
Formal training, you know the ATTENTION! stuff, lotsa exercise, weapons training, marches, crawling through mud, and comeradery.
Also never bitch out, if the backpack seems to heavy just bear with it rather fall unconcious from exhaustion then give away your backpack. And never fake illnesses if a DI finds out he will find ways to buttfuck you infront of your comerades.
>>35379618
such is life as a subordinate and later superior. Everybody will always talk smack about you in someway, ignore it get a thick skin.
>>35379448
Hello I'd like to enlist/ join the army can we make a meeting where we can discuss such matter?
>>35380125
How should they know if you don't tell, I can't see on one eye but still has color in it, do you think they found out? I made it through the medical tests and they never asked again
>>
>>35382335
How about you stop projecting?

Military requirements aren't as harsh as you think. You can't be a lardass and you can't be a lunatic that belongs in an institution. That's basically what it boils down to.

Some robots want to improve themselves and introduce a little discipline in their lives.
>>
>>35382621
Im an APC driver, would recommend, way more fun than being a commander
>>
This might sound like kind of a lame question, but...

what's something I can do where I won't be a "pog" and I'll get to do some cool shit, but I won't be deployed/"in the field" all the time?
>>
>>35376646
Wtf is this shit? Do i need to read a fucking book in air force boot camp?
>>
File: 1488604008446.png (528KB, 750x559px) Image search: [Google]
1488604008446.png
528KB, 750x559px
FUCK
One of these days I'm gonna say fuck it and JUST DO IT
My life is shitty and going nowhere, what do I have to lose?
>>
>>35382850
>>35382850
>>35382850
>>35382850

pls notice me, senpaitchis
>>
File: 1488202526426.jpg (14KB, 480x567px) Image search: [Google]
1488202526426.jpg
14KB, 480x567px
I don't know if this is a silly question but do you still have time to relax, browse 4chan or whatever when you're in the military

I think I can handle the physical stuff but I need my alone time too. I'm not a go go go 24/7 kind of person desu
>>
So when the military randomly started shilling here a while back, you guys fully embraced it and now have a fucking general about robots in the military?

Jesus you fuckers are amateurs. Enjoy being bored out of your skull, there are no good wars to fight in this day and age. You'll probably see more action being right-wing in California.
>>
>>35383747
again, not OP, but why are you whining?

This thread is a drop in a sea of
>trap threads
>BRAAPPPPPP threads
>fembot threads
>more trap threads
>"hey guys fembot here" threads
>outright homosex threads
>drug threads
>roleplaying threads
>incest threads
>more incest threads

Also, us robots are perfect POG material. Some of us just want to put in 4 years then get out so you fucking normies will leave us the fuck alone
>>
>>35383713
Please anons I would like to know because I am close to joining
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.