[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general - too many deadlines edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

File: uni general.png (3KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
uni general.png
3KB, 374x400px
Post feels about your course, uni life, and the eternal tfwnogf
>>
>Dox old oneitis on multiple boards over past couple week s
>"""/b/ is not your personal army""", yeah right lol
>Gonna drop by video game club tomorrow and see how the slut is
Haha
>>
>fembot gf
>psychopath level clingy
>don't give her attention and she gets depressed, then flood her with love and kisses and cuddles and she is literally the happiest person on this planet, all because of me
>my dick is diamonds
Seriously guys, try it
>virgin
>used to camwhore but stopped because of me
>used to be on antidepressants but stopped because of me
>used to be neet but started college and got job because of me
>Had half shaved head and septum piecered but grew hair back out and got rid of septum because of me
Ugly duckling syndrome lads, she's a 9/10 on a bad day
>>
>>35376131
>eternal tfwnogf
>eternal
n-not anymore
>>
>>35376301
>>35376279
>>35376190
get OUT, normie filth, you don't belong here
>>
Just failed my second Biochem test in a row. I really need to stop procrastinating till the night before I never have the motivation to do a proper all nighter
>>
>>35376279
>she's a 9/10 on a bad day

I'm sure she is. fucking kek. Anyway, enjoy when she'll leave you for a better man, it won't take her too long. See ya!
>>
>>35376131
>only enlisted in local uni so my parents can get some free bucks from government
>just NEETing around at home, not doing anything
>don't even remember what I am studying
>all my friends from school are close to getting their first degree, talking about getting married, having children,etc.
money stops when I turn 25, guess I better start searching for something I want to study for real
>>
I can't take it anymore, I've failed miserably, and there's no way out. I need a good way to kill yourself if you don't have any money to buy stuff with.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>35376695
>hyperventilate yourself
>lack of Co2 will remove the pain that comes from not breathing
>put on a weighted vest
>hold your breath
>jump in a lake
>you'll pass out easily because of no Co2 which tells your body to breathe in
>you pass out
>you are unconscious and start sucking in water
>you'll stay unconscious and won't feel it

Thank me later
>>
File: 58222391_p0.jpg (507KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
58222391_p0.jpg
507KB, 706x1000px
Do i go to uni to take compsci or am I giving away my money whilst signing up to kill myself in 3 years?
What's the overall outcome for someone who isn't extremely intelligent but also not a full-time sperg?
Is my 60k better spent on something else?
I'm lost guys, I haven't looked at any other paths and I've heard not going to university these days makes you look intellectually disabled to employers.
>>
I have a project due in less than four hours.
My teammate did jack shit.
I want to fucking knock him out.

I think of Val every fucking day and it still hurts me. I haven't slept.
>>
>>35376916
Lul I might be your teammate. Get fukt norman
>>
>>35376695
It's me again. Is there any use of calling a suicide hotline?
>>
>>35376952
You're not, but I want you to know you're fucking scum, worthless, irresponsible, and if your teammate carries your ass, he's a fucking pussy.

No way I am letting that faggot have credit, he's fucked son.
>>
>>35376955
I don't know, there's one way to find out, though
>>
>>35377004
>do nothing in every group project
>always get an A

I love getting assigned group work. It's like being given free money. Now I know how the NEETs feel
>>
>>35376301
How does one acquire this gf you speak of
>>
>>35376859
I went to uni to do Comp Sci and I'm now in the last 2 months, I have a job that I start in July already set up for me, and I literally only need to scrape a pass to get good enough grades to get into the job, because my grades have been consistently very good. I am however very intelligent, when I started I knew literally nothing about computers, and like I said I have constantly got good grades, that said though I did shit in school through not trying. I think if you know you've got the brains and you're willing to work at it, then go for it. It seems to be a pretty safe bet to earn a fairly decent wage at a young age, I will immediately be earning more than all my friends that I didn't meet on the degree.
>>
>>35376859
If you like compsci, it's a good field. I have a barely-above average GPA and I'm going to be making about $8,000/mo at an internship this summer. If you don't like it, you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>35377227
>$80.00
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool get GUD retard
>>
Compsci is a meme degree.

Innovation in Compsci is the product of Physics (just applied Math basically) and Math majors.

Coding in Compsci is the product of pajeets.
>>
>>35376780
how do i thank you later if i wont even be around to do so?
>>
>>35377147
>>35377227
I've never done computer science or anything to do with coding, however i have completed a 2 year IT course. Do they teach you anything about programming, or are you expected to know how to program or figure it out yourself?
How much maths and science is the course dependant on?
>>
>>35377300
You will need to do a decent amount of maths. You will probably be taught programming but they go through it really quickly
>>
>>35376131
I can't make any friends. I've sat alone by myself at lunch every day for four semesters now. I'm so alone, and stressed. Anyone in NYC?
>>
>>35377147
>>35377227
Diff person but I am also in CS
I have failed many classes and barely have a 2.0 gpa
Its my 5th year and I still need 1 more year at minimum to graduate
I never had a job or internship
How fucked am i?
>>
>>35376131
How do I get a gf? I need to know for hypothetical reasons for my uh... Friend?
>>
>>35377300
The way my university did it was they expected you to know nothing. They did an intro-level course that started with different options of compilers/development tools to use, and "Hello World" on the first day in C++. The intro level class gave a really good introduction into programming and writing code yourself in the assignments. Then CS2 and on give more in-depth actual computer science topics to learn.

As far as math goes, pre-calc is required for the intro level class, and non-multivariable calculus is required for the major.
>>
>>35377335
>>35377387
I was thinking of changing to business IT since the first year is the same anyway but it's what I'm already used to.
The lack of choice at previous areas of education have forced me to work in IT support, gg.
Wouldn't an apprenticeship for some graphics company make more sense? Or even continuing part-time work since I'm still only 19 and living with mummy and daddy
>>
>>35377354
A 2.0 GPA is going to close a lot of job opportunities for you. Most companies I've talked to don't look at resumes with less than a 3.0 GPA, so I would recommend to not include it in your resume when you look for jobs.

Internship experience is not a requirement, but it helps. Out of college you can still apply for internships if you find trouble getting an entry-level position.

At least you're CS. The market really needs more CS majors, so you're less fucked than a 2.0 GPA in another major.
>>
>>35377300
I'm this guy >>35377147
and yeah pretty much what >>35377335 said, if you have any basis in programming I think you'll be alright cause for my course at least you don't need to do the most in depth programming to get half decent marks, and can make up for it in written reports and the maths modules. Every course will be different though, but yeah as long as you pick up maths fairly quick then you'll be alright
>>35377354
I don't know what the GPA thing is equivalent to, I'm from the UK, but if you're doing shitty you will probably always be able to swing a web dev job, they seem to be ten a penny right now. I never did any internships or anything and I'm going into a software engineer role. Get a webdev job, learn more relevant languages like C# and C++ and stuff while you work, and go out looking for jobs with a few years experience in a few years time.
>>
>>35377436
>Needs more CS Majors

that's why Math majors are so heavily demanded in Silicon Valley righto

CS majors stay cucked
>>
>>35377409
It depends what your goal is. If you want to develop software, a CS degree is going to help tons. If you want to do IT, CS knowledge isn't required. If you don't know linear algebra, differential equations, and multi-variable calculus, I don't think you can work with coding graphics.
>>
>>35377485
I'm more interested and experienced in graphics but working as a designer sounds like a pipe dream the way jobs are in the UK.
This is why I'm lost, do i risk 60k and attempt a programming course with no prior knowledge or keep looking for something more suited to my current skills.
>>
File: 1487408872914.png (112KB, 297x282px) Image search: [Google]
1487408872914.png
112KB, 297x282px
>be me
>be maths student
>graduate with a peice of paper that says I can basically do fancy counting
>apply to hundreds of companies
>get rejected
>realise this qualification doesn't help me get a job, as the companies are looking for people with a certain useful degree in that area
>My degree is as worthwhile as a women's studies degree
>get job working in supermarket
>pit degree to use by counting change.
>>
File: 1483901853995.jpg (15KB, 309x346px) Image search: [Google]
1483901853995.jpg
15KB, 309x346px
>be me
>be mathfag
>go to to shitty community college for 2 years
>bust my ass so that I can transfer somewhere good
>get accepted to Rutgers for next semester
>feelsgoodman.jog
>"we reserve the right to revoke your admission if we see a significant drop in GPA"
>tfw
If I fuck up now, I'll never live this down
>>
File: 1487052809235.jpg (77KB, 1000x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1487052809235.jpg
77KB, 1000x1144px
started my first week at uni on monday and ive done zero work, slept like 3 hours a night and spent all the time during lectures shitposting. theres no girls worth gfing in my course that are available to me and everyone there is a normie.

i fucking hate this shit i wish id just kept being a NEET
>>
>>35376190
I hate women as much as the next guy but you're just a fucking cunt dude. Off yourself normie.
>>
>tfw essay due in 5 hours in class today
>am like half done
who /crazy/ here?
>>
>>35377701
>>graduate with a peice of paper that says I can basically do fancy counting
>t. jealous rejected math applicant
>>
>>35376131
Went to talk to my professor this morning about some lasting questions I had for an exam tonight, pretty sure I'm still gonna fail and drop the class, but at least I tried right.
>>
>>35377787
How many words/pages is required?
>>
>>35376131
Failed really hard this semester, my grades were 4.0, 3.7, 1.7. Aside from the one course which was a huge joke I fucked up really bad.
I also haven't made any friends and barely know anyone, all I do between lectures is read books.

I am now on my semester break contemplating whether I should kill myself or try harder and if I dont kill myself which classes I should take.
>>
>>35376916
Who's Val?
>>
>>35377797
i think 1500? I'm at 1200 but that includes bibliography and title page

I have no idea what I'm writing either.
>>
I've alredy posted in several threads and nobody gave me a good answer.
I'm going to a concert tonight with people i don't know. What do to avoid being an awkward loser in a corner of the room. How to start a conversation, make friends? Please help only other robots can understand my feels.
>>
File: 1470122500057.gif (288KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1470122500057.gif
288KB, 447x415px
>>35376131
>uni removed quite floor of library
>took out all the cubicles
>made it a group/social study area
>have nowhere to sit/study on campus anymore
>>
File: spongebob_roast_session.jpg (89KB, 509x1111px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_roast_session.jpg
89KB, 509x1111px
>>35377865
>including your bibliography in the word count
put it in a separate document and paste that shit in at the end
>>
>>35377907
I should specify it's a concert organized by uni with all my classmates.
>>
8 page essay due before spring break in like 10 days. Still got some time but god damn it's stressful
>>
File: 1488489410962.jpg (80KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1488489410962.jpg
80KB, 692x577px
>>35377947
My shitty professor forgot when spring break is and gave us 8 pages to do in 6 days. I've written 2 so far but I don't even understand what the fucking essay is supposed to be over and he's not taking any questions on it.
>>
>4 group projects due this month
>all of them have to be presented to the rest of the course
>have to do a presentation of something related to my field of study in 2 weeks
I fucking hate this semester. I study engineering to design shit, not talk to people
>>
>>35378007
Don't you have to work in am autoshop or something
>>
I'm thinking about dropping out and getting an apprenticeship for an IT company. I don't know if it's worth it. I hate being poor and stuck here at uni for another 2 years tb.h.
>>
File: IMG_0845.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0845.png
137KB, 526x436px
I regret going to college. Contrary to my success in high school, I've been floundering around in college because of depression and some very shitty people. But here I am, paying something like 20k a year to attend Rutgers and skip most of my classes while feeling entirely alone. This was a mistake.
>>
>>35378134
>Rutgers
I'd be depressed too
>>
>>35378185
That's something that's actually eating at me, too. I went full retard when applying to colleges (7 of my 8 schools were either Ivy League or top 20 in the nation), so I feel like I got shafted and ended up at a worse place than I should be. It's totally my fault, but I'll be damned if I'm not bitter about it.
>>
>>35377907
Here's a few tips:

- don't arrive too early, standing around in a half-full room full of bored sober people is no fun
- speaking of sobriety, take a drink or two if you're not feeling confident enough to speak with anyone - just don't go overboard and rely on alcohol throughout the night, or you'll probably end up in a drunken mess on the floor/kicked out
- understand that the people around you are in a similar situation, put into a position whereby most people are unknown to them and there's no social taboo of talking to random strangers, starting conversations becomes a lot easier once you realise that there's no downside to doing so. If you don't like talking to a person, just find someone else, no big deal, they most likely won't even remember talking to you in the first place
- start off with some general ice breakers ("what do you study?" or "are you from around here?" are easy ones to use), the key factor of conversations is information: the more you know about someone, the easier it becomes to talk to them
- find a nice balance when talking to someone: constantly asking them questions makes it seem like an interrogation, whereas giving a lecture about yourself can become boring for listeners, this skill improves over time, as you're at a concert, get a nice flow going by discussing bands, favourite albums, any previous concerts that you (or them) have been to, it really isn't difficult
- be sure to set up a contact method with any friends that you do make via phone numbers or social media: the majority of people there will have a facebook/whatsapp/instagram account(s), even if you don't have the apps, you can always ask them for their contact details and download them later

I hope this helped, feel free to ask any more questions if you have them - I hold a deep knowledge of normie behaviour from analysing them over my college years.
>>
I was told it was easy to get laid in college
>>
>voluntary project
>get assigned to a group with a qtie
>don't want to participate in this project
>have absolutely no chance with the qtie
>still doing the project because of her
FUCK
>>
>>35378295
Only if you're a normal human bean
>>
File: 1486006185956.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1486006185956.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>35376131
Got a test next Wednesday that I'm cramming hard for this spring break. This week's my spring break, yeah. I was going back to school on Saturday and my gf was going to go back to school on Saturday too so we could spend time together (we don't get to see each other super often because of our really different majors) but my bitch mother is making me stay up here until Sunday. Fuck her. I really don't like spending more time in my parents' house than I have to. Thankfully they're both out working during the day so I get the place to myself and I don't really have to deal with them if I just say I'm studying or something like that.

I'm pretty worried about this test next Wednesday but I think I can pull something out of my ass hopefully. And by pull something out of my ass I mean study a lot for it, because it's not really a class you can do the former for. Academics are hard for this engineer.

At least I solved the tfw no gf conundrum. We've been together for a little over a month now and it seems to be a pretty happy relationship. She's a super qt and we've both never been in a relationship before so we're figuring things out. It feels great to have a girl to hold hands and cuddle up with though. Also having a girl who cares about you is pretty amazing. She very obviously wants me to take her virginity (which would do away with mine in the process) but I'm not sure I'm ready for that...
>>
File: 1486753276373.jpg (726KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1486753276373.jpg
726KB, 850x1280px
>>35377701
but /sci/ said math degrees get them 300k jobs anywhere they want :o
>>
>>35378274
Thanks bro, but i have this feeling they will think i'm weird to just walk up to random people and start talking with them. I mean, they will be there with their friends and i'm a total outsider.
>>
>>35377924
How busy is your campus?
I can usually find somewhere to sit that's unoccupied, stop being a sperg
>>
>working on a group project
>don't talk much to other group members
>they start treating me like a retard
kek
>>
>>35376131
Going to college was the worst mistake I ever made in my life.
The guilt I have from this decision and the time I have wasted will haunt me until I die.
I am trash.
Please kill me.
I wish I had just joined the airforce like I wanted.
>>
What universities are good for studying non-medical microbiology? I fetishize archaebacteria.
>>
>>35378134

Stop skipping class you fucking moron

Original
>>
>>35378352
I understood that feel a lot in my first year, it made me avoid new social situations when possible.

But after getting a job as a bartender, I saw every night that introducing yourself to new people is perfectly fine. If I can give you any advice to take away, it's that people won't judge you negatively if you start a conversation with them in a rational manner, even if they're in a group. It's something that everyone has done throughout their lives, way before university, it's just human nature.

Again, if you come across someone you don't like, just stop the conversation and move onto someone else, they won't remember you and you won't remember them, no big deal.
>>
>tfw no friends
>tfw don't really work
>tfw procrastinate all day

What am I even doing here?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mhjpaw85gB1qz4rgp.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mhjpaw85gB1qz4rgp.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
I have a deadline every week from now on for this and the next month help me.
>>
>>35378779
Get off /r9k/ and start your research anon, you can achieve anything when you put your mind it to it.

or y'know, just take drugs and induce an existential crisis, whichever one is easier for you to do
>>
File: 1476416356366.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476416356366.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>tfw fucked up final year
At least I can retake haha
>>
>>35377052
and this is why the group tells the teacher and copies her on every email or lack thereof
>>
>>35378736
Looks good on the Facebook profile I guess
>>
>>35378822
It's not research it's sort of manual work (games).
Non of the teachers actually teach, having to teach myself 7 softwares + visual scripting for game engine + having deadlines every week.
This shit isn't STEM but it SURE isn't fuckin fun either.
>>
>>35378779
I have a deadline every week until the end of the semester for a 30 page research proposal broken up into chunks
>>
File: 1440647324457.jpg (263KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440647324457.jpg
263KB, 1280x960px
How do I make friends? I'm a freshman and I have no one to talk to
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.