[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here goes/went to the psychologist? Does actually help or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: 14726711683730.jpg (276KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
14726711683730.jpg
276KB, 1536x2048px
Who here goes/went to the psychologist? Does actually help or is it just a meme?

Also how do I find a good one?

pic unrelated
>>
Psychologists or therapists are a massive meme. Only maybe good if you lack the intellect to understand yourself. Also they will often make you believe things even about yourself to suit their ideas of what you should be. Making women think they are all rape victims is one thing they do all the time.

People become depressed because they realize their lives are meaningless and all they have to focus on is their own failures and inadequacies.

If you just stop being sad and get angry about the people and ideas that are making you depressed, you wouldnt be depressed.
If you stopped wandering and fought those who are trying to make life as miserable as possible for white males then you would never be depressed again.

Its a philosophy thing, nihilism must be rejected in favor of rejectionist ideologies for you to be able to function and not just jump back and forth between acceptionism and nihilism and rejectionism.

You have to realize that the truth is worth fighting for and that only it will last forever and only by fighting for it will you become immortal.
>>
>>35375584
This is assuming you're just depressed, and don't really have a serious mental disorder like bipolar or schizophrenia or something like that.

They're a meme, don't bother. It's nice to be able to vent every once in awhile, but not really worth the money.

Now, if you think you need meds, it's worth going to a psychiatrist. I dunno how it works, as my parents wouldn't let me get meds when I was younger, and I can't afford it on my own, but you may or may not have to go to a psychologist at some point for that.
Again, I'm not really sure though. But if you don't need meds, don't waste your money man.

If there's something ACTUALLY wrong with you though, and you DO need meds, seek help. Though be warned, getting help is not easy if you are in the US and it can be hell at times. Fuck the US.
>>
File: 7530.jpg (220KB, 700x800px)
7530.jpg
220KB, 700x800px
>>35375849

I don't know what I have exactly to be honest. Maybe I do have some serious disorder or maybe I'm just a weak-minded faggot.

Whatever it is, it's seriously fucking up my life and making me unhappy to the point of constantly fantasizing about suicide
>>
>>35375584

No most psychologists are the most normie females you'll ever meet in your life. They're literally the staceys you guys hate so much and they will not understand your problems.

I know a guy who went to a psychologist and after telling her his problems her response was

>Lifes not for everybody

But if you're truly fucked go to a psychologist just to crush them under the weight of how fucked up you are. I feel like doing the same thing sometimes.
>>
>>35375584

its the biggest meme that exists trust me
>>
File: 1481883309658.jpg (115KB, 1508x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481883309658.jpg
115KB, 1508x1080px
>type "how to cope with chronic depression in google"
>first page of results is "take the depression test!"
>every one of the sites claim to help you until the "pay here" option comes up

its all a meme. people who are smarter without any of the issues you have would rather milk you for money then have compassion and help a chronically ill suicidal depressed person.
>>
>>35375994
Using the phrase "trust me" makes you seem so much less trustworthy, anon. It's a bad habit that you should get rid of.
>>
>>35375698
Or maybe, just maybe, there are good and bad ways to think about things.
>>
>>35375959
If you honestly and genuinely think something is wrong with you, look into seeing a psychiatrist to get diagnosed at the very least.

But if you live in America, keep in mind that nobody takes mental health seriously. Depression doesn't mean shit here. You can get anti-depressants, but it's not considered a disability.

If you feel like your gonna kill yourself, I suppose you could always just go get help. At that point, what do you have to lose? Never check yourself into a hospital or some shit like that though.
I've never been, but I hear nothing but horrible things about mental health wards. You can't leave until they let you out, either. And don't call the cops. Fucking pigs are useless.

In all seriousness, just try to better yourself on your own terms. It's difficult, but something I realized a long time ago is that the only person who can really help you is yourself. Nobody else really gives a shit, nobody is going to do it for you. I know that can be hard when you already don't want to live, but hey man, life fucking sucks sometimes.

Sometimes you just gotta nut up and do shit you don't really want to do, for your own sake, y'know?
>>
>>35376035

I put "trust me" because I am currently experiencing the meme and realize its all a meme waste of time and nothing changes, you faggot.
>>
>>35375584
My friend is a psychologist. She did a 2 year part time course to get there.

It's literally just someone to talk to and as she herself says the less the psychologist says the better. They're just a sounding board for you to work your own shit out and if you're ever way off track then they might put a word in but they're essentially not allowed to say too much.

Psychologists are an artifact of a lonely world. They really just stand in for what your mates should be for. If you've got no mates see a psychologist who'll listen see a psychologist.
>>
>>35376054
Let me amend this by saying that if you've already attempted, and fucking slit your wrists or took meds or some shit, and suddenly have second thought, THEN call the cops or go to a hospital.

Otherwise, it's just gonna cause you more trouble than it's really worth. Try to get help on your own terms, don't let them force you into it.
>>
File: 1412607614732.jpg (538KB, 2496x1560px) Image search: [Google]
1412607614732.jpg
538KB, 2496x1560px
>>35375584
why would hermione cut herself

i'm callin this a shoop you heard it here first
>>
>>35375698
You sound like Paul Joseph Watson
>>
I want to put my penis inside of this girl.
>>
>>35375584
i've been seeing a psychologist for more than a year now... it's a slow process but i think in the long run it's worth it. i feel like it helps you "digest" the shit that brings you down, don't expect a full recovery though, the sadness will still be present, but it's definitely more manageable.
>>
psychologist was meh. maybe i had a bad one but a licensed counselor was better and costed less. It's been said but I'll tell you again, it's mostly a platform to work trough your own thoughts. This platform is with training, education, and legal guidelines so it's better than just posting to strangers on the internet
>>
>>35376056
Saying that in the first post would have made "trust me" work. To everyone here you're just a post number with no context otherwise
>>
I've gone to one for social anxiety. It really helped me improve, because analyzing where the problems aare and then realizing with help what normies think, then putting what you were taught in practice really helps. I've gone from talking to no one nd quitting school to going back to it and got new friends on there.

Not completely over it though, it's also something you need to learn after going to the psychologist. From what I know you get the tools to let go of your problem.

Also, it's the 4th psychologist I had, and the 2nd good one. You really need to see if the dude/dudette fits wht you need since they work in different styles.
>>
File: C38lezKWAAAVGtt.jpg (127KB, 1139x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C38lezKWAAAVGtt.jpg
127KB, 1139x1200px
>>35375698
>>35376106
>YOU MUST GET RED PILLED, REJECT DUH MAYNE STREEM METEORR, REJECT DUHH NIHHILISUM, SECURE A FUTURE FOR DUH H'WITE RAYCE, CcUCK, THE PSYCHOLOGISTS ARE BRAINWASHING OURR GAY FROGSS INTO SJEW EFFEMINISTICS!!!! MEEME ME ME MEME MEME MEEEMEE!! PRAISEE KEEK PRAISE KEK FUCK THE PSYCHOLOGIST JEW, JEW JEW JEWS!!!
>>
File: 1431331855178.jpg (411KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1431331855178.jpg
411KB, 1680x1050px
>>35376189
you are acting like /pol/ and /r9k/ aren't the same board
>>
>>35375584
>Who here goes/went to the psychologist? Does actually help or is it just a meme?
It really does help, but it requires a lot of dedication. CBT, or Cognitive behavioral therapy, so far one of the only forms of therapy/psychology that's proven to work. And it works incredibly well. I've seen completely write-offs turn their lives around completely. It's hard work, and it takes months to start feeling better or seeing a difference, but it does get better. Look it up when you have the chance.
>>
>>35375584
They are a pure scam meme
Talking to some turd isnt going to solve the physical problems in your life that are making you sad
They only work for really low iq people that cant thinking about their problems themselves
>>
am psych

do counselling

psychologists operate off a model, and if you want a great example of that training go talk to like 5 new psychologists in a row and notice how they all say the same things. yes this does come up, yes this does upset patients who have tried different counsellors.

the counselling isn't going to do anything for you if you don't put anything in

if you intend to just sit there and expect magic to be casted on you then don't fucking bother, fuck off, it's a waste of both our times.

it's about addressing those underlying insecurities/feelings, casting logic at them, and developing strategies to overcome them.

it's give and take, you need to be willing to give a lot of yourself/make yourself vulnerable otherwise it's pointless.
>>
>>35376254
Enlighten me, what are the physical problems in my life which are holding me down Anon? I mean for being a depressed NEET slob I'm in pretty ok physical condition.
>>
>>35375584
She's a qt. Why did she cut herself?
>>
>>35376284
Neurotransmitter deficiencies.
>>
>>35376254
>They only work for really low iq people that cant thinking about their problems themselves
That's why in history and today many high IQ people have gone for counselling and praised it's effectiveness.
>>
>>35376284
when i said physical problems i mean problems that exist in the real world and not just problems in your head
dumb ass
>>
>>35375698
> they will often make you believe things even about yourself to suit their ideas of what you should be
This pretty much sums up the 15 years of life I've wasted going to them.

They're never interested in what YOU want to fix about yourself, they want to fix what THEY see as the problem which will "lead you to being who you want!"
>>
>>35376426

Right, and what did you want as opposed to what the psych wanted?
>>
File: 1487926373763.jpg (52KB, 543x332px) Image search: [Google]
1487926373763.jpg
52KB, 543x332px
>>35375584
Ok anon, i will tell you my experience.

First, yoy have to know that therapy is a manipulation, not in a machiavelic sense, it's self-improvement manipulation. So, the "true" psychologist (not the meme ones) aimsnto change the way you see things. If you are not an easily manipulated person, it won't help you.

Story time. I had 3 meetings with a psychologist. I talk to him, he tried to change my sight on things, but for the love of me it did jack shit for me and i tried to improve the way he said. It's not i was consciously and actively try to make his manipulation fail but rather my uncouscious was throwing away everything he was saying.
Also anon, most psychologist can't deal with robot's problems. Mine was a normie so he couldn't conceive what i as saying to him and i couldn't conceive what he was saying to me.

Tldr - if you are easily manipulated, go for it. Otherwise, just a loss of money and time. Don't expect him to understand you. Humans are wired to feel empathy only for their keens or close relations.
>>
What's your goys opinion on mental hospitals
I've been thinking non-stop about killing myself even going as far as making a plan with great detail and a date and everything
>>
>>35376254
>>35376407
Yeah of course it isn't going to cure ongoing physical problems which cause sadness in someone, but it can certainly help out people stuck in depressive thought processes.

And regarding IQ, yeah higher IQ people are likely going to be less receptive of it, but I don't doubt that it could generally help them by giving them atleast another perspective from somebody tried and trained in the field
>>
>>35376086
the same reason she takes photos of herself in skimpy outfits.

low self-esteem.
>>
>>35376667

IQ has nothing to do with it, any notion that it does is pure masturbation on their behalf.
>>
File: 1412609199528.jpg (264KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1412609199528.jpg
264KB, 800x533px
>>35376673
i mean if i took a photo of myself in that pose it would be disgusting, and i don't see a flaw in her picture

why would someone that looks like that have low self esteem?
>>
>>35376645
Just know the consequences of what happens if you check yourself in.

On one hand, they might help you. On the other, I haven't heard great things about it.

But if you're gonna kill yourself anyway, what do you have to lose? It's worth a shot, right?
>>
File: 1478870328034.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478870328034.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>35375584
>>35376645
Take vitamin D and fish oil.. placebo effect is off the chain... maybe get a sun lamp if you really need to feel the bern

If you are 16-23 and wondering why you feel like shit, it's because you're SUPPOSED to feel like shit! You are literally a maggot in life and your brain is swimming with hormones... you aren't old enough to have accomplished anything or done anything of value so your shit feeling is an accurate reflection of that. Get good at something, wait it out, whatever, definitely stop altering your brain with SSRIs and weed ... this is the reason why car insurance is so expensive for males until it drastically drops at age 25, because under 25 you're a crazy f99007 and there's no real way around it. Confession time I totalled two cars during this time in my life and did some serious damage to a few more cars because inside my head was Joy Division

Do not check yourself into a mental health hospital. I've heard more than a handful of kids doing this... it's like emo and cool I guess to have spent a night in a mental facility.. paint your face to look like The Joker instead... you'll be dehumanized and forced to take unknown meds. One kid I talked to even though he was fine, they made him stay a week for 'observation' and at the end they handed him a $20,000 hospital bill. Gov't healthcare FTW! Make it free. Don't make yourself a ward of the state under any circumstances... go to a church, go into the woods... "I dunno man, I'm so crazy I think I need to check myself in to a hospital" -- if you find yourself saying this you are BONED go play a video game instead... you will emerge worse than you went in LOL

don't take LSD, stupidest thing I've ever seen... good luck

pic attached is you.
>>
>>35376710
she is a woman. women are never happy no matter what.
>>
>>35376759
great advice.... thx ..

i love life now ... ;)
>>
OP you are shit if you are listening to these online trolls. GET OVER IT, it never works.
I tried that shit, i spent almost a year feeling like shit, destroying my relation and being a shit. One day, I had enough went to doc. Got some pills.
Took it for a six month and there was change on me.
>>
>>35376995
Also, weed didn't work. It used to give me temporary high. And when it came down I was back to being feeling like shit
>>
>>35375584
It's a normie meme.

Most of the time you are only receptive to it if you are easily manipulated and/or of low intelligence, so it only really makes any meaningful difference in the long run for normies.

If you decide to try, have fun being repeated pointless platitudes about how great life actually can be by somebody who just doesn't understand your core philosophy.
>>
>>35375584
IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
originale commente con quatro forgmaggi
>>
>>35375584
pretty much a meme, but if you can find one who understands you it can be tolerable
>>
>called my local clinic
>told some bitch how I feel, which was painful to do
>she said that professional will call me back
>4 months passed no call
>can't be bothered to call back because I already felt pathetic the first time
>>
>>35375584

I'm avoiding it because I don't want my guns taken away.
>>
>>35377686
If I had a gun I would have killed myself a long long time ago
>>
How do I get one to just throw benzos at me
>>
>>35375698
If you just stop being sad and get angry about the people and ideas that are making you depressed, you wouldnt be depressed.
This is exactly what I did, I ended up destroying all the furniture in my apartment with an ax. After that I was send to the psychologist.
>>
>>35375584
I went to one for the first time a few weeks ago, over social anxiety/suspected ADHD/insomnia. They let my mom come in with me. so if you can bring a family member you trust to support your case, that will help too.

They just ask you a bunch of questions, give you a form to fill out that's pretty much like those online tests (have you been suicidal before, are you on any medication, do you have trouble concrentating, etc)

I pretty much gave her a tl;dr of my life, why I was there, other useful bits of information that would help them diagnose you, like the results of any online tests you've taken, research you've done, symptoms you've noted, etc.

She put me on an SSRI and a sleep medication/sedative for anxiety,
>>
>>35378616

I'd be too embarrassed to go with any family members
>>
>>35375584
i would recommend it it's really helped me
dont see a women though they suck
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (78KB, 500x667px)
IMG_1567.jpg
78KB, 500x667px
>>35375584
Does anyone have experience with the Uni psych?

I kinda want to go but I always chicken out.
>>
>>35375584
what is the sauce on this gril??
the scratches suggest she might be sad but i know for a fact my semen would make her happy
>>
>>35379742
that picture made me really queasy ;\
>>
>>35375584
How would a psychologist even help?
>>
I went, didn't help. Looking back he was kind of shit though, he didn't ask the right questions
>>
>>35379585
Why? You're there to get help and support and having a family member or someone who loves and cares about you there is nice.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.