[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all those people who would laugh at me when they asked "what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1458252832102.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1458252832102.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>all those people who would laugh at me when they asked "what do you want to do when you grow up?" and I would always reply "nothing"

They never believed me.
They would always say something along the lines of "but anon, you have to do something! you have to find something that you enjoy and become someone! you can't just do nothing all day!"

Well, looks like I was right, look at me now at 25 years old, I won.
Who's laughing now?
>>
lol are u on disability? how do u people survive?
>>
>>35372975
>do something!
>become someone!

Probably the greatest normie lie ever told.

Getting a middle-class job and working until you retire/die doesn't make you "someone", you're still a cog. In 100 years, you never existed.

Think of the men who cured what were once some of the most debilitating diseases plaguing mankind. Most people don't even know their names. What hope does a replaceable part have?
>>
>>35373814
I am personally, people can get by if they live a meager lifestyle, their parents allow them, they have other ways to pay for stuff, a combination of these.
>>
>>35373949
The appeal isn't being someone, it's being happy and living with purpose.
>>
>>35373949
I sometimes think these posts are nihilistic and come from a misguided fool's attempt at philosophy, but then remind myself I'm on /r9k/ so everybody here with your mindset is literally just a NEET who's lazy
>>
>>35373949
To "become someone" doesn't mean become famous or legendary status
>>
File: 1472691420097.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1472691420097.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>35372975
Atta boy OPEE!

You sure showed them!

Living life on your own terms eh?
>>
>>35374247
Neck yourself normie scum.

REEE
>>
File: PBF037-Bear_Boy.gif (54KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
PBF037-Bear_Boy.gif
54KB, 900x300px
>>35372975
Doing things is overrated.
>>
>>35374212
That's gay as fuck though
>>
File: 1473171511695.jpg (205KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1473171511695.jpg
205KB, 1124x1024px
>>35374520

Sure it does. Who the fuck is some random nobody who lives a middling life and dies at 70?

If having your name go down in history, lasting hundreds or thousands of years after your death, isn't what it means to "be somebody" then the phrase is entirely fucking meaningless.
>>
>>35374104
Ah, you are a leech then?

I'm not envying you nor i'm lifting myself above yourself bc i have a job, im not aiming to be """"something""" either.
But I rest assured that in a lifetime where men who cant fend for themselves are left to rot and not kept on life support by the government or their parents.

You work your way to feed yourself or you perish, its that simple
>>
>>35374647
In my opinion, to "become someone" is opposed to becoming no one, become someone for yourself or the people around you, have your own personality and story that makes you distinct from anyone else.
Not that I agree with it, I think it's what makes the most sense in my personal view.

>>35374680
I don't consider myself a leech, a hypocrite maybe, being supported by your parents is OK in my book, they chose to have you and it was their responsibility to give you a proper upbringing, and they also got an interest to do that so that you may look after them when they are old.
>>
What do you spend your time doing though? Do you have any hobbies whatsoever or do you actually sit and stare at the wall all day? If you don't take advantage of your free time to improve your life then you're no better than a wagekek. They have restrictions on their free time, you have as much free time as you want but nothing else, no money, no socialization, no respect, nothing. You could use all that time you have to develop enough skills that you can get paid to stay at home, like freelance programming, music, or art. That way you still get to stay at home watching anime and fapping for most of the day, but you get paid like a regular job and by the end of it you have actually created something to be proud of instead of just wasting away.
>>
File: 1451238927352.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
1451238927352.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>>35372975
>>all those people who would laugh at me when they asked "what do you want to do when you grow up?" and I would always reply "nothing"
>They never believed me.
>They would always say something along the lines of "but anon, you have to do something! you have to find something that you enjoy and become someone! you can't just do nothing all day!"
>Well, looks like I was right, look at me now at 25 years old, I won.
>Who's laughing now?

same OP, we sure showed them
>>
>>35374899
as long as you give something back e.g. feeding the cows or keeping the house clean,
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.