[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: photo.png (64KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
64KB, 900x900px
What college do you go to and how does it affect your life? What about it makes it harder to make friends/find love/etc?

Pic relevant. I go to NYU.
>>
>>35371714
I have a deep hatred for NYU. My best friend got in and he totally changed. He's super PC and not the guy I once knew. He's dating some feminist cum-dumpster he met over there and forgot about me.

Ok I'm done REEEEEing about how my best friend is more successful than me
>>
>>35371841
An all too common story from NYUers. People end up militant leftists, the women are mostly sluts, the guys who aren't gay are rich chads or just complete loners. Your story doesn't surprise me.
>>
File: yAaFIuVyxVKVxlm-1600x900-noPad.jpg (19KB, 430x241px) Image search: [Google]
yAaFIuVyxVKVxlm-1600x900-noPad.jpg
19KB, 430x241px
NYU is the ultimate cuck school , annoying lefties , feminists , obnoxious staff and kike tuition no thanks
>>
>>35371907
Don't remind me. I have zero financial aid and I chose to come to this fucking place. I am paying well over that number you see there. WELL OVER it. And no, I can't afford it. And yes on top of it, I hate the community here and I have no friends.
>>
File: 1468382430812.gif (54KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468382430812.gif
54KB, 384x512px
>>35371907
I heard that NYU and columbia were two of the most expensive schools in the nation in terms of both tuition and room and board

Columbia I can see being worth it perhaps but NYU.. would it really be worth it to pay 70k a year for four years just to go to school in NYC? Any state school would be cheaper and probably around the same quality of education / prestige

unless you are going to the film school or something, does NYU have any other really well known programs, idk
>>
Went to college out of the area for a fresh start and meet new people. Just found out I'm still awkward and talk to people dang
>>
>bunch of quizzes this week then midterms next week
>literally going to fail all of them
just fuck my shit up
>>
>>35371945
>Don't remind me. I have zero financial aid and I chose to come to this fucking place. I am paying well over that number you see there. WELL OVER it. And no, I can't afford it. And yes on top of it, I hate the community here and I have no friends.

...why are you doing this?
you realize that's a really bad deal right
>>
>>35371952
No it is not worth it. The business school is also pretty prestigious, but am I in the film or business school? Nope. Getting a useless degree and bankrupting my family at the same time. For what? The NYC experience, having no friends and smoking weed alone and being depressed and hating myself.
>>
Currently NEET because im afraid of going to college/uni.

What are the similarities between post secondary and high school?
>>
>>35371714
I go to rhodes university in south africa. I'm a robot agrophobic hiki in a 3rd world country send help please.
>>
>>35371966
Sure I do. And I explored transferring to a state school, but what difference would it make? I do love living in the city. This is obviously a shitty way of looking at it, but my parents are putting me through school (unsuccessfully) so why not just stay here and make it work as best as I can?
>>
>>35371952
I dont know why but out of towners see NYU like its harvard or something.They can get away with the price gouging because of that notoriety.

NYU isnt worth it unless its a full ride
>>
I go to melbourne uni. everyone here is insanely good looking (except me) lol
>>
>>35372016
tfw I'm not even an out of towner. I chose to go here. I had credentials way above NYU and I willingly chose to go here, knowing I'd have no financial aid. I even got a huge scholarship from another school (not as good as NYU) and I turned it down.
>>
>>35371841
Similar deal, i knew a guy who made it in he was a humerous carefree guy,year later hes not even the same dude anymore.

Wtf are they doing there?is it a cult?
>>
>>35372043
Look into stonybrook man ,from what i see it's excellent and the tuition is not full jew there.

NYU seems like tye school you go once you have your career established andvwant to study more
>>
>>35372043
>I willingly chose to go here, knowing I'd have no financial aid

what's your major/gpa?
are your parents rich? Will you have debt after graduation?
>>
>>35372048
Most of it is very culty. There is no diversity of opinion, no freedom of expression. You're either politically involved and a radical leftist, or politically silent. That's how you see so many people end up becoming super PC and such. You won't survive unless you adopt a certain degree of it.
>>
Does NYU have an actual campus?

Or is it entirely just buildings around downtown NYC? Does it have an actual student space?
>>
>>35372088
PoliSci with a 3.5 ish GPA. My dad is super rich but does not contribute to tuition. My mother is not rich at all and is very financially irresponsible, and she pays for it all. If I could predict, I might have some debt, but she will probably face the brunt of it.
>>
>>35372122
Despite the rhetoric, it pretty much does have its own campus. All the academic buildings are centered around one area. Dorms can be more spread out, but everything happens in one place, so despite the bullshit "NYC is our campus" there is very much a campus with student spaces.
>>
>>35372149
How expensive is lunch and food?Been to NYC before i can imagine it being a nightmare for college students.I remember paying 8 bucks for a fucking chicken bagel
>>
is living in NYC cool or not though

I was waitlisted for Cooper Union, it would have been cool to go there... got a better deal elsewhere though so I wouldn't even if I was accepted
>>
your literelly a cuckold brainlet if u ever went to collage
>>
>>35372254
Uhhh if if if if if if if if if if

Okie doke
>>
I go to a community college... went from General Studies to Physical Therapy to Computer Science to Computer Maitenance to English Major to maybe History Major to maybe just a technical degree
it's a two year college, I've been here three years and only have one years worth of credit
I just want a job and to move out, fuck making over 40k
>>
>>35371714
Eastern Washington University.

>>35372003
Skip community college

I got financial aid so it's free
>>
>>35372251
I used to live there and hated it. It's a concrete jungle filled with 10 million people who don't give a single fuck about you.
>>
>>35372372
This

I was in that shithole the other day and got cursed at by some broad because i was in front of her in the stairs and decided to turn back.

I dont understand the unwarranted agression
>>
>>35371714
I go to NYU as well, love life non existent, have a few friends.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.