[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFW YWN be a lighthouse keeper

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>You will never watch a storm roll in from the comfort of an arm chair, while an iron stove warms the room and some hot cocoa.
>YWN be greatly respected by the community and achieve almost mystical status as a guardian on the seas.
>YWN plane a lifeboat hull while smoke curls from your briar pipe and the waves crash against the rocks below.
>YWN have a job where having no friends or relations is expected and rewarded.
>YWN have a job that provides ample free time to create art.

All the great solitary professions have been replaced by automation. Humans are now judged solely by their ability to interact with humans.
>>
>Humans are now judged solely by their ability to interact with humans.

Man i just realised thats pretty fucked up, where do the natural loners go now?
>>
>>35371304
To the abyss of death and depression
>>
>>35371304
A lucky few find jobs in academia if they are very smart, or programming and engineering. If you're a loner of average or below average intelligence you really are fucked. Being a loner that's not quantitatively skilled is also shitty, if you're intelligent but in a creative or visual way and not good at self promotion and personal branding you are basically doomed to melancholy.
>>
>>35371196
Sounds comfy as fuck OPEE.
>>
>>35371304
They work the night shift and phone post.
>>
>>35371402
Yeah, riding out a storm on the ocean, be it a lighthouse or a ship is a really cool experience, especially if you are comfortable with and not scared of the water.
>>
>>35371304
Here. They go here.
>>
>>35371486
That's the problem. R9K is a pretty fringe place, and that's where the loners end up now, at the fringes of society. There are no longer accepted professions for us now.
>>
>>35371448
Not many night shift jobs provide a livable wage, though.
>>
>>35371343
How would a job in academia be a loner job? Wouldn't you have to speak in front of uninterested college students?
>>
>>35371897
You can do a pretty shit job of it and as long as you're good at your area of study you'll keep on the tenure track. If you're sufficiently accomplished it's possible to end up as pure researcher, never leaving the lab/office/library that would be the loner endgame.
>>
your right i will never do any of these things not because of some automation but because i get sea sick
>>
>>35371838
I know that's right...
>>
>>35371938
Ah, I didn't know professors could end up as pure researchers. Kind of makes me wish I wasn't absolute shit in school.
>>
>>35371304
The ones that don't kill themselves end up on r9k.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.