[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autism diagnosis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: autism.jpg (563KB, 1600x1116px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
563KB, 1600x1116px
G-guys, I'm starting to think I might legitly have a mild form of autism. I wasn't diagnosed as a kid or anything, but I'm having some problems functioning in the workplace despite putting a lot of effort into it and by all objective measures I should be fairly normal at this point.

Does anyone here have experience in getting diagnosed as an adult? Should I just ask a psychologist I'm suspicious of having Asperger's? I know for sure I'm a fuck up, but it might seriously be due to mental illness.
>>
please? anyone have any experience?
>>
>>35367441
you probs have autism. Don't blame your fuck ups on autism. Your still you take control of your life and work everyday to improve yourself
>>
>>35367441

Most of this board has some form of disorder - lots of aspies. Just relax. A diagnosis doesn't change anything so just go with what you've got
>>
>>35367765
>Your still you take control of your life and work everyday to improve yourself
I did. I'm way better than I used to be, but I still got fired from my last job due to "attitude problems". This is despite me trying with all my strength to be nice and approachable. Apparently it didn't matter.

I know for sure this means either I'm a fuck up or mentally ill. I always assumed the former but now I'm starting to consider it might be the latter.
>>
>>35367441
Autism comes along with mental illnesses. You've probably got both. Maybe ask someone close to you if they think it's possible. They would know more than you if you were failing at holding interpersonal relationships. What would a diagnosis do for you?
>>
>>35367808
True this god damn where are all these real ones coming from

>>35367835
Just be the very best you can be
>>
>>35368717
>Just be the very best you can be
how does that help when my best apparently is not good enough?
>>
>>35367441
Asperger's isn't even listed in the DSM anymore, the psychiatric community wrote it off as a meme. So no, you shouldn't expect a diagnosis, and even if you had one, so what? Not like there's magic autism pills that'l cure you. If you think you're having a hard enough time that talking to someone about your problems would help then by all means go ahead, but psychiatrists/ologists can't fix your personality.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.