[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Concept of 4chan purists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: e61.png (117KB, 680x788px) Image search: [Google]
e61.png
117KB, 680x788px
A post on another thread on a different board really made me think today- Is there such a thing as a 4chan "purist?" That is, a type of anon that adheres to many of the opinions and personal aspects of what would be similar to an oldfag, and by that I mean someone who believes 4chan has a set of unwritten "rules" that are to be upheld at all times. What would these rules really be? Are most posters 4chan "purists" already, or has the general population of this website shifted away from what many would consider to be "the old ways."
What would these "old ways" even entail?
The culture of 4chan and its users in general is a very interesting topic to me, I invite other anons to share their thoughts.
>>
File: 1463174456363.jpg (29KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1463174456363.jpg
29KB, 500x393px
4chan is dead
it's time to move on
>>
>>35367395
I'm a purist, OG oldfag joined when the pools were closed
>>
>>35367395

Of course there are unwritten rules here

Most of you just don't know
Oldfags have 100000 ways to spot a newfag and when he exactly came here and from where
>>
There's a difference between observing rules and following the crowd. There are basic rules, such as lurking, properly saging, and ignoring trolls. Most people don't do that. They think liking what's popular or hating what's popular is being a "true" poster.
>>
>>35367477
please dont say fag its offensive
>>
Be sure to thank Reddit and Tumblr. As I will tell anyone, the original userbase has moved on to "boutique" chans. Blame shitty community management.
>>
>>35367469
>OG
>tfw will never desu that one doll in the
>>
There should only be one rule; no tripfags.
>>
>>35367395
There is 4chan etiquette, such as staying anonymous and green texting only in certain ways.

Most of us expect others who use the site to know this etiquette. That is all.
>>
>>35367491
this

the difference between an oldfag and a newfag is that an oldfag would never call himself an oldfag while people who think they can 'adopt' 4chan culture will continually try to pretend they were always here
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 640x480px
The truly patrician 4Channers know exactly how to bait their fellow Channers and do so intentionally because they find it funny.
>>
>>35367887
t. redditor

onigiri
>>
>>35367395
I'm a relative newfag, I've only been here since the Fall of '15. Of course I knee about 4chan long before that but I never started posting until then. But now I feel like I've completely assimilated into this place and hold disdain for those who don't 'respect' the culture here. Also since most posters are around my age (21) anyway, I don't feel that out of place.
>>
File: 0091 - gu0XYfy.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
0091 - gu0XYfy.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
Absolutely.
I've been here for quite some time, and there's several personal rules or what you would probably consider to be "the old ways" that I observe and will observe forever:
>Never speak about 4chan outside of 4chan- not on other places online, not to other people and especially not in real life
>Never browse4chan or look at 4chan related things in public or around other people
>Never, EVER tripfag, namefag, avatarfag or otherwise call attention to yourself or create a distinction other than being anonymous
>If you crossboard, keep the respective culture and shitposting of one board out of any other board
>4chan is NYPA

You can call me a faggot for having a totally "muh sekrit club" mindset, but deep down, if you've been here long enough, I think many anons including myself feel that way. This place is ours, and seeing it get flooded with what are called nowadays "normies" is kind of disheartening.
The Best way I've ever heard 4chan described is, "Those who belong, find their way, and those who belong, stay." If you're meant to be here, you will find your way here naturally.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.