[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to do a road trip but i have no one to go with so i'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: 136436718181.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
136436718181.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
i want to do a road trip but i have no one to go with so i'm gonna go by myself.

how do i do it? what should i do?

i'm terrified of booking hotels or hostels and stuff. i've skipped meals because it's too overwhelming/nervewracking to go into restaurants and food places by myself.
>>
>>35366221
just walk into a hotel when ur tired
>>
>>35366221
Is the car big enough to sleep in? If so campsites plus a camp stove.
>>
File: presents for presents.jpg (330KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
presents for presents.jpg
330KB, 1920x1200px
>>35366247
>just be yourself and do it
i'm afraid that i'll wuss out and keep driving until i'm so tired that i'm forced to try to sleep in my car. then, i'll freak out over trying to find a place that i won't get robbed or bothered. then i'll probably try to force myself to keep driving until i fall asleep and smash into a tree.

>>35366294
yes. do i have to get permission or pay to stay on campsites?
>>
bump for life?

please dont leave me alone like this arcanines..
>>
>>35367400
Just do it. Bring a sleeping bag, sleep in your car if you have to, you'll save money.

Explore your country.
>>
File: 1462733842232.jpg (426KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462733842232.jpg
426KB, 1920x1200px
>>35366360
As far as I know you have to pay at all/most campsites. No idea if it'd be cheaper than a hotel, but also in order to book a campsite, you will probably have to do the same amount of talking or more as needed to get a hotel room

Where are you going to travel? Any specific sights you want to see?
>>
File: 1476558010971.png (40KB, 812x727px) Image search: [Google]
1476558010971.png
40KB, 812x727px
>>35367451
thanks, i guess. i'm not opposed to sleeping in my car, but my anxiety will have gone into overdrive until that situation is amenable to me.

as a concept, exploring seems cool, whether it's going to interesting places in the city or exploring the countryside/rural-y areas. those are all things i would love to do and if i had a girlfriend/good friend to do it with, it would be so much easier. in practice, i just get way to nervous than to walk manually and look at nobody when i'm outside.

>>35367489
right now, i don't have too much time. i'm taking next week and a half off work and i really really need to get out of my house because i'm living with my parents right now and i can feel myself atrophying. i live in northeast US, and i'm planning to go south-ish (partially on account of the weather). any recommendations?
>>
>>35366221
>i've skipped meals because it's too overwhelming/nervewracking to go into restaurants and food places by myself.
If you're this autistic then just don't bother.
>>
>>35367616
If you feel like you can sleep comfortably in a car, then maybe something to try would be when you feel tired, finding a good-enough sized town or city with a residential street you can park on and not be disturbed. Just make sure it's not in a dangerous area, and to get up before it is too light outside so no one sees and thinks you're a weirdo

Also I'm in the eastern US too, but more southern east coast area. It's pretty nice weather right now, not too cold and flowers are blooming and all

I haven't traveled a lot, but in my opinion a lot of places in the Appalachains are very beautiful
>>
File: 1485002548970.jpg (323KB, 480x953px) Image search: [Google]
1485002548970.jpg
323KB, 480x953px
>>35367686
you have no idea my droog

>>35367856
if i can find a good place to park that people won't see me etc, it will be infinitely more comfortable for me as opposed to airbnb, hostel, other lodging, as stupid as that sounds. although i would want to take showers

can you point me to some places in the appalachians? i have no idea how i'm going to do this, like park somewhere and wander around?
>>
File: qt.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
one last shameful bump then, and then i'll get the hint...
>>
>>35367974
Alright, heres how you do it
I was homeless last summer with my family and dog so I know what im doing

Sleep in your car at libraries and wal marts I guess, that's all I can think of and that's what we did inbetween family houses

Vegetables are actually the best ever for you they don't rot quit and you can be super healthy

>water
>toilet paper
>piss jugs if necessary

Carry some type of knife or hammer in your car and ALWAYS have a phone on you, you don't know when you might be in trouble

Sleeping bag in a car and at LEAST 2 pillows is mandatory depending on the size of your car
Maybe even spare blankets for cushioning if your car is small and you have to put the seats down or something
Being cozy is the best in a car, you will hate life if you aren't

Make sure you can breath in your car though, dont suffocate and have a crack in the window

Window covers if you want to be private about it (90% sure some dude tapped on our window when we slept at walmart to fuck with us)

Showering? Get a ymca pass just for a month like, you cant go wrong
Or borrow someones
Dollar store soap and shampoo is the best
Do not forget flip flops in the shower people are gross

Keep a spare key at all times

And always be safe on the road anon, godspeed
>>
File: 8Cs6Za8.png (46KB, 941x927px) Image search: [Google]
8Cs6Za8.png
46KB, 941x927px
>>35368950
thank you so much anon

this is really great

by the way, suffocating in the car because you slept with the windows closed is a myth
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.