[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did a good thing today, bros. My county is having a special

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: brah.jpg (160KB, 638x474px) Image search: [Google]
brah.jpg
160KB, 638x474px
I did a good thing today, bros. My county is having a special election. The council wants to raise taxes to pay for stuff like bulletproof vests for police, and fire trucks, and stuff like that. I voted no. If they want more money, they can defund the schools.
>>
the schools are already underfunded, and you want to take away more money? children are the fucking future, education isn't something you can skimp on

Why do you want to defund the schools? Enlighten me.
>>
>>35366286
I don't trust the government to do anything, least of all raise children.
>>
>>35366313
and you think shittier schools will solve this?
>>
>>35366350
More money does not equal better schools.

Defund them all, I say. Private school or home school is the way to go.
>>
>>35366423
parents don't have time to homeschool their kids when they have to work

and private schools are for profit and notoriously shit among most teachers. They are staffed by shitty teachers that couldn't make it in public education.

t. history teacher

name one civilized nation without a public school system
>>
>>35366531
>parents don't have time to homeschool their kids when they have to work
That's another problem, both parents working, but that's another story.

>notoriously shit among most teachers
I think public school teachers are scared of private schools.

>name one civilized nation without a public school system
Well, America didn't always have the federal government involved. Local governments set up schools. I might be more supportive if that were still the case.
>>
>>35366606
>I think public school teachers are scared of private schools.
In a lot of places, private schools are not legally required to hire certified teachers. They don't have many requirements in general. They also operate under a thin budget while still charging their students tuition.

>Well, America didn't always have the federal government involved. Local governments set up schools. I might be more supportive if that were still the case.
I agree with that, but I still think that education provided by some form of higher government to children is necessary for a civilized country.
>>
>>35366766
I guess I'm just soured on public schools. I see them spend money on stuff I don't think they need, and the public school teachers I know, I don't like. I know a choir guy who is a really pretentious asshole. His choir sucks too.

Oh well. I might just be paying more taxes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.