[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /talkstothemselves/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1480444940578.jpg (46KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1480444940578.jpg
46KB, 500x461px
I talk loudly and have long conversations with myself. I hate myself for it.
>>
yeah when I get slightly stressed out I can hold entire meetings by myself about the stuff I'm doing/have to do. it's kind of harmless I think. why do you hate yourself for it ?
>>
>>35362740
when I'm in a good mood I talk to myself as I do things sometimes in third person, when I get mad I call myself shit.
>>
File: hundreds.jpg (60KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
hundreds.jpg
60KB, 600x490px
>>35362769
Because I see it as a sort of substitute to actual conversation. I have something, an idea, an interest, and I'd love to talk about it with another human being, but no one is available. So I talk to myself, get wound up, then realize that I've wasted a bunch of time and that I'm still alone. I feel the whole exercise is absolutely pointless, and yet I keep doing it.
>>
>>35362865
hmm, I see. is it something creative ? if you've got ideas overflowing it might be time to get people together and work towards something.
>>
>>35362740
Try doing it with your mouth closed
>>
>>35362740
Yeah, all the time. It probably sounds stupid or crazy, but I made a friend who I talk to.
>>
I say stupid shit out loud to distract myself from remembering a cringe inducing song that I used to bump
>>
>>35362740
I do it all the time, although mostly in my mind to avoid disturbing normies. Is it really that rare?
>>
File: joo20.png (235KB, 356x460px) Image search: [Google]
joo20.png
235KB, 356x460px
I run around the house and kill imaginary enemies with super powers. I get really into it. Imagine a grown man running around the house swinging his arms punching the air but in his head he's saving or blowing up planets with a move of a arm.
>>
>>35363814

Kekeke I pretend I'm shooting them and pretend I'm in a FPS game. I'll go far as making pain moans and aim down the sights
>>
>>35362740
I do it regularly. I don't talk much to other people, so it is a substitute. Still, I get less bored talking to myself than I get talking to others.
>>
File: 1485849311801.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1485849311801.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
I do this all the time its hard to break the habit of speaking to yourself.

I think its mostly because none of my friends like the same music or are a complete sperg for tcg's.

who can hold a better conversation about stuff i like than myself anyway.
>>
>>35362740
I regularly pretend I'm in situations I'll never get into, like
>talking with gf
>working in a job
>visiting another country
>having a friendly conversation at the supermarket
>talking my only friend out of depression
I spend hours every day imagining what it would be like
then I just browse the internet the rest of the day
>>
I talk to myself all the time. It's a blessing not a curse OP. The conversations I have with myself and the others in my head are WAAAAY more interesting, insightful, and fun than /smalltalk/ with Chad McChad and his Stacy Squad.

If it makes you happy, and you have enough a grip on reality to know it isn't real....

Enjoy it!
>>
>>35364008
Same

Somehow makes me less sad
>>
>>35362740
Yeah I do that about everything. I usually explain things to myself as if I had to explain it to someone who didn't know about it. When I actually have to do it irl i choke though.
>>
>>35362740
i talk to my imaginary friends and call them tulpas
>>
>>35364246
To be fair I do have pretty deep and interesting conversations with myself. The only problem is that they're one-sided, which makes it just a tad less dynamic.
>>
>>35362740

I have long drawn out discussions with multiple imaginary people, conversations that continue over several days or weeks.

I create complete backgrounds for my discussion partners and base their opinions on their life decisions.

I use different voices for each new person.

I also plan/prepare answers, comments, topical discussion for different real world events that I might encounter, do I am able to respond quickly and casually.

If I am going to the supermarket, I plan conversations with stockers, other shoppers, the checkout clerk, the bus driver for the ride home, other travelers, even the odd random person or law enforcement individual I might meet while walking to and from the bus stop.

I like to be prepared for any likely conversation scenario.

As you might suspect I am on medication and do not work, I have a service aid that stops by twice a day and unfortunately I am not allowed, for the present, to have a service dog or a driver's license.

I get so involved with my planning scenarios that I am sometimes unsure if I have had as many real life conversations as I think I have.

I told my home service aid today that I am not entirely sure that he is real.

He made me an appointment to see my psychiatrist on Thursday, got a lot of planning to do, not sure if she is a living person or not, but I do like her appreciation of Plato's Tripartite Theory of Soul, we do have differences as to Apetetuveness.
>>
>always have conversations with myself
>insult myself a lot
>refer to myself with female pronouns and with a female name because I'll never be a girl and it's the closes I'll ever get ;_;
>>
>>35366053
Not quite this level of uhh... Eccentric, but there have been numerous times where I've had imaginary conversations with people and later not been entirely sure if a conversation I've had with a person actually happened or not.
>>
>>35362740

I do, but mostly when I'm mad or stressed.
>>
when i'm alone i unconsciously blurt out stuff like "i wish i was dead," "i want to kill myself," etc. even when i try not to, i just do. sometimes i almost do it in public and quickly catch myself to stop.
>>
>>35362740
Stress makes me do it. This is horrible because my entire team sits around me....
>>
>>35362740
I do this all the time, compulsively. I slur words, whistle my S's, mess up certain consonants, and can't control my pitch very well, so it makes me want to rip my hair out because I have a very autistic way of speaking.
>>
File: 1474146072927.jpg (150KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
1474146072927.jpg
150KB, 575x523px
>>35362740
>been doing it more and more lately
>short little outbursts of my observations
>"hey, i think we've been down this street before." "oh yes we have."
>"i want pizza." "there's a pizza place right over there." "nah, too many young kids"
>>
>>35362740
I have longass conversations and discussions with myself all of the time, I think it is a way to cope with the loneliness and lack of social contact. Afterall, if it wasn't for this I would go weeks without talking at all.

I have been doing this since I was a child, and my parents have seen me do it, which is pretty embarassing.
>>
>>35362740
that's an early symptom of schizophrenia :)
>>
File: 1483375892824.jpg (19KB, 470x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483375892824.jpg
19KB, 470x350px
>>35366570
Your mom's an early example of schizophrenia.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.