[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots who cook for themselves, what are your meals like? The

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 21

File: food.jpg (111KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
111KB, 800x553px
Robots who cook for themselves, what are your meals like?

The only things I ever make are
>burgers
>tacos
>pasta
>pizza
>>
fried rice and omelets are fun and easy
>>
Strictly vegan
>>
Rice
Eggs
Toasted bread products (English Muffins, Bagels, Potato Bread, etc)
Potatoes
Sometimes I make myself a steak
I "cook" for myself in that I fill myself up with cheap carbs liberally covered in garlic powder
>>
why the fuck would I exert effort to cook and clean
>>
>>35356945
>he doesn't have mommy clean up the mess after cooking
>>
you can make things like pasta sauce, chilli, curry and burritos pretty easily and you make them all in the same way really.
if nothing else putting some fish in the oven and boiling some frozen veg is really simple not unhealthy
cooking is pretty much my only skill
>>
Canned soup and microwave dinners.
Frozen pizza, PB&J sandwiches.
Granola bars and cheese sticks to snack on.
Lots of basic shit like that, cheap and easy.

When I'm working I do meal prep.
Marinated chicken, white rice, frozen veg.
>>
>mushrooms
>noodles
>pancakes
>vegan sausages
>chili

I really make the same shit over and over
>>
Nothing vegans could eat.
>>
>>35356812

Mostly cereal. Sometimes I'll make toast or heat up canned soup.
>>
Cooking healthy is easy as fuck. Take meat, buncha fresh vedge, make a nice sauce, cook it all in the oven. Bam boom.
>>
>>35356812
I only make instant ramen, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, precooked fajitas, bagels, and baked potatoes.

All I have is a microwave and a mini-fridge. I technically have a crockpot, but I can't store enough ingrediants to use it.
>>
>tfw just ate 1 stick of butters worth of popcorn
>>
I cook for my disabled father and myself and plating is the most fun part. I always leave a fuck huge mess though.
>>
I make a lot of eggs
>>
I'll tell you the best robot food.

Homemade chicken fajitas, with peppers, onion and mushrooms.

It's delicious and filling while not be too bad for you, and it doesn't take more than a few minutes to cook. When I started making them in my final year of uni instead of pizzas and stuff like that I dropped a stone.
>>
>>35356812
>mama noodles
>frozen pizza
i think i'm gonna buy some tangerines tomorrow to make my shit decent or something.
>>
>Spaghetti with meatballs
>Shrimp pasta with simple olive oil and pesto sauce
>Roasted pork and roast potatoes and carrots
roast chicken
>roasted chinese style pork with rice/noodles
simple ramen type soup with noodles and boiled chicken
>boiled chicken +soy and ginger w/rice
>pan fried chicken/pork chop with boiled potatoes + veg
>boiled pork chop with rice + pak choi/spinach
>pizza or subway sometimes

Most of the stuff I make is really easy and healthier than ready-meals and greasy stuff.
>>
>>35356812
I just buy a bandoleer of spicy chicken sausage from costco and a double pack of Daves Killer Bread and just eat a fuckton of saushages.

Also I stir fry brocolli from there.

Sometimes I'll actually put in effort and stir fry chicken and peppers.

Mostly I just eat sausages
>>
>>35357768
>Mostly I just eat sausages
As if we couldn't tell, HOMO.
>>
Is anyone else really embarrassed by their simple tastes whenever they go grocery shopping? I can't cook very much, so I buy a lot of frozen, processed junk. Can't help but think I'm being judged harshly
>>
I would take a large pot,fill it 2/3 full with water,and dump the following into it:
fresh veggies,usually broccolli and baby carrots,spinach and/or green beans
frozen veggies like corn beans and the odder mixes
meat of some sort,beef or chicken,or rarely that faux crabmeat
garlic powder,onion powder,random sprinkles of Mrs Dash,and sometimes fresh sage,thyme,rosemary and chopped garlic cloves,with a dash of olive oil

then let the mixture boil down until most of the water is gone,then sprinkle some grated chedder on top and stir in. I used to add some sort of cheese stuffed macaroni like ravioli or tortellini,but it was too much cheese and made me fat,but I suppose some rice on the side wouldn't be too harmful. You get a mass of flavourful healthy stuff that will power you for a night's work in the supermarket.

I would eat this then go to bed within a half hour of my last mouthful. I wonder if timing would have encouraged the weight retention too...
>>
>>35356812
>bread
>bread
>pasta
>bread

same
>>
My diet is like this

>Pizza
>Kraft Dinner
>Hotdogs
>Chicken Burgers
>Cheese grilled
>Poutine

With a coke for each meal, 3 a day.
>>
File: 1488002175023.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488002175023.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I make instant ramen with only a sprinkle of the pre-packaged seasoning then add frozen peas and cubed ham. Other than that, eggs on wheat toast, apples, cereal with skim milk. I generally get different stuff every time I get groceries, but that's what I got last time. Only cost me $20 and fed me for over a week.
>>
>>35359203
Oh, and the only thing I drink other than water is the skim milk.
>>
>Canned soup
>Canned chili
>Canned vegetables

Sometimes I feel so down, I don't even heat it up. Just straight out of the can.
>>
>>35356812
Breakfast
>Grits and steak, grits and sausage, grits and bacon
>Homemade hash browns with peppers, onions, and sausage
>Waffles and bacon
>Pancakes and sausage
Lunch
>Cobb salad; club sandwich; homemade soup in a homemade bread bowl
Dinner, main
>Beef curry; Korean beef; chicken marsala; steak; pork tenderloin; grilled ribs; liver and onions; penne pasta and homemade meat sauce; beef sliders; chicken and bacon sliders
Dinner, sides
>>brussel sprouts sauteed with onions and bacon; spiced potatoes; potatoes au gratin; couscous; wild rice; homemade rolls; mixed vegetables; wedge salad; caesar salad (homemade dressing)
I try to mix it up
>>
>>35359053
How?

>>35359126

How far are you?
>>
>>35359126
How morbidly obese are you?
>>
File: 2+2=4.jpg (54KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2+2=4.jpg
54KB, 480x360px
>>35357417
most people do
decisions are draining
figure out what works for you and keep doing it.
>>
>>35359375
learn portion control fatty
>>
>>35357768
Dang, Costco Chicken sausages are delicious.
t. also a homo
>>
File: ebin.png (18KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
18KB, 800x750px
>>35356812
Brunch : Chicken + scrambled egg wrap
Dinner : Jap curry, fish fillet, homemade pizza, sausage, coleslaw and hashbrown
>>
>>35356812
Tortellini (the ones you only need to boil up) with tomato paste, heavy cream and random herbs. Delicious and ready in 10 minutes.
>>
>>35359244
Jeez lad. That's pretty sad. Dont have any ready meals in the fridge?
>>
>>35356985
>he doesn't have mommy to make him a dish and after that she cleans herself everything including her son
>>
Casseroles galore. I like baking stuff. Takes longer to cook but usually it's very quick to prepare and it takes amazing, especially if you can only afford cheap meats.
>>
File: crockpot.jpg (31KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
crockpot.jpg
31KB, 450x450px
I am like Bobby fucking Flay with my Crock Pot. Probably 25+ recipes that take less than 15 minutes to prepare I know off the top of my head.

Nothing like coming home to a house after work with the smell of stew hanging in the air.
>>
>breakfast honey nut cheerios, toast, or pop tarts if they were on sale
>lunch salad made with big tub of kale and spinach with some carrots, Croutons, and French or Italian dressing. Bologna sandwich if still hungry
>dinner oven cooked chicken with rice, turkey spaghetti, or burritos with an assorted frozen vegetable

I'm a simple man
>>
File: 1482624277004.png (416KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1482624277004.png
416KB, 500x737px
>>35359220
>skim milk
>not glorious homo milk
>>
>>35356812
>Indian curry's, can make every single one of them. Really easy too.
>Any Spanish food, Paella in particular
>Teriyaki salmon
>Burgers
>Salad
I can cook pretty well, basically everything with chicken and rice is easy as shit.
>>
File: hunger.png (23KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
hunger.png
23KB, 633x758px
I am pretty obese and addicted to sugar. Probably 50% of my calories come from sugar. Today I have eaten

>Breakfast
'Sub zero' Frosted Flakes which are Frosted Flakes, I add extra sugar to. With coffee, 3 tablespoons sugar

>Lunch
Meringue and Peanut Butter Sandwich. Literally 2 small Meringues, between white bread that I infuse with sugar (I freeze it was sugar on top and the sugar eats into it) and a few tablespoons peanut butter (sugar stirred in)

>Dinner
Lentils and Japan Sugar. Japan sugar is what I call rice. Obviously not plain rice, I add over brown sugar to pretend I am eating healthier brown rice. The lentils I cook in sugar water. Spices used: Salt, Calcutta Candy Curry Powder (curry powder with sugar, I sellotape on a picture of Apu from the simpsons and some pictures of lollipops so people think it comes like that rather than just being curry powder I sugared). Drink Dr Pepper

>Snacks
Like 200g chocolate, Gummy sweets, half a can of condensed milk boiled. i eat it hot to pretend it is a hot and healthy dessert.

>Drinks
Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper.

I must eat a bag of sugar a week. I feel so ashamed of myself that I walk 1 hour per week to a local bakery and throw the empty sugar in their dumpsters because people won't question a bakery using sugar. Then I buy a cake or something

my teeth hurt
>>
>>35359990
>addicted to sugar

just kill yourself. you are a waste of a human being.
>>
>>35359990
Your teeth must look fucking disgusting
>>
Cooking is really fun and I do it almost daily. I'm not very good at it, but it usually ends up tasting good, to me. I often cook something with potatoes, like fried, baked or salty potatoes. Together with a nice sauce, quark or cream herring they are really tasty. Pasta with pesto or a tomato sauce is also nice and easy. Rice with fried vegetables and many mushrooms is really delicious, especially with miso or soy sauce. Sometimes I make soups of pumpkins or carrots, usually with lots of peas and potatoes. I don't really like meat, except for fish, so I eat mostly vegetables. But fish is really good, so I eat it sometimes as well, usually baked or cold.
>>
>>35359990
That is far too much sugar. It is not healthy for you. Please stop!

Also, I think the older I get, the more I dislike sweet things in favor of somewhat bitter, herb or acidic things, and I am not even old.
>>
>>35359203
Instant ramen can be surprisingly tasty with some added things. I also like to add peas, and also mushrooms, spring onions and soy sauce.
>>
dont know how to make anything else than pasta with some shitty sauces
>>
File: satori steam.jpg (59KB, 224x364px) Image search: [Google]
satori steam.jpg
59KB, 224x364px
Help! I have about 3 kg of mushrooms inside my fridge, of which 2 kg are fresh. What are some neat ways to prepare them? I don't want to eat all of them raw.
>>
>>35360224
That is already a good start. Now start to practice with soups! You can also add pasta to them and your experience with sauces will be useful.
>>
File: 1435972191284.gif (1MB, 288x206px) Image search: [Google]
1435972191284.gif
1MB, 288x206px
You guys should try cooking nice meals. It's a little difficult to get into at first but it's kind of fun going to a grocery store, getting everything you need and then putting an hour or so into making something really good. Maybe it's not for everyone but I find I really enjoy it.
>>
>>35360313
soups happen pretty much in same way but with adding water and replacing pasta with vegetables and potatoes
>>
>>35360267
Scrambled eggs with heavy cream, bacon and fresh herbs fried in butter. Add fresh bread and tomato slices and you're good to go.

Add the mushrooms while frying the bacon and add a good amount of butter, they will suck it all up and become delicious.
>>
testing please ignore this
>>
File: eisfee lächli.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
eisfee lächli.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>>35357532
Are you a chicken?
>>
>>35356812
>Boiled vegetables with boiled rice
>Fried eggs and boiled rice
>Boiled eggs with boiled rice
>Fried chicken with boiled rice
>Bacon with boiled rice
>Omelettes and Pek

The wonderful things you can do with a stove and a couple of quid
>>
vodka for my anxiety and steamed oatmeal.

i sometimes pick up a couple pizzas from winco.
>>
>meat/fish/beans or anything with protein
>tomatoes or any veggies you like
>garlic
>onion
>cream
>salt, pepper, chili, ketchup if you want
>pasta
I do some variant of that most days
>>
Today I cooked pizza with flour+water+olive oil+yeast+salt+tomatoes+oregano+garlic+cheese+ham+pineapple.

The pineapple is both delicious and it makes purists angry, so it is doubly beneficial.
>>
>Parboiled rice
>Lentils
>Pasta
>Eggs

That's my life. I'm poor. The occasional ramen noodle too.
>>
>>35360909
Use normal rice, it will also be cheaper than parboiled and taste way better. Parboiled is really the american cheese of rice.
>>
>>35356942
>I "cook" for myself in that I fill myself up with cheap carbs liberally covered in garlic powder
Same
That and hot sauce
>>
>>35359375
I'm 5' 11'' 150 pounds.
>>
a piece of bread with tomato sauce on it/10
>>
Does any one else here know toast plunged in scrambled eggs and fried? It's commonly served with marmelade or cheese. But you can add everything you like. We call it "Poor Knights" in germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QiVju26Ag
>>
>>35359263
That sounds fucking delicious anon. Will you cook for me?
>>
>>35356812
>Some kind of meat
>Some sort of vegetable
>Potatoes or rice
>>
>>35359772

Here it's called a slow cooker. I don't use mine enough.
>>
>>35356812
eggs/cereal for breakfast
can of tuna/soup for lunch
rice+chicken+veggie for dinner
apple + peanut butter for snack
This is what I eat every day
>>
File: chunko.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
chunko.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
I am 400lbs and I have literally eaten the same thing everyday for the last 5 years. The thing is I was only ever happy in school and I have brain damage so I try and incorporate learning into my food. But I am so stupid I must eat 10 portions to learn

>Breakfast
I have 6 slices of toast, I use them to study physics by comparing how long butter/jelly/peanut butter/raisins/chocolate take to melt into the toast. It helps me memory I find as I have to remember the results of each spread.

>Lunch
A few tins of soup. I usually find this motivation to read about canning which pushes me to study survival techniques, helpful in future

>Dinner
Lentils, with letter shaped pasta stirred in. Usually 300g of each. This obviously helps me read and improves my vision as the lentils block the letters. I call it Learntils by the way.

I snack on ice cream, that I arrange into different national flags to improve my geography. Obviously most flags don't have brown but I love chocolate so I make the flag and replace one color with chocolate brown then guess which flag it is.
>>
>>35359203
>only a sprinkle of the pre-packaged seasoning
my fucking nigga

this is the true master race

you don't need all of that shit

just a bit of it + some good hot sauce
>>
>>35359375
i don't think he eats all of those things 3 times a day

he has one of them, three times a day
>>
>>35359772
>the flavor of carrots that have been cooking with meat all day
>the texture of beef that's been stewing all day

hnnnggg

>>35359990
>'Sub zero' Frosted Flakes which are Frosted Flakes, I add extra sugar to.
hahahahahaha
>>
>>35362914
anon...

six slices of toast is a lot
>>
>Scrambled Egg and Two slices of wholemeal toast
>PBJ sandwich and some fruit/veg
>Protein shake
>Two breasts of chicken (seasoned) with rice

I have that every day
>>
File: 1488607828390.jpg (141KB, 981x461px) Image search: [Google]
1488607828390.jpg
141KB, 981x461px
>>35363728
Well, there are two problems with normal ramen. No nutritional value, and way too much fucking sodium. The seasoning package is basically just salt, so it would be ridiculous to add that much to one serving of noodles. The obvious solution is to add minimal seasoning to cut down on sodium, then add vegetables and/or meat so it has some nutrition.

I've been thinking about using no seasoning at all and instead using a singular cheese slice. What are your thoughts on this idea?
>>
i don't know much about cooking at all. i feel like i should learn cause i'm a skill-less neet otherwise. most of the cooking i do is just heating stuff up, pretty much. like frying eggs or putting a bag of store bought hash browns in a skillet and frying them

i love to watch cooking shows though, like good eats and more recently online stuff like You Suck at Cooking and binging with babish
>>
>>35363895
putting a whole slice of cheese in soup sounds strange to me. eggs are the real fucking deal though, they're great in ramen. you could try like finely grated cheese (canned parmesan kind of thing). that would add flavor without fucking up the texture
>>
>>35362914
Learning?

This is just autism...
>>
I just drink soylent
Truly the best robot meal
>>
>>35356812
>curry
>sushi
>chili
>pasta bolognese
>goulash szekely
>tortilla wraps
>>
>>35363895
>salt is bad for you meme

nice meme you big memer
>>
>>35364067
>read twitter in the other tab
>"omg soylent has a secret darkweb bitcoin-only shop for exclusive items"
>come back to r9k tab
>soylent post

is this some viral marketing kind of shit
>>
>>35364199
too much salt IS bad for you, idiot
>>
File: 1386190812607.jpg (1MB, 1200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1386190812607.jpg
1MB, 1200x1467px
>Chicken, steak, pork chops, salmon etc. on a cast iron, typically make a basic af pan sauce with this.
>Quesadillas with various fillings
>Tortilla "pizzas"
>Roasted veggies
>Stir Fried veggies
>Turkey, sometimes normal 80/20 beef, cheese burgers
>Rice
>Breakfast burritos/bowls
>Smoothies usually consisting of protein powder, greek yogurt, milk, frozen fruits and maybe some smaller additions like a splash of vanilla extract or some shit.
>protein pancakes

When I want to cheat on my diet
>Fried anything, usually just more chicken like tendies or double/triple decker bacon fried chicken sandwiches with a shit ton of cheese and garlic bread or grilled cheese as the buns
>Pasta, either just a basic alfredo, vodka sauce, or carbonara with more chicken or shrimp, or maybe just garlic + olive oil + parmesan. I wanna try making pasta from scratch one day
>Pizza, I make the dough/sauce. Typically pile on a shit ton of meats as toppings
>Roasted potatoes, fries, hash browns, hasselback potato, au gratin, etc.
>Fried Rice

That's just the common stuff, if I'm craving something I'll just look up a recipe and make it. Made stuffed mushrooms that came out gr8 the other day.
>>
File: tumblr_nuu2touS891s71q1zo3_1280.jpg (876KB, 950x1551px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuu2touS891s71q1zo3_1280.jpg
876KB, 950x1551px
>>35364635
haha i fucking love these images
>>
File: Spaghetti di Mare.jpg (828KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti di Mare.jpg
828KB, 1494x2656px
>>35356812
I make a lot of pastas and stews. Here's a dish that turned out well
>>
File: 1465896497651.jpg (17KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1465896497651.jpg
17KB, 275x183px
>>35356812
>curry and rice
>eggs on rice
>pancakes
>spaghetti (no meat)
>chili
>cheap flank steaks when my supermarket has them
That's pretty much it, I'm a poorfag
>>
>ramen with added vegetables like peas, onions, brussel sprouts etc. Also like to add hot sauce or fish sauce.
>Sticky or jasmine rice with seeweed. Aka noritake.
>Black beans, chickpeas, lentils, or some other legumes seasoned with onions and broth eaten over rice. Sprinkled with chopped cilantro n fresh onions.
>Vegan pancakes with peanut butter sauce
>Broiled or breaded talapia with spring salad
>Toast with avacodo and hard boiled eggs.
>Bolillo bread with Swiss cheese and tomatoes
>Tuna alfredo and peas
>and Buddha bowls..Pic related, not mine but dang son
>>
File: 20170108_151441.jpg (1MB, 2417x3089px) Image search: [Google]
20170108_151441.jpg
1MB, 2417x3089px
i recommend any robot buy a deep fryer
i bought one just before xmas last year and, no lies, i've lost 20 pounds!

something about making your own food, even if it's unhealthy, promotes wellness

pic related is a poutine i made from scratch

you can also make eggrolls, tortillas, chips, fried chicken, tendies, chicken fried steak, etc.
>>
buy a grill pan and grill meat
>>
>>35356812
>breakfast
3 whole eggs with one egg white
2-3 slices of turkey bacon
english muffin
fruit
coffee
protein shake

>lunch/dinner
baked chicken breast
steamed veggies
brown rice
>>
>>35362914
>I call it Learntils by the way.
kek
>>
>>35356812
last few weeks I made
>grilled swordfish
>pan-seared salmon steak
>shrimp and noodles
>homemade breaded chicken
>seared steak
>grilled salmon
>southern style dry rub pork ribs
>>
Chicken Breast/Porkchop/Beef Loin
Mashed Potatoes/Vegetables/Beans
Lemonade/Juice

Every day
>>
>>35356942
you could probably live solely off of brown rice, eggs and potatoes, anon. cheap as fuck living. maybe throw in a banana for good measure.
>>
File: 1485824955700.jpg (22KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
1485824955700.jpg
22KB, 317x267px
>>35359990
>'Sub zero' frosted flakes
>>
i try to vary up what i cook but my current kitchen sucks dick (uni halls) so im quite limited. I cant wait to move out and get a proper kitchen
As an example, some recent meals:
>homemade ramen (i guess ramen: it was dashi, chicken, spring onions, seaweed, ginger and spices and stuff)
>swordfish in a lemony buttery thing with rice and vegetables
>steak with a mushroom sauce and potatoes
Ive only been cooking since i came to uni so im pretty novice. I still feel like my vegetables are just kinda there and are boring but idk how to make them better.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.