[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you move on?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5604.jpg (85KB, 527x785px)
IMG_5604.jpg
85KB, 527x785px
Is there anyone out there who isn't over their first love?

I am currently in a relationship. We've been together for a few years. There's highs and lows. Honestly, however, not super happy. We are engaged...I would never cheat on her, but there are times I think of my ex. She was the girl I lost my virginity too, and sometimes I can't get her out of my head.

She was absolutely a bitch, and the relationship didn't last long. She actually has tons of cons, but there was just something about her..she reminded me a lot of myself. We had the same interests. We had the same humor. She made me laugh. She was a dare devil and took me out of my shell.. What should I do? Just forget? Would it be weird to try to reconnect just as a friend? Or would that lead to shameful things?

Any experience anons?
>>
>>35349950

BUG OFF TO SOC WITH YOUR NORMALFAGGOTRY!
>>>/soc/
>>
exes only bring trouble. save yourself that spiral of depression.
>>
File: beethyself.png (35KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
beethyself.png
35KB, 805x556px
>>35349950
I have felt a similar thing anon

I would suggest to try to look at it in a more logical lens. Was I happy in the relationship at the time? Am I missing the idea of her more than the actual person? Am I just bored of my current partner?

These things make me much happier where I am.
>>
Time gives you rosy eyes
At he time of breakup you should've wrote everything you dislike about her
Stopped me from contacting someone I really miss. There's a reason they're not a part of your life now. Maybe it's not the person you miss but the time you had but you're both different people now too
>>
File: IMG_5606.jpg (73KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5606.jpg
73KB, 467x700px
Thanks anons
>>35350004
There's just no fun with my girl. It feel like we are both depressed. Being wageslaves isn't exciting and also her baggage, which is her family, is a whole other entity. They are a massive financial and emotional burden. The parents are extremely poor, and there's about 5 younger siblings, and they expect so much. We pay for many of their bills and it's ridiculous.

Logically my life probably wouldn't be a lot better with my ex. she had problems; especially with money. But it felt much more enjoyable and spontaneous. The relationship revolved around us and there wasn't such a heavy responsibility.

>>35350106
Very true. I do have a good memory. I may try writing about the many bad things that happened, and the bad things she was. But holding on to those good memories really make happy. I dont have many good memories to spare.

I can't stop thinking about what could have been. Have any of you ever successfully contacted your ex's before?
>>
>>35350519
>I can't stop thinking about what could have been.

>For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.

True pain comes from wondering 'what if" for the rest of your life anon
>>
>>35349950
you talk like a dumb faggot and yer shits real retarded

why are you engaged? ffs
>>
File: IMG_7568.jpg (23KB, 324x200px)
IMG_7568.jpg
23KB, 324x200px
>>35349950
Do NOT reconnect with your ex. Trust me. If you do, there's a possiblility you'll end up back together and given you've done that and it didn't work before, you'll end up with neither woman. You'll just regret not sticking it out with who you have now.

As for the family stuff, not a hard fix. Definitely something you can overcome together, opposed to overcoming the bitchiness of your ex if you were with her. Women don't change don't forget that.

You're probably just in a rut. Go out on holiday somewhere and adventure with her or something like that.
>>
>>35350519
Crazy how similar your situation sounds to my own, with family and everything.

Definitely don't try to go back to your ex, it's probably never going to work. Plus there are way better women out there, such as one that provides you all these same qualities listed (make you laugh, etc.). But it sounds like you might be unhappy with your current relationship and look towards previous times for nostalgia that you've built up in your head when in reality it'd probably be kinda fucked up.

Try talking to your SO about things you aren't happy about. See if you can fix anything that's going on. Maybe make more time for each other, or find some kind of agreement. I don't pay for my girlfriend or her family's things though, and I probably wouldn't. Mainly because I don't have the money myself. We split everything, when we eat, with groceries, rent, etc. and that has kept our relationship equal. I think it has been working well but we're getting more serious and I'm worried that what you describe might start happening more.
>>
>>35349950
>He's been in a relationship
>>
>>35349950
Alright anon, I've experienced a lot of these feelings too. Like you, I dated someone who was extremely similar to me, took me out of my shell too, our relationship was just extremely passionate. It was also pretty painful overall and there were a ton of negatives.

The fact is there are some people who stay with you forever, even if it's just in a small way. Especially our first loves. It's fine to look back on those memories, but just remember that it's in the past and belongs there. Even if you completely reconnected it would never be the same as it was back then. There's no reason to reconnect even as friends, believe me, it will just dig up old memories and fuck with your emotions in ways that will be far more good than bad.

As time moves on it's easy to forget the bad shit and just recall the highs, the times when the love and passion was so intense. Of course that's going to stick with you more than the bad stuff that you don't really want to remember. What's in your head is a complete idealization.
>>
>>35349950
Forget about your exes and move on. If you split up in the first place it did not work. Why do you think it will work now ?

Dump her sorry ass and cease contact. You/re better than that. If a woman can't handle you at your worst then she doesn't deserve you at your best. Move on and learn from this experience so you might not make the same mistake you did.
>>
>>35349950

I think it would have been better if I killed her.
>>
File: IMG_5591.jpg (25KB, 339x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5591.jpg
25KB, 339x238px
Thanks Anons I'm thinking more rationally now

>>35350810

Yeah it does sound a little fucked.

Your right. I do think my current situation is creating these false delusions. I obviously need to address things in my current relationship.

Sacrificing for one person is one thing, but sacrificing for a family of 7 is another. It's a strain on her too and it's really not fair. Life is short. Life shouldn't be about working pay check to pay check. That's my sweat, time, and energy..it's all going to someone else. I'm sorry they were born in those circumstances, but I'm not wasting my youth to help alliterate their suffering. Instead of staying up thinking about my ex I'm going to think about changing this situation. If she doesn't agree then I might just be willing to walk away.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.