[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EX-RELIGIOUS DRAMA MEGATHREAD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: quick crawldown.png (150KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
quick crawldown.png
150KB, 346x327px
How does it feel to know that there was a time when HAVING A BONER MAKES YOU LITERALLY BAPHOMET?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo

Male heterosexuality gets shat on in American pop culture so much. At least sex isn't associated with supernatural evil anymore.

I was raised Catholic and I've seen guilt kill the hearts of men. I've seen fear and conceit. I used to sing at funerals but I never meant it. I was exposed to dinosaurs as a kid. I didn't speak up, but I kind of assumed that if the world was billions of years old, and that religions other than Catholicism existed, that religion was probably bullshit.

What have your experiences been with leaving a religion?
>>
Nothing more annoying than an "ex" something
>>
>I kind of assumed that if the world was billions of years old, and that religions other than Catholicism existed, that religion was probably bullshit
That's an interesting hypothesis since one of the truth claims made by Catholicism is that religions other than Catholicism exist.
>>
>>35347107
I was raised in a baptist school, and lived in a mennonite household. I was shocked as a kid to see kids around town actually being "bad kids, liars, etc" when I strove so hard to be good.

Now I realize that I was burying my own self under a false persona and ignoring my personal thoughts and opinions in order to please other people.

And I can't stop doing that even as an adult.
>>
I was raised Catholic but I can't really say what it was like to leave because I just slowly decided there was probably no God when I was in middle school or so. And then my mom was kinda pissy at me about not wanting to go to church all the time but eventually gave up on trying to convert me.

Also idk what kind of Catholic church you went to but nobody ever taught me that dinosaurs weren't real or that the earth was 8,000 years old or any of that. I thought it was mostly fundies who believed that stuff.
>>
>>35347107
you do know the real reason the minister wasn't the bad guy cause he was attracted to the girl in the movie, it was cause he was trying to force her to like him and abused his office as minister to try and get closer to her despite vowing celibacy right. also sex wasn't ever really associated with supernatural evil you just weren't supposed to do it outside of marriage
>>
>>35347230
don't most catholics believe in evolution and an old earth. havn't the past 3 popes believed that
>>
>>35347278
The official stance of the Church is that you can believe in evolution or disbelieve in it if you want. It's not a matter of doctrine or salvation so the Church never weighed in on one side.
>>
>>35347136
When I realized that people around the world were practicing different religions with just as much sincerity, Catholicism began to look like another face in the crowd. I imagined that if I were born in Nepal, I could have just as easily been raised a Buddhist.

For me, religions are to be taken seriously but not literally.

I hope I've clarified my position.
>>
>>35347305
>I imagined that if I were born in Nepal, I could have just as easily been raised a Buddhist.
Yes that's called the genetic fallacy. If you're going to decide if something is true or not "there are competing claims to truth" isn't an argument about the veracity of a claim. Your position is stupid, and entirely irrational.
>>
>>35347343
easy there on the stupid claim cowboy. you are arguing about religion on a novgorodian yak wool website
>>
>>35347367
No I'm arguing methodology on Tunisian eel farming website. You could just as easily disbelieve in evolution because you were raised in the jungles of New Guinea, or believe in a geocentric solar system because you were born in the 2nd century. Your position is stupid because your methodology is based entirely on fallacious reasoning.
>>
File: gotta get back.png (47KB, 167x149px) Image search: [Google]
gotta get back.png
47KB, 167x149px
>>35347343
Fair enough. But what say you to this?

Most Abrahamic religions say that Adam was created from dust/clay, and that he was created in the image of The Most High.

Traditional Chinese cosmology (written in the 4th century BCE) says that humans were created when The goddess Nuwa fashioned them from yellow earth and mud (in early myths) or from procreating with her brother/husband Fuxi (in later versions).

Both of these accounts are scripture that has been passed down through generations of devout believers.

Because they contradict one another, both of them can't simultaneously be true.

Which one is more credible? For what reasons?
>>
>>35347343
The falsity of 1000's of religions is enough reason to doubt the religion domeone grew up with. Doubt is enough to break brainwashing, and then they can begin to look for evidence.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.