[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does our self hatred come from? Were you bullied as a kid?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
Where does our self hatred come from? Were you bullied as a kid?
>>
>>35346214
I don't know, and no.

I remember something about being melancholic

>They hold themselves and others to unrealistically high standards, and get distressed when these standards are not met. This leads to them being self-deprecating - because they do not meet their own standards - and critical of others - because those others do not meet their standards.
>>
>>35346258
i think i might subconsciously do this, i focus obsessively on whatever is negative and imperfect
>>
I think it's because my parents used to fight so much, maybe I blamed myself for it because kids are stupid that way. My mom, who I was raised by after they split, was extremely neurotic. Nothing ever seemed to be good enough, and I guess I stopped trying.

Or maybe I'm over thinking all this and I need to just man up.
>>
A disgusting and immoral fetish
>>
>>35346214

i wasn't bullied but i was made fun of pretty frequently.

i'm pretty sure self-hatred/depression is just a biological self destruct sequence to remove oneself from the gene pool. it's completely disadvantageous to the individual but there's obvious benefits to the group.
>>
the word self hatred itself answers your question dumb fuck
>>
>>35346527
i meant what causes it you dumb fuck, get out of my thread u faggot
>>
File: cry pepe.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cry pepe.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>35346214
>Were you bullied as a kid?
Yes + all the regrets
>>
It's because no one ever loved me so how could I love myself.

If just one girl showered me with love and attention, literally all my mental problems would be solves, and I would become a happy and productive member of society.
>>
>>35346214
I was. By the time I got out of junior high it was already rooted in my head that I'm a loser and an idiot.
>>
Yes. I also get bullied every day by complete strangers.
>>
>>35346568
but that's the point. nothing causes it but yourself.
there can be outside factors that emphasize it but really it develops because of you.
>>
from comparing myself to others. Why couldn't i be 6'4 with an 8 inch dick and fucked hundreds of girls
>>
>>35346690
>just be confident bro, just change by magic

it doesn't work like that
>>
I know exactly where mine came from.

First of all, I have a motor skills-based learning disability that wasn't diagnosed until 5th grade. Until then, everybody including parents, teachers, pshrinks, etc., all thought I was refusing to cooperate on purpose and treated me like a sack of trash because of it. It gave me a lifelong feeling that I'm defective and worthless and can't accomplish anything no matter how hard I try and that nobody will ever be happy with me or satisfied with anything I do.

On top of that I was raised by parents with serious mental issues. My father was raised by a mentally ill mother and suffers from severe clinical depression and doesn't even try to hide it (he kind of passes it off like a joke) and my mom is OCD, and a narcissist with zero self-awareness. I grew up being embarrassed by my parents' constant public spergouts and having the other kids constantly ridicule me for their antics.
>>
>>35346214
Half of it was from my really strict upbringing.
Other part is cause I'm not normal
>>
>>35346214
My mom, really. She was never happy with me so I was never happy with myself. It took me years away from home to develop a semblance of confidence and self-esteem. Fuck, my relationship with my mom was the source of my struggles with women for pretty much forever too.
>>35346258
This is pretty accurate for me. Probably because my mom was never happy with me I created such impossibly high standards for myself and assumed everyone else held themselves to the same high standards. That's why it was so crushing to see other people so happy, because I figured the only way they could be that happy was if they were meeting those standards that I never could.
>>
>>35346214
I think too much. and i know i cant do much for the greater good of humanity.
>>
Go to school get bullied.
Go home and get bullied.
>>
I don't hate myself. Sucks to be you
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.