[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got admitted to law school. Would being a law student

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: download (30).jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download (30).jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
I just got admitted to law school. Would being a law student up my SMV? I want to make up for the lack of game I had during my undergrad and wanna play the Tinder field.
>>
>>35343238
Take your PUA garbage back to r/theredpill
>>
>>35343268
I don't use rebbit
>>
>>35343238
SMV? What the fuck is that?
>>
>>35343238
>Tinder
Say your major (law is very Chad-ish)
Say you like dogs
State your height if you're 6 foot +
An emoji
Done. Enjoy getting laid. Now get the fuck off my board.
>>
>>35343992
Sexual market value

Originalaldo
>>
>>35344026
>Say your major (law is very Chad-ish)
>Say you like dogs
>State your height if you're 6 foot +
I'm 6'
>>
If you don't starve to dead
>>
>>35343238
Tfw female law school admittee

Did you get into a top 14 op?
>>
>>35344374
I'm in Canada, i don't even think we have 14 law shools
>>
>>35344391
You're not getting a job, just letting you know.

t. T3 grad
>>
I've been a practicing lawyer for 6 years.

Welcome to the meat grinder. There were no jobs my year (2011, when the legal industry collapsed), and many of my classmates were unemployed with $200k in debt. This was from a T14, too.

Trust me, practicing law isn't glamorous, and it probably pays a lot less than you think.
>>
>>35344412
So, let's talk turkey. What school? Scholarship? How will you finance it (i.e., debt)?
>>
>>35344391
What school did you get into? I am going to U of T in the fall.
>>
>>35344412
>>35344410
Law school is different in Canada than the US. Tuition is like $15k a year, and some programs here don't require a year of articling. Besides I have several connections with law firms in and around Toronto through family and friends. That's not my concern right now anyway, my concern is getting laid while I'm there
>>
>>35344554
Western, Lakehead and Windsor

Probably not going to Windsor but the lakehead program looks really appealing
>>
>>35344562
My tuition is going to be $35k. Fuck u m8. Osgoose is 28k. What school are you going to??
>>
>>35344582
If you don't go to Western you're retarded. It's the best school by far of the ones you listed. Lakehead and Windsor are basically low tier might as well not even go. Most employers will straight up throw out your resume from Lakead
>>
>>35344591
lakehead tuition is like $15+ student fees so its closer to $17.

The program look appealing to me because I'm from nothern ontario, you complete your articles during your third year and I would do well in small classes. Only 60 students are admitted
>>
>>35344623
Grades count more than your school Jew of T faggot.
>>
>>35343238

im an assistant crown attorney khv in T O RONTO

saw pic related in the court hallway and jerked off in the washroom stall
>>
>>35344661
Whatever makes you feel better. What happened? Couldn't get into U of T?

Most big firms admit that they bring UT students to the top of the pile. A C from U of T is equivalent to being in the top 1% at Windsor/TRU/Ottawa.
>>
>>35344710
Ghomeshi dindu nuthin.

I work downtown toronto too, at a firm on Adelaide. I was sort of training to be a clerk but I got admitted to law school so I'm going balls deep
>>
>>35344713
didn't apply to U of T or Osgoode because I hate jews.
>>
>>35344554
I'm the lawyer who's been practicing for 6 years.

University of Texas is probably worth it if you have a solid scholarship. I probably wouldn't finance it on debt, though.

If you finance your law school on debt, welcome to the wonderful world of 6.8% fixed interest rates in Stafford loans (for the first $20.5k each year), with a fixed 8.5% and 3% origination fee in Grad PLUS loans to fill out the remainder.

By the way, student loan debt (public and private) is nondischargeable in bankruptcy.

tl;dr you're going to fuck your life with debt. I got REALLY fucking lucky and made $700k on a massive settlement in my 4th year of practice. If that didn't happen, I'd still be living in poverty paying $1,400 a month on my student loans.
>>
>>35344412
>2011, when the legal industry collapsed
how doees this happen? why did it happen?
>>
>>35344391
I graduated from one of Canada's top law schools, with really good grades.
>>
>>35344713
>A C from U of T is equivalent to being in the top 1% at Windsor/TRU/Ottawa.
can confirm this is false. Grades and percentile are way more important than the school you went to mr. hot shot. What's even more important is knowing people in the legal field. I've worked 3 years downtown toronto training to be a clerk and decided to go to law school. I already have the connections I need to get a job when I'm out.
>>
>>35344740
I was talking about U of Toronto, it seems this is a Canada thread now.

Probably won't have much debt, looking at about ~30k debt when I'm done, after grants/scholarships/etc.

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in Canada we get a line of credit at the prime rate, which works like any regular line of credit. And at U of T if you end up making less than $60k/year they pay your payments for you until you start making more.

I reckon I could probably make enough over the next 3.5 years to pay off that 30k debt before I graduate. Maybe that's too optimistic.
>>
>>35344802
I have 90 grand saved from working so I can pretty much pay off my degree from Western or elsewhere outright and graduate with no or limited debt
>>
>>35344794
What firm do you work at? I've heard the opposite from people hiring summer students and articling students at big firms. At smaller firms and boutique places they straight up tell you it doesn't matter though.
>>
>>35344827
Miller Thompson
>>
>>35344823
That's good for you. UWO is a good school I did my undergrad there. Not sure about the law school itself but I think the campus is the best in ON and all of the departments I interacted with were great. London is a good town too.
>>
File: 1460471983824.gif (19KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460471983824.gif
19KB, 209x200px
>>35344374
>Tfw female law school admittee
be my gf or else
>>
>>35344857
>Not sure about the law school itself but I think the campus is the best in ON and all of the departments I interacted with were great. London is a good town too.
I did my undergrad at Queen's. Can confirm Queen's has a nicer campus. London is pretty comparable to Kingston though
>>
>>35343238

>Would being a law student up my SMV?

I don't really like the term SMV, and if that's what your basing your sexual worth on - good luck with the gold digging whores that you end up with.

I'm in investment banking and make plenty of money, but the prestige of the job really doesn't mean shit. I went from competing with good looking, poor guys in college, to competing with good looking rich guys in the working world. Not trying to discourage you, and by all means, use the fuck out of Tinder - but don't get your hopes too far up.
>>
>>35344850
Then how do you explain the hiring rates. Why do firms hire 50% of summer/articles from U of T? U of T has one of the smallest pools of applicants but places the most positions - 100 students out of ~176 applicants the past year. Versus Osgoode or Queens which barely hit a 25% rate? Could it be that you're full of shit?
>>
>>35343238
you're a fucking loser and always will be, everyone on this board is a fat faggot virgin for a reason.

NEET genocide is coming soon
>>
>>35344878
Nah UWO has a far better campus bro. Queens is shit fuck off
>>
>>35344410
looks like you didn't network or suck at marketing yourself
>>
>>35344908
Could it be that the city where the university is has the most applicants for jobs in that city?
>>
>>35344901
>>I'm in investment banking and make plenty of money
how much do you mean

what do you buy or how do you spend your money, do you just invest it all?

do you have gf
>>
>>35344343

Nah', more like 6'2. No girl is going to bust a tape measure, just get a snazzy pair of boots.I once had some loafers with a heel to it but they got dog'd.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.