[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNI FEELS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 20

File: future.jpg (238KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
238KB, 641x600px
I'm 25 and I've been in college for 5 years. I've dropped and failed a few classes, so I'm very behind. I'm still unsure what I want to do with my life. I hate my major and I hate my current job as a retailcuck. Because I'm doing so poorly in school, I'just think its better off if I drop out.

How many of you guys dropped/failed college and how has your life been since you dropped?
>>
I dropped out in the middle of sophomore year, and became an autodidact. I'm now working at a federally sponsored art museum earning 50k a year. I'd recommend taking a gap year, and see what works for you. Formal education (w/ the exception of vocational training and STEM) is a waste of time and money imho. There's an unfortunate bias in our culture towards getting a degree, but hopefully that will change as more people begin to wake up.
>>
>>35337813
Not yet, but on the verge of dropping out. Lv 22 here, so at least I've got some time on my side still. My job is closely related to and dependant on my painfully uninteresting studies, so I won't be able to continue gaining more practical experience for a while if I leave uni. I want to finish it just to get the damn degree and not turn the past four years into waste.
>>
>>35338240
CompSci and want to drop out entirely. Would u recc a gap year for STEM
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
me too... 8 years
>>
>>35338424
>Would u recc a gap year for STEM
yes absolutely. If you're not able to get an internship while in school you won't land a job after you graduate. So taking a gap year is a good litmus test on whether you should continue with your studies.
>>
>>35338452
Thanks man, I've been considering it but I'm already behind the classes I should be taking. Starting to become more and more of a reality with how terrible I'm doing right now tho
>>
>>35337813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5QcgWloJo0
>>
>>35337813
I went in for like three weeks. Stopped going to class until the semester was over, then moved back in with Ma.
A year and a half later and I'm a NEET living with my grandparents.
>>
I finally did it fellas. I live in a big 12 unit apartment building next to my campus, I used to come home from long days and just want to relax, but the building always smelled like pot smoke so I couldn't because my whole fucking place smelled like a blunt. So last week I called the cops when I smelled fresh smoke and informed my landlord of what was going on and now the smoking has stopped, for now at least.

Got a reply saying the landlord is gonna inspect all the units tomorrow and I heard my neighbors yelling and "oh fuck"-ing through the wall freaking out about it, because according to our lease, any smoking inside the apartment or evidence thereof is an automatic forfeit of our $800 security deposits. I know these kids are always smoking so I'm sure there apartment reeks of it, ashes everywhere etc. Finally the weed smoking has stopped at least temporarily and I can rest peacefully in my scent free abode. Hopefully they get fugged but if they don't I don't mind calling the cops again
>>
>>35337813
at least you tried anon. it's important to know that you still have options.
>>
>>35337813
>I'm still unsure what I want to do with my life. I hate my major
Why is it so hard for Americucks to decide their majors? lel
>>
File: sink.jpg (29KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
sink.jpg
29KB, 306x306px
I'm 28 and have been in Community College since 2011, need at least 3 more semesters before I could transfer. Let that sink in
>>
I'm taking a communications course next term.
Maybe I'll finally be able to talk with other people like a functioning human being.
Maybe I'll get some friends, maybe even a GF.
Fat fucking change.
>>
>like a cute girl who sits next to me in my Psych class
>still don't know her name after two months
>she sometimes smiles while we're talking
It's too late now to just ask for her name so my plan was to ask her for her number so we can text each other if we have questions about the class but I don't have the balls.
>>
I've been in college for 7 years. It's not too bad
>>
Presentation in two days

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.
>>
>>35339878
Just do it, what the fuck is she going to do, sue you?
>>
File: 1462980361745s.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462980361745s.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
>>35339980
>just do it
I would if I wasn't a fucking coward
>>
I dropped out of uni and college and now I'm a NEET on disability.

I hate life, I hate playing the game, I hate when people make things more difficult than they need to be. I think I'll just be happiest being nobody.
>>
>>35339980
Reject you in front of the class/her friend group and they'll all laugh or cringe at you as you walk away and word will spread of "that creepy kid who tried to ask X out"

dont listen to people like this. fucking never risk this shit.
>>
>>35337813
You've made this thread with this exact OP a dozen times now
>>
>>35340021
>>35340102
Yeah I guess, sorry for the bad advice.
I guess Chad will have more fun with her anyways, study hard, I'm sure she'll take you once she's all done.
>>
>>35340021
it's hard anon, just don't think about it, and ask her without giving yourself a chance to back out

like at the end of a convo just say "hey you're really cool, wanna grab a coffee" or some shit like that

don't think about it, the regret will come really quickly afterwards but by then it's already done and she's said yes.

Go get er', anon.
>>
>>35339729
I get it. I don't think you're a bad person for doing it... but, that's a pretty mean thing to do to people. You could have talked to/called/left a note/screamed out the window (whatever would have been easiest for you) to them directly before fucking them.
Again, not your obligation, just would have been a stand up thing to do.
>>
>>35340173
and what are they supposed to talk about or do during this "coffee" gathering, let alone if she even accepts going on a date with a sperg.
im not trying to attack you or anything, i just have no idea how normies end up talking so much. how are they able to speak for so long? it's fascinating.
>>
>professors collaborate to ensure that every student has 3-5 projects due immediately after Spring Break
>tfw one of them is a group project so I can't just delay till the last minute because that would be fucking around with other students' grades as well

Fuck man I just want to relax, read a book, play some vidya, and relax some more.
>>
>tfw fell for the stem meme
should have just done a trade, it's free to do so here. fuck me fuck jewniversity
>>
File: 41.jpg (74KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
74KB, 606x496px
>>35340266
I know, I was saying the same thing to myself this morning. I know guys who went straight down the trade route, working now as electricians and they're making more than enough to live comfortably.
>>
>>35340163
>I guess Chad will have more fun with her anyways
I don't deserve her anyway. No reason to be with me when there are much better options out there.
>>
File: 6.jpg (24KB, 276x368px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
24KB, 276x368px
>>35340228
Welcome to Robotism, we don't know how to speak to women or arouse them so you may as well get comfy nigger. You're here for the long run.
>>
>junior in CompSci
>no relevant work experience, and never had an internship

Am I fucked?
>>
File: 24.jpg (27KB, 259x348px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
27KB, 259x348px
>>35340408
I'm a senior and I can safely say we're both fucked bud.
>>
>>35340228
Actually I have no issue talking to people, though. The problem is that I'm worthless and don't want to waste people's free time. I talked to a girl for over an hour a little while ago because we had to do a group project and the other group members were late. But that was because it's related to school and I wasn't wasting her free.
>>
Guys stop wasting your money in university. University degrees are toilet paper these days. This is not the 90s anymore when university degrees actually had some clout.

Try applying to jobs on indeed.com. Just update your resume with a bachelor's degree and leave everything else the same, see for yourselves if any employers respond to your job applications. Unless your degree is from Harvard your qualifications mean NOTHING.

You guys are wasting your youth and your money.
>>
File: 1455972113105.png (95KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455972113105.png
95KB, 540x480px
>>35340392
It's almost as if robots and normies are two different species
If anything, we are certainty on two different planes of existence.
I didn't realize until way too late that after school, kids didn't just head on home and sit and play vidya all day like I did. They went out and did social normie shit. And OFTEN, with each other most of the time.
I can't even comprehend doing a 1/5 of what these normies do on a weekly basis.
>>
>>35340484
Don't they ask for proof of qualifications during job interviews, as well as check your references?
And isn't lying on your resume really illegal here in burgerland?
>>
File: 1471656601416.jpg (359KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471656601416.jpg
359KB, 900x900px
>parents spent my college fund on a kitchen renovation
What the fuck do i do?
>>
>>35340179
>actually defending normies smoking their ayy weed lmaoo
That guy did the right thing, hope those normies get evicted as well.
>>
>>35340516
>having a college fund
Fuck off desu
>>
>>35340484
indeed is literally only warehouse jobs and retail
>>35340532
i dont anymore doodoo head
>>
>>35340486
Took you long enough, I realized around the age of 7 or 8 that I'm not a normie. From now till the day I die I'll never fit in with the Norman crowd.
>>
>>35340572
though to be fair, i never interacted with others and they always ignored me, so i didn't know any better
>>
File: 120.jpg (138KB, 600x930px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
138KB, 600x930px
>>35340552
Don't bother yourself, I am in my 4th year now and you're probably as smart or smarter than I. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from college, NOTHING.
>>
File: ff490.jpg (24KB, 609x616px) Image search: [Google]
ff490.jpg
24KB, 609x616px
>back home on spring break
>sister came home this weekend
>mom goes to take her back to Uni yesterday and I went along
>we arrive at sister's room
>her roommates (all girls) are all there
>I just take my sister's shit to her room and sit on her bed as the 5 girls (my mom, sister, and her 3 roommates) all chat
>sister comes in room and starts unpacking
>I feel uncomfortable
>leave the room, head down the hall towards the front door (where they're all talking), open it, and just leave
>stand waiting in the hallway for 10 minutes, hearing their muffled conversation through the door
>mom doesn't realize that I bailed until she opens the door to leave the room and sees me in the hallway
>she asks why I left and didn't introduce myself
>sister starts "It's because he's" but cuts herself off
>spend the next hour wondering whether she was going to say "antisocial" or "autistic"

I wish so much that I wasn't like this.
>>
>>35340600
how do you get a job that's not retail without a college degree?
>>
>>35340600
Working towards a higher degree is worth pursuing. Working a dead end minimum wage job is not
>>
>>35340609
YOU FUCKING DON'T, the only way is connections, like some other anon said unless your degree is Harvard or equivalent then it's nothing more than expensive toilet paper.

After I graduate I'm still going to be working as a shitty lowly shopkeeper and nothing else.
>>
File: 1448853228644.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1448853228644.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>35340606
I don't think normies are keen on using words such as "retard" or "autistic," especially in front of others.

Most likely was going to say, as you mentioned, antisocial. Or a plethora of other demeaning words, such as "different" "weird" "creepy" and so on and so forth.

Don't beat yourself up too hard about it. She's just literally a dumb college roastie. But It must hurt knowing that your family knows you're a sperg.
>>
>>35340508
>Don't they ask for proof of qualifications during job interviews, as well as check your references?
>And isn't lying on your resume really illegal here in burgerland?

This is just to see if you get any call backs from your job applications with a college degree.

I'm not saying you should lie your way into a job. I'm just saying you should try to ascertain how much value your college degree has on the job market by - and here's a revolutionary concept - applying to jobs.

Think of it like drive-testing a new car to see how it runs. In this case you're just trying to see how employers react to you having a college degree before you purchase it. You can put a fake name on the resume if you want.
>>
>>35340619
Yeah well you take what you can get.
>>
>>35340408
>>35340437
What! I thought CS was a free easy life
>>
File: 16537884375.jpg (24KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
16537884375.jpg
24KB, 680x486px
>>35340659
This is actually a very smart idea. God damn.
I'll be sure to remember this, anon. Thank you.
>>35340654
Okay, I see now.
And both of you are very right. I feel like the modern job market is basically all just nepotism at this point. If you don't know somebody then you wont get a job.
I guess this is what they mean when they say you should be constantly "networking" and shit.
But how does this help people with disorders like SAD or shit who really just cannot function in social settings or around people, etc?

The world just isn't fair man
>>
>>35340702
That's the meme that they use to trick people.

CS is among the most bloated programs at almost any Uni and employers are more selective in response.
>>
>>35340552
>indeed is literally only warehouse jobs and retail

Funny. You could say the same thing about my university job board.
>>
Not too bad anymore. I dropped out after Sophomore year. I got dropped from the nursing program. I was on a ROTC Scholarship and lost that. I ended up owing the government for about 14,000 or so. I was able to defer on it for awhile. I went to a trade school and graduated from that. I went into welding and worked for about a year. Absolutely hated it. Made me think dropping out was one of the worst decisions ever. So I joined the Marine Corps and got reimbursed the money I owed the government. I also get to work on guns (I"m an armorer). The phrase "good enough for government work" is very true in the military. They don't drive us like slaves as bad as most welding shops do. I only work about 8 hours a day and its easy peasy shit. We even get two hours for lunch. Really regret dropping out, however I have made the most of it. I'm also going to be starting an online for profit school called AMU that I can work on while in. I think I'll probably go back to school even if I earn an online degree so I can use my GI Bill.
>>
File: 1487914491868.jpg (51KB, 785x644px) Image search: [Google]
1487914491868.jpg
51KB, 785x644px
>>35340408

I did graphics when it was booming, got an intern and everything

This was after community college

2008 happened

Gone, you can't get work for business's that are not there

Did uni thinking it would help, was a clone course of community, dropped out before debt piled
>>
>>35340835
What are you up to these days?

Completely original
>>
File: 1458588295156.jpg (64KB, 517x455px) Image search: [Google]
1458588295156.jpg
64KB, 517x455px
I heard Japanese is hard, but so far class is pretty nice
>>
>>35340933

freelance

India and eastern Europe will make you rat race to the bottom

looking for retail work now
>>
>>35340714
>This is actually a very smart idea. God damn.
I'll be sure to remember this, anon. Thank you.

Don't remember it. Do it tonight. Just take an hour to build a resume and send it out. You can send out 30 job applications today.

Put a fake name on it if you're not comfortable attaching your real name.

This will tell you how much value your college degree that your spending thousands of tens of thousands of dollars on has.

For example my degree in mathematics is basically toilet paper.
>>
>>35340179
I don't care, I did that in my last apartment and the guy told me to fuck off and closed the door on me. Better to call it in and end it once and for all. Normies thinking that everyone is OK with them stinking up the whole building is wrong.
>>
You remember when you were in grade school, and upon your return from summer vacation everyone you were knew/were familiar with would come back having grown in some regard?

I didn't understand what it was and what they were doing until it was too late. I didn't realize that while I was spending summers being a recluse, they were learning how to drive, getting jobs, going to parties, learning how to network and elevate their social status, etc.

I didn't realize I was supposed to be doing those things until it was too late, and I feel like the same thing is happening again, only with Uni this time.
>>
>>35340228
I know this sounds like normie advice but if the conversation with her doesn't flow naturally, drop her

there are a lot of women with a lot of mental issues that will make you feel at home anon, trust me
>>
>>35341410
they were doing these things because people welcomed them into those activities. if no one bothers calling you up for a party is mean that no one actually wants you to show up.

my bully was calling me to ask if i wanted to come to the prom and i told him to fuck off. i don't have a partner, no one wants me there. so i don't need his pity
>>
>>35341435
Not really.

Most personalities disorders have a predisposition towards men, and that's without even considering how women are more likely to come forward and seek help with PD's when they don't actually have any, while numerous men allow their PD's to go undiagnosed and unreported.
>>
>finally got back CS midterm
>thought I did well
>42/100
yep time to drop the fuck out
>>
>>35341410
I knew this feel oh so well.
Why does it come so naturally to normies?
>>
>>35341522
yeh but you should still find a woman you can at least talk to.
>>
>>35339827
only 1 semester completed out of 4 after 7 years?what the actual fuck.how do you even manage that?
>>
>>35340229
i dunno man maybe you could do your projects early in the holidays then relax?
>>
>>35339729
>$800 security deposits
the fuck is this the four seasons
>>
How do I make some friends? I'm a freshman on my second semester and Iive on campus and have nobody to talk to.. I kinda just go to class and then go back to my dorm. I tried making some friends by joining clubs but the club "meetings" were just like class lectures so you couldn't really talk. Any body got anything to say that could help?
>>
>>35341797
Start your own club. About anything you want.
Keep going to the clubs that interest you but Join a team based club (doesn't have to be sports). The worst clubs are book clubs/film clubs that type of shit where you just sit there or worse, you do the activity somewhere else and then come back and "talk" about it because like you said that's just class. Join a club that actually needs to meet as in be in the same room together to do their activity.

Talk to other people in your dorm. Invite them out if you can. A simple hello, how is it going can do a lot especially if you are saying it to people you see over and over again and recognize which you must because you live on campus.

Also, if you don't think people are noticing you, they are. I did the exact same shit you did first year for the first term. Show up, sit at the back and leave immediately. When I started making friends later they told me almost everyone thought I either had a job, was on drugs or hated everyone. Pretty funny to think back on when I thought they all hated me.
>>
>tfw will be 22 when I finally get my associates in computer engineering
Its time to kill myself.
>>
>>35342026
Yeah I'll look for some other clubs, also I already say hi to my dorm-mates and try to be friendly to them but we never really get past saying hi. And for the finding people in class thing I don't know if it's a detriment but all of my classes are in large auditorium s so there is no real small class group thing going on..
>>
Who else here is being actively murdered by integration techniques? Good gravy is that shit hard.
>>
>>35341688

I've completed 110 units, 30 units went into Japanese 1-4 and French 1 & 2. I delayed my math classes until now and need to take Pre Cal, Cal 1 and Cal 2 to transfer. Each would need their own semester. I've taken several courses recommended by counselors that I ended up not needing in the end.
>>
>>35337813
I dropped out after doing 5/6 years of what it sounds like you're doing and now I'm a logger and I make $80,000 a year easy
>>
>>35342668
this is why you check if courses you take will transfer to whatever the hell uni you go to omg. I hope you had financial aid or some shit..
>>
>>35341594
No curve?
oreganiginal
>>
>>35342756

BoG Fee waiver, didn't pay for shit other than books. After I take those 3 courses, then I'd just have to take 2 classes and I'd have my B.A.
>>
File: 1467425344840.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467425344840.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
So who here has been successful with scholarships?
>>
I'm a 33 year old robot in community college. It's very comfy. I'm almost done with my prereqs for nursing. There are always cute girls in my classes and they always wear yoga pants.

They will never give me the time of day because I'm a robot who has never had gf, but still.
>>
>>35342723
How do I become a logger? I don't mind manual labor.

My last job paid minimum wage and I have an applied math degree from a decent school. I didn't realize university was scamming me this hard. I thought I could get a job that paid 30k after I graduated, was that so much to ask for? Were my expectations too high?
>>
>>35342779
class average was 53, so still pretty shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 309x313px
>>35342857
>tfw finished essay too late

Fuck this I'm headed to community college desu
>>
>>35342779
>grading on a curve

Any teacher that does this should be fucking fired.
>>
>>35343044
b-bu how am i supposed to pass without a curve?
>>
>>35341172
Fair enough.
Once burned, twice shy... can't blame you.
>>
>>35343044
>Physics test
>Got a 66%
>With curve got a solid B
I need to pass somehow man
>>
>>35343044
That was the official policy at my university.

Course averages were always bell curved down to a C. Even upper level courses with an enrolment of 15 students, were bell curved down to a C average. I never benefited from the bell curve.
>>
>>35341594
Couldn't you just drop the course and take it over the summer?
>>
>>35340179
I was an RA who would call the cops on weed smokers. (I had to, "chill" RA's were not well tolerated by the manager) Warnings never work. These people were willing to risk losing housing to smoke in their room even when its like 70 degrees and legal outside. Even if the cops come and give them a warning. I'm not saying this applies to everyone but for most potheads, physical removal from the premises is the way to go.
>>
>>35342857
full ride desu, the easiest scholarships are the ones given to freshmen coming from high schoo
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.