[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think about getting a motorcycle, bots? Every few

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_0620.jpg (122KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
122KB, 640x640px
Do you ever think about getting a motorcycle, bots?

Every few months I really, really want to buy a motorcycle. But then I remember I don't have enough money to buy food every day, let alone gas money. I can eventually push the urge down, but the motorcycle fever always pops back up eventually.

Do you ride? How do you like it? What do you ride?
>>
>>35331202
>Do you ever think about getting a motorcycle, bots?

I'd prolly fall and break my neck
>>
>>35331314

You don't welcome death?
>>
File: 1480204475209.jpg (88KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
1480204475209.jpg
88KB, 628x628px
>>35331328
>You don't welcome death?

It scares me
>>
I have a CBR. I love it, my first bike was a Sportster my dad gave me. Decent starting bike to learn how to ride and it gets 50 mpg on the highway. When my dad bought it he was only paying 175 bucks a month, it's not too expensive but it's the maintenance of the bike that can be costly.
>>
>>35331411

Cool, I never thought of the CBR as a starter just because of its sport configuration
>>
I always thought doing a cross country road trip with one of those Indiana style bikes would be nice. I always thought those saddle bags looked cool.
>>
I've a Suzuki TU250x and a Yamaha Virago.
Motorcycles are patrician-tier transport and grills actually talk to you if they find out you ride one.

You can buy/register/insure a used bike for like $2000. My Virago cost me 800 bucks to buy, and it's like $400/year to insure. It 'only' gets 55 mpg and it's a pigfat cruiser so it blows to ride in tight traffic... so I got a Suzuki TU250X for city riding.
I insure 2 motorcycles for less than I paid to insure my car... I sold it when I got the first bike, and don't regret it.

OP, just take an MSF course and get your license, then worry about getting a bike later.
>>
>>35331202
I don't even have enough money to live.
>>
>>35331202
Ive thought about this for a long time, might start working on the license in a few months.
Im going to Thailand soon so I'll have some experience with the little bikes.
Problem is the only thing I'll drive is a motocross, and those are expensive.
>>
>>35331202
I fear death by accident in the normal way, but I would really fear being severely injured.
I'd have to live with that bullshit for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 1465716130655.jpg (134KB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465716130655.jpg
134KB, 1415x1000px
>>35331202

I have a couple of dirtbikes, it's fun to go for a blast every now and then, I live on a country estate so there's plenty of area to ride around on, I got my first bike when I was 6,, it was a Honda Z50R Special, always had one since I've had quite some crashes but none the past 10 years or so.

I hope you can save up to one some day anon. I would love to have pic related (Brough Superior SS100) like Kino, but they're very expensive nowadays.
>>
>>35333335

You have enough money for internet
>>
File: d.png (542KB, 646x646px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
542KB, 646x646px
>have motorcycle, few tattoos, & 6'+
>still a khhv

please tell me I'm not the only person on earth who's like this
>>
>>35334364

Fucking buy a whore for an hour dude
>>
>>35334658
I'd rather buy an onahole.
>>
>>35334364
You probably don't drive a Harley

Harley's are for men, all others are for cunts
>>
>>35331202

Yeah, from time to time. I really like the Kawasaki W650/800. Pic related is close to my dream bike.
>>
>>35335238
You know those are basically for 5'2 80lbs Japs, right?
>>
i want to buy an electric scooter, but everybody is telling me how stupid people on a scooter look
>>
>>35335182
I own a 1200 sportster.
>>
>>35335277
If you're getting it for the look, then listen to them.
If you want it because it's fun or some other reason, don't listen to them.
>>
>>35335272
You're wrong. That's a big bike comparable to the like of Triumph Bonneville etc. It's not an SR400.
>>
File: mz-es-250-2-trophy-02.jpg (91KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
mz-es-250-2-trophy-02.jpg
91KB, 500x361px
>>35331202
Yes but I'm only interested in driving old timers.
I hate sport bikes and modern bikes are just not my thing.
Unfortunately they are really expensive.
>>
>>35335302
i want to use it for the fun and to get to work, because it is cheap. in the months i worked there i have never seen anyone from there on a scooter and i fear i will become 'that guy with the scooter'. maybe they just don't give a fuck but it certainly can be targeted.
>>
>>35335425
scooters can be fun and look great desu i used to have a vespa to commute to uni and i loved that. cheap, reliable and i myself loved how it looked
>>
>>35335351
Look it up on cycle-ergo.com and see for yourself.
>>
>>35335425
you will probably become "that guy with a scooter" if you get a scooter and it isn't common.
If that deters you then don't do it.
>>
File: 1448335783596.jpg (61KB, 431x479px) Image search: [Google]
1448335783596.jpg
61KB, 431x479px
>>35331202
Nah, that's how my old man died.

And even if I wanted to, my family would never stop giving me shit for that.
>>
Gas is going to be one of the smallest expenses to do with motorcycle ownership, unless maybe you buy a huge touring bike.

Little 125-500cc bikes barely use any gas at all.

What'll cost you is maintenance, storage (if you don't have a garage and live in a place with cold, snowy winters), and repairs. MAYBE insurance but that depends on a lot of factors.
>>
File: 1467896141061.png (864KB, 1280x1245px) Image search: [Google]
1467896141061.png
864KB, 1280x1245px
>>35331202
I have a motorcycles and some times it make me anxious.
Especially if I go to a city(I don't know where I'm gonna park and walking around with the helemt and jacket is not very comfortable so it's make me anxious, )
In the summer walking for 2 minutes with the jacket and you sweating.

But as soon as I ride I enjoy and the stress goes.
Or if I ride to a permanent place like work where I can put my stuff and not have to carry with it.

Scotter is more convenient but less fun (150cc +)

>>35334364
I have motorcycle and I', still a kv
>>
>>35331202
Every single fuckin day. I've got a '65 Honda in the garage that needs some serious restoration but I've neither the time nor the means to do it.
>>
File: 1484931443077.png (98KB, 260x314px) Image search: [Google]
1484931443077.png
98KB, 260x314px
>fell for the motorbike meme
>girls don't give a shit about me
>qts that ride don't care about me either because I'm not riding a KAWASAKI SAMURAI NINJA 9001
>>
>>35335425
Only in America people don't love scooters.
250cc scooters are quite big so you be alright.
somthing like x max 250

scooters are much more convenient from a motorcycles
>>
>>35335384
My dads ridden bikes all his life, he didnt get a car untill i was about 10. Hes had various bikes, including a Norton Commando he bought in the 70's. Hes getting old and figured he would stop riding so sold it last year for around 10 times the price he paid for it. Within a couple weeks he got a new bike because he didnt feel right not having one
>>
>>35331202
I always wanted a motorcycle but never been able to afford even the cheapest one. Last year the idea came to my mind once again, and as of today i have enough money to get one (nothing fancy of course). When i couldn't afford it, i wanted it. Now i can afford it but im getting second thoughts. I don't have anything in life so this one fucking time i could do what i always wanted but im still not sure if i should get it or spend the money otherwise.

Try to convince me to buy it or not to buy it.
>>
Make sure to buy a go pro, and drive around like you own the road then get mad and chase people who cut you off, and then upload it to youtube to circlejerk with your new biker friends
>>
>>35335565
>don't have autism
>don't be ugly
>have money (and lots of it)
These are the only things that matter to women. You must be at least 1/3 of the above categories. Chad is all 3, a robot is 1-0.
>>
>>35335819
>>don't have autism
>>don't be ugly

my face is usually hidden under my helmet so how would they know
>>
>>35335610

A 250cc scooter IS a motorcycle. Just a probably automatic one.

Once scooters get above about 150cc they really are basically motorcycles.
>>
>>35335845

You ain't The Stig motherfucker you got to take it off eventually and then they'll know
>>
>>35335882

Cc has nothing to do with it nigger

A motorcycle is a stepover and a scooter is a step in

That's the fucking difference
>>
>>35335845
If you're only using the bike & apparel to attract girls then yes, you need the samurai ninja crotch rocket 9001. Also you have to make the first move with girls.
>>
>>35335776
Just remember man, people in cars fucking HATE bikers and actively try to kill them whenever possible.

And no, you can't call them on their bullshit, because they've already internally justified it. You will forever be the evil scary biker who constantly breakin' da law. Also, you can't drive out in the middle of nowhere and just chill on a bike. Can't fuck on a bike. Can't really eat food on a bike. Rain will suck.

But if you're cool with that, go for it.
>>
>>35331202
>Do you ride?
yes
>How do you like it?
Love it. Whether commuting to work every day or longer rides on weekends I love being on my bike
>What do you ride?
Harley Softail. It's actually larger than what I wanted but got a good deal on it. Some guy traded it in to a Porche dealer. it was 8 years old at the time and had 2,000 miles on it. Porche dealer pawned it off to a local bike dealer and he just wanted to get rid of it. Like I said it was larger than what I was looking for but it was 2,800 less than KBB value so I grabbed it. Appreciate the extra power on the highway.
>>
>>35334364
>please tell me I'm not the only person on earth who's like this
Honestly I don't understand this. I'm a middle-aged married guy, a 5/10 at best and get hit on all the time when I'm on my bike.
>>
>>35333302
What cc was your Virago?
I heard that the XVS250 gets around 80-90mpg and it's a beautiful cruiser so i was thinking of getting one
>>
>>35335479
I dunno what you're on about, m8. It's absolutely fine for a ~5'10" person.
>>
>>35335513
>I have a motorcycles and some times it make me anxious.
>Especially if I go to a city(I don't know where I'm gonna park and walking around with the helemt and jacket is not very comfortable so it's make me anxious, )
>In the summer walking for 2 minutes with the jacket and you sweating.

Dude, they have locks for helmets and jackets for you to lock to your bike so you don't have to carry that shit.
>>
>>35335810
>Make sure to buy a go pro, and drive around like you own the road then get mad and chase people who cut you off, and then upload it to youtube to circlejerk with your new biker friends

As someone who rides I really cringe at some of those clips. Bike riders acting like shitheads and wonder why drivers hate us.

I figure I have to do 10 good deeds (let cars out of side streets, let pedestrians cross, let people merge) for just one act of foolishness by another biker.
>>
>>35336041
I don't understand it either.
It's feels like the universe is playing a cruel joke against me.
>>
>>35336044
>for a ~5'10" person
LOL
O
L
>>
>>35335970
I would use it to get to work, and ride it only in the suburbs or outside the suburbs for enjoyment, not in town.

My only concern is that it will probably rain all fucking summer if i get the bike. Other thing is that i live in a country where i could get 6 months at best with favorable weather and i don't hava a garage to store it during winter.
>>
>>35336214
his real height is 5'8 which is pushing it but not an impossibility bar a little discomfort
>>
>>35336043
My Virago is the 750cc version. It's comfy and has plenty of power, but it's like ~500lbs with gas and bags on it. I haven't dropped it in traffic yet and am scared to; I don't think I could pick it up by myself and the embarrassment would kill me.
>>
File: Helmet Lock 1 Rear View.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Helmet Lock 1 Rear View.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>35336074
Where I live people will touch it or try to steal it probably.
If I can lock it like pic related I will maybe try it when I go to an places that are not so bad.
What does the lock called?, or do I just try to lock the helmets to the little storage under the back seat?
>>
>>35333021
i mean, the CBR 125 and 250 are great starter bikes.
>>
>>35336603
Oh yeah that's heavy, cruisers are heavier than other bikes. The 250 is 300lbs but i'm thinking of putting some bags on it.
Don't mind falling, everyone does at some point and if it happens, no one will remember, especially in the big city.
>>
>tfw no anime waifu to ride bikes with

suffering...
>>
Motorcycles are truly the better option for commuting. If i bought a car it would be a station wagon or something that i can comfily sleep inside with no problems
>>
>>35337001
>Indian
best girl, no doubt about it
>>
File: Chuck.jpg (137KB, 850x625px) Image search: [Google]
Chuck.jpg
137KB, 850x625px
>>35337056

She has impeccable taste
>>
Hey I'm 5'6'' what bike would be decent for me to start on, live in Washington so it does rain quite a bit here if that's relevant information.
>>
>>35337228
cycle-ergo.com
>>
I ride a 350cc dual sport from the 90's. Cheap to buy, cheap insurance, and fuckin reliable. Not many people would go out of their way to steal some poor kid's shitty dual sport. Plus I don't have a proper garage so anything nice would just get ruined in my shed.
I have a driver's + motorcycle license but don't own a car, I just take my motorcycle everywhere. Been riding all winter.

>Is it fun?
Hell yeah. It does fine on pavement, I commute, I ride highway, trails in my state park, random trails through the woods, and it's convenient taking shortcuts around town that cars can't.
>>
>>35337228
also, start with a light and not too powerful bike, check out the /dbt/ on /o/.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.