[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fitness general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (28KB, 223x660px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
28KB, 223x660px
Anyone have any of the fitness images and advice? What exercises and whats everyones diet like?
>Been doing 5 sets of 20 pushups most nights and been doing some running, ran for 15 minutes today
>plz no bully
>>
I do 300 crunches, 100 squats, 30 minute run, 50-100 dips, 20 handstand pushups and I'm gonna get myself a pullup bar soon.
>>
>>35328887
Get a gym membership. Push ups are only good for getting good at doing more push ups. You won't gain any muscle doing them. Then do something like Stronglifts 5x5. Starting Strength sucks. Don't do that

Diet depends on what your goals are. I'd suggest a vegan or vegetarian diet for health reasons and because the amount of protein claimed to be required for building strength and muscle is completely overblown by the supplement industry to make you feel like you NEED to buy protein powder.
>>
>>35329029

Why would SS suck? It works for me, although I could understand someone saying it is too focussed on the bottom half. I am not eating much meat for my own reasons, but isnt it "Eat tons of it if you are OK with that" usually if you start training?
>>
>>35328887

What are you goals?

Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to get big?
>>
>>35329887
>No upper back movements
>No shoulder work but bench works front delts!!!!!!!
>5x5 big three in one session is retarded, especially once you start putting weight on
>it takes forever to do
>i fucking hate mark rippetoe

So yeah. Stronglifts all the way.
>>
Don't follow meme infographics.

If you want to get fit doing body weight go leddit /r/bodyweight and look at their FAQ.
If you can muster up the courage to get a gym membership go hit up the sticky on /fit. Also read the /fit/ sticky for general advice on how to lose weight and all that shit.

Also daily reminder to do mobility and flexibility work.
>>
File: 1483720493879.gif (2MB, 245x308px) Image search: [Google]
1483720493879.gif
2MB, 245x308px
>fit meme
how do you develop fitness goals anyway
i dont want to be fat but my goals kinda stop there.
>>
>>35330184
https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
btw, do i really have to wait a day inbetween? my work schedule doesn't really allow for me to do this.
>>
>>35330215
>My work schedule doesn't allow me to do this

What the fuck? How does your work schedule not allow you to take a day off? Yes the day off is important. It gives you time to recover. Even if you think you FEEL fine your body still needs that recovery period. Otherwise you're going to be in all sorts of DOMS related pain, you're going to burn out, lose motivation, risk injury and plateau early.
>>
File: 1468877908186.jpg (125KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468877908186.jpg
125KB, 766x960px
>>35328887
>tfw you cant even do 5 push-ups
>>
I've heard that it's impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I'm lifting, running and dieting. Am I hampering myself by this approach? My first goal is to lose fat but obviously I want to replace it.
>>
>>35330184
Losing fat is your fitness goal then. Don't over think it. You'll probably end up wanting to get bigger or stronger once you start lifting. It's addicting to hit new numbers and watch your body change.

>>35330278
You'll never be able to do more than 5 push-ups if you don't start trying anon. Just do 1-4 push-ups and build from there. I had a friend who couldn't do three push ups. Now he benches 75kg.
>>
>>35330278
Are you a hungry skeleton, or fat? Either way it must be pretty extreme. That or female.
>>
>>35330285
I don't believe it to be true. I've noticed that I'm gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time but there are several caveats. I started at as "obese" according to BMI because of alcoholism and I lifted quite often when I was younger and thus had some starting strength and muscle memory. Also this is just my anecdote so take it as you will.
>>
>>35330307
We're actually very comparable then, although my starting point was a BMI of 28 rather than 30+. Two months sober atm
>>
>>35330301
I'm fat. Currently at 116 kg at 182 cm height.
>>
>>35330238
i work 4 days a week 10 hours a day. realistically i get home at 7pm ish.
i cant go early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
>>
>10 push ups spanning over two days
>better have a rest day
this graph is for women anon
>>
>>35330347
>>35330238
nvm i figured it out, will kinda suck though, but i guess ill manage.
>>
>>35330327
My BMI was 29.4 or something. I just say I was obese given how close I was to the 30 mark. Grats on being sober bro. I keep relapsing because of stress and weakness. Although I'm massively better than I used to be. Hope shit works out for you.

>>35330347
Can you go at night? It only takes 45 minutes to complete a workout. Have a coffee or energy drink, smash it out and fall asleep. If time really is prohibitive then maybe Starting Strength would be better for you even though I think it's a shittier program.
>>
File: 1485559230595.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485559230595.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>35330384
nah i figured it out
thanks though senpai.
will i be able to do this alone though?
>>
>>35330399
Yes if your gym has a squat rack, power rack or half rack. Just set up the safety pins. All that you'd have to worry about then is form and keeping your back straight on the squat and deadlift.
>>
>>35330338
It's more understandable that you'd struggle given how much you weigh. That in mind, flip over and do chest presses instead.

>>35330384
I know where you're coming from. I can feel a relapse coming on but I hope to contain it. Good luck to you too.
>>
>>35329917
Lose weight I guess
>103 kgs at 184cm
>>
>>35330489
Assuming you're about 23 and sedentary download MyFitnessPal and eat 2,000 calories a day. Get a gym membership. Cardio bunny 500 calories a day. You'll lose a kilo a week.
>>
>>35328932
>300 crunches
You realize that does way more bad than good right? If you want to work out abs better and safer do leg raises. Hanging leg raises from a pull up bar are great, but from a dip bar is fine.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.