[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the Christian mythology I think the Devil is the good guy,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

In the Christian mythology I think the Devil is the good guy, who agrees with me?
>>
>>35327618
Depends on your perspective of good, the snake just wanted to share knowledge.
>>
>>35327618
just because you identify with him doesn't mean he's the good guy
>>
>>35327618
hes a faggot get fucked m8
>>
>>35327618
Wrong. God's got it set up so people who believe the right things and are repentant about being pieces of shit can go to heaven. Satan's goal is to drag people to Hell and if he won the conflict with God, everyone goes to Hell. No exceptions.
>>
>>35327639
Yeah, I agree.

>>35327644
I think it does, I'm not evil.

>>35327735
Satan want us to rebellion against god, and I think that's a fair thing to ask considering god appears to be unjust. Worshiping god is not "the right thing".
>>
>>35327618
>Christian mythology
a well manipulated scripture

>>35327735
>No exceptions
true. even the satan himself

>>35327772
>god appears to be unjust
the opposite

when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I am going to create a human being from clay.So when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul, then fall down to him in prostration."So the angels prostrated - all of them entirely.Except Iblees; he was arrogant and became among the disbelievers.[ Allah ] said, "O Iblees, what prevented you from prostrating to that which I created with My hands? Were you arrogant [then], or were you [already] among the haughty?"He said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."[ Allah ] said, "Then get out of Paradise, for indeed, you are expelled.And indeed, upon you is My curse until the Day of Recompense."He said, "My Lord, then reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."[ Allah ] said, "So indeed, you are of those reprieved Until the Day of the time well-known." [Iblees] said, "By your might, I will surely mislead them all Except, among them, Your chosen servants." [ Allah ] said, "The truth [is My oath], and the truth I say - [That] I will surely fill Hell with you and those of them that follow you all together."

And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."
>>
>>35327618
God = evil + good
Devil = evil

it's pretty easy to understand once you can accept that god doesn't have to be good just because you want him to be
>>
>>35327618
The devil enlarged our reflection by getting the evil intp the thought process.

Before adam sined, humans could only come up with "good" thoughts. After he sined, human thought process got enlarged and thus corrupted.

For example, imagine you have a debt to pay. Before adam sined, you would only be able to think of "i have to pay my debt by working" "i will try to negociate the debt delay "i will repay you by working".
When adam sined, our thought process got enlarged and thus corrupted "if i kill him, there will be no debt to pay" "i will get him a bad reputation so i won't repay" "i will leave this place because fuck him" "i won't repay you, you got a problem with that? Come and fight me" "i will poison him so i won't repay my debt" ....

The good and the bad are a matter of individual perception
>>
>>35328111
it's called the tree of "knowledge of good and evil" for a reason. because of original sin, we have a dual nature, as opposed to only being good natured as you mentioned.
we were able to process morality as a more complex system afterwards, hence the "knowledge" part.
from this comes the idea of subjective morality
>>
>offers knowledge and freedom to an otherwise subjugated pet race of a tyrannical deity
>when humans advance so far technologically that they're able to construct monolithic buildings rivaling gods, said deity destroys their tower and divides them by languages forever
>said deity treats humans like literal meaningless insects, worshipers akin to stockholm syndrome
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>35327618
Why doesn't God just stop Satan?
>>
>>35327618

Why? Because you read Anton LeVey satanism faggot?
>>
>I think the Devil is the good guy, who agrees with me
edgy teens
>>
>>35328364

He does. He fucks up Satan and Death in the book of revelation which is in the future.
>>
>>35328364
imagine life like a grand story
would a story be very interesting without an antagonist and a final showdown?
it's all controlled, nothing happens anywhere ever without God wanting it to, and all the little details are far beyond human comprehension
>>
>>35328410
>He fucks up Satan and Death in the book of revelation which is in the future
Do ppl still wonder why it's hard to take religion seriously?
>>
>>35328410
how do I get to that part
>>
>>35327618
Satan is God's controlled opposition, a mad dog to feed us too if we don't voluntarily choose Him to ensure we can never find happiness without Him.
>>
>>35328415
>christian fanfic
>>
>>35328447

Revelation 20:14 and Revelation 20:10
>>
>>35328427

idk but if you tip your fedora enough times you'll be euphoric without it
>>
>>35328489
well i am a fantasy writer hobbyist
it's just how i envision things and make sense of things
>>
>>35328524
>idk but if you tip your fedora enough times you'll be euphoric without it
I don't want to be this guy, but did you switch thoughts halfway thru typing that?
>>
>>35328491
no not with your gay little kindle meme, like for real
>>
>>35328550
No offense meant.
>>
Your average Christian is a cuck who would give his wife, daughter and qt son's boypussy to a rapefugee. Satanism promotes love for only four those who deserve it.
>>
>>35327618
In my mythology your god is my devil
>>
Christians should start actually reading the Bible. If you even get to the new testament without seriously doubting nearly everything you have read thus far you are clinically retarded.

t. deconverted Christian (New apostolic Church)
>>
>>35328559
Everyone is deserving of love you retarded fuck, God forgives infinitely and wanted each and everyone of us to exist, enjoy burning in hell you arrogant beast
>>
>>35328556

>>35328556

>Drink bleach
>Die
>Wake up when the book of revelations take place
>Witness Satan drown in the pool of fire
>>
>>35328557
none taken lol
i'm not some pansy anon cmon

>>35328567
Old Testament is Jewish fables, i can't take it that seriously.
looking on the story of Moses specifically, it seems like (to me) an egyptian noble led a slave revolt, used various pre-existing tales and their successful escape as a form of ethnogenisis, and built the Jewish people from there. They were God's chosen people because they were the poor, the rejected, the enslaved and mistreated.
Jews took this the wrong way and used it to exploit their way through history, making everyone hate them and violating their covenant time and time again
>>
>>35328629

this.

>>35328556

better start drinking that bleach faggot
>>
>>35328567
TITUS
Get the cross oregano
>>
>>35328252
Don't forget that heaven is literally being granted eternal life to praise god. You will spend eternity doing that to stroke his ego. So whether you get heaven or hell it's going to suck. The only good ending is oblivion which I really hope is what happens.
>>
>>35328364
Because it's bullshit. It's like in a game where the story is about fulfilling some grand divine ritual to save the world with all these different magical items and shit. There's no reason for any of that. An omnipotent being would have no reason to set up some long ass scheme to be fulfilled. If anything the reason is that it's all just a game for its entertainment, in which case that is the ultimate cruelty that nothing can match.
>>
>>35328608
Now now anon, judgement and wrath are god's privilege and his alone. You had better go seek forgiveness for that harsh comment.
>>
>>35328808
>An omnipotent being would have no reason to set up some long ass scheme to be fulfilled.

Maybe God is autistic
>>
>>35328840
maybe autistic people are actually gods chosen
>>
God created the devil so he could have a foil and create a good story so people could worship him. God introduced evil and suffering into the world. Satan was programmed to be "evil" but knowledge isn't even bad

t. Confused Christian
>>
>>35327618
What if they're both the bad guys, hmmm?
Really gets that noggin' joggin'
>>
>>35328864
so god is the original narcissist?
>>
>>35328937
>created an angelic choir to attend his throne and sing songs of praise to him for all eternity
>their sole duty is to praise the lord
>forever

Really jiggles the dome flan.
>>
>>35327618
The Devil agrees with you.
>>
File: 76968.jpg (19KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
76968.jpg
19KB, 575x323px
>>35328491
>Revelation 20:10
>And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Huh, wait! so the devil was cast into what amounts to a jacuzzi (for him) with his bro, death, to spend the rest of his days chilling at home in damnation.

doesn't sound like God won at all.
>>
File: OItnWGv.png.jpg (42KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
OItnWGv.png.jpg
42KB, 480x270px
>>35327618
>ln the Christian mythology I think the Devil is the good guy, who agrees with me?
>>
>>35328559
Who are these only four (4) people who deserve love?
>>
Eastern orthodoxy theologician itt. Started considering devil as animal nature of human being and not a person. Personaly i think tale about devil is a myth, that telling us not to do sinful things and do good shit
>>
>>35329382
the idea of hell as a burning pit is an invention of artists and poets from the medieval/renaissance era
>>
>>35327618
No Satan is the bad guy.
Consciousness is a horrible burden that no other organism has to bear. He gave us the knowledge of the self, which ultimately led to everything bad in society today.
All the suffering and evil comes from the knowledge that we exist and will one day perish, for if we were unaware of this we could be just like nature's (or God's if you want to call it that) other creatures who are honest about and 100% in sync with their desires.
Greed is the only thing that has a right to exist in this world, and all other animals follow what their instincts tell them, while we try to look for meaning where there is none instead of unapologetically taking what we want and have the capacity to get.
>>
>>35327618
in many modern stories he would be the rebel fighting the powerful overlord
sauce of the pic?
>>
File: 1488673425102.jpg (153KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1488673425102.jpg
153KB, 495x495px
>>35327618
Yes, because destroying your soul to make a point is good.
>>
>>35330507
Do you have a source for that image? It's pretty cool.
>>
Satan is just a tool for the Lord prove us with temptations
>>
>>35328068
The devil punishes bad guys
So how is that bad?
If the devil is evil then why is he hurting evil people and not aiding them?
>>
>>35331475
He also goes out of his way to actively make people commit stuff that will get them sent to hell, so I'm pretty sure he gets off on torture
>>
>>35327618
Not really. Unless you're into some obscure ,lversion of gnosticism where the devil is a good guy, or maybe Christian Satanism, if that exists, Christianity makes the devil an evil being.

On the other hand, I think Judaism just makes the devil a guy who collects bad people, but he isn't actually evil.
>>
>>35327639
Knowledge of good and evil. Emphasis is placed on the "and evil". Prior to eating from the tree humans were immortal and only knew good. With the knowledge of evil came mortality, war, famine, disease, every bad thing imaginable. You're retarded and need better reading comprehension.
>>
>>35330159
Berserk. I'll only spoonfeed you because it's basically the best chinese scribble ever.
>>
>ITT lawfags and edgy chaosfags
>>
>>35331814
In the first place, couldn't have god make the tree hidden? Hell, if he were omniscient, he would've seen this coming.

Well, god probably exists because there can be no thing formed from nothing. But then again, who made god?

Well, assuming there's a rational explanation for that, god's probably not the omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent being christians think he is, but he's probably a flawed character, given the existence of evil.

Unless, of course, in his perspective, there is no difference between good, evil, pain, pleasure, and that he only thinks that as long as an organism has a subjective conscious experience, it's a-okay. Maybe he just transcends good and evil.

In summary, the Christian interpretation of god is flawed, but other interpretations which at least make him not understand morality, or it not mattering to him, seem feasible if we solve the problem of god having being caused to exist out of thin air.
>>
>>35328427
A retard incapable of expressing an idea != a flawed idea. Go tip your fedora in another thread.
>>
>>35331814
>humans were immortal
False. They didn't know death. There was a tree of life they didn't eat from.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.