[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /aloof/ here? Has it helped you get girls?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: sc.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
who /aloof/ here?

Has it helped you get girls?
>>
>>35325897
No it made me look like a retard and I got made fun of for it. If you're ugly people will see you as an autist, if you're attractive people will think you're alpha and don't give a fuck.
>>
>>35325897
I'm, by my very nature, aloof. In the past, people have asked if I'm that way in order to get girls. It's not, it's just a coping mechanism because I'm too autistic to gracefully navigate most interactions, but that's not important, here; the perception is. I come across as very austere, stoic, and aloof.

I have had I want to say four girls interested in me in the past, but I was too socially stunted to pick up any of them at the time. I don't think it was due to aloofness, though. Additionally, as they interact with me, I do something wrong or offend them in some way, and they lose interest. Girls aren't exactly beating down my door.
>>
I have a resting asshole face. This combined with having an aloof personality is awful and makes me seem extremely unapproachable. On the plus side since 99% of people wont try to talk to me it works out in my favor when I want to be left alone.
>>
>>35325897

No, it hindered me.
I'm so aloof that I ignore girls who obviously like me and then hate myself for it later.
I'm nice when people talk to me but I never say much and I never speak first.
>>
>>35325897
No, it just made it seem like a was a grumpy shit who didn't really want to talk, which I was.
>>
>>35325897
A girl ahead of me in line at Taco Bell was smiling and staring at me, today. Unless a girl does that, I don't know what they're thinking or feeling.

I don't believe in love though, so it would've been foolish to engage.
>>
>>35325897
what kind of ridiculous question

>has avoiding people and being cold and distant helped you in social situations?
Hmmm, i fucking wonder einstein.
>>
>>35325897
No. It's made me come off as being distant and cold so people don't talk to me.
>>
>>35326465
Are you me senpai? I have had the exact same issue, I can't initiate conversations but can hold interesting ones if I make sure it's a topic that I know and like. I attract the crazy 'quirky' extroverts who I want nothing to do with though
>>
>>35326465
>>35326798
This is exactly me, except I'm gay
I don't talk much unless it's about something I'm interested in and for some reason extroverts more often than not love me.
>>
File: cap.jpg (27KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
27KB, 326x326px
>>35325897
I was aloof all throughout grade school, not really intentionally.

>Eighth grade, a girl asks me if I'm gay
>tell her no, ask her what made her think that
"Well anon, you've never kissed a girl!"
>reply, "so, never had a girl I wanted to kiss"
"o-oh anon..."
>she walks away
>think nothing of it until several years later and realized it was probably just a girl who was bad at flirting

>senior year of high school
>girl walks up to me in band class, before the teacher got there
"You're pretty chill and quiet, anon"
>"hmm... I suppose so"
"Say... you going to senior prom?"
>"haHAA, fuck no"
"Oh, why not?"
>"I don't do that bullshit, I don't think I'd like it"
"But shouldn't you try it before you write it off?"
>"Nah, I know me, I don't like stuff like that"
>teacher walks into the room, girl speedwalks back to her seat
>later my dad asks me if I'm going to prom
>tell him no
>he asks if any girls have talked to me about prom
>start to say no but remember that one girl
>dad tells me that I should go talk to her, it would probably make her really happy
>ask him what he means
>explains that she was basically trying to get me to ask her to prom
>realize I'm fucking autistic
>end up being too scared to ever talk to her again
>>
>think girl said something to you
>assume she didn't

>feel girl looking at you
>assume she isn't
>>
There's aloof, and there's oblivious.
>>
>>35326798

>I attract the crazy "quirky" extroverts

Holy this.
I'm quiet and it seems like only extreme extroverts take an interest in me.
It's like they think it's their personal mission to get me out of my shell and they become relentless.
>>
File: 1488693407216.png (657KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1488693407216.png
657KB, 666x666px
I blatantly try to stay away from people, but am very nice about the fact that I would much rather stare at my phone. There's actually a way to do this and it works out nicely, people truly understand. At work I spend literally all my free time alone, and when I'm not at work I never leave the house except for necessities.
>>
>>35326498

>foolish to engage
>>
>>35325897
i'm aloof most of the time in public and no it doesnt help you get girls
maybe if you're literally chad or something but for the other 99% of the population no
>>
How do aloof people behave?
I force myself to seem concerned and interested when other people talk to me because they'd probably be offended if I acted naturally.
>>
>>35325897
No, it just helped me get stalked and obsessed by crazy bitches
>>
File: 1488416526334.jpg (48KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1488416526334.jpg
48KB, 479x479px
No. Only works in anime. Do not be aloof
>>
>>35328646

You just live in your own world, never interacting with anyone unless its necessary.
>>
I was aloof throughout high school and apparently people thought i was cool and attractive. Problem was that I had no idea since i didn't talk to girls, so I've found out afterwards which sucks even more, to know what you could have had.
>>
>>35328670
I do that but I thought I was just coming off as beta.
>>
>>35328677
Oh, and apparently i was also intimidating, not in a physical sense but because i had a sharp tongue.
>>
>>35325897
>who /aloof/ here?
all my life

>Has it helped you get girls?
no?

throughout high school people seemed to think i was a huge stoner because i was always lost in my head and "laid back". in actuality, i never smoked any weed.
>>
>>35328691

It depends on how you look.

>>35328723
>throughout high school people seemed to think i was a huge stoner because i was always lost in my head and "laid back". in actuality, i never smoked any weed.

same, didn't toke until after I dropped out.
>>
>>35328734
>It depends on how you look.
I'm the very definition of average
>>
>>35328744

Then some fat weird girls probably thought you were mysterious and shit.

Qts were probably glad/surprised you didn't give them attention.
>>
>>35328791
I remember a cute blonde girl in my class having (or feigning?) interest in me back in senior year of high school
She was one of those super extroverted annoying cunts who think that a person who doesn't talk all the time has something to hide
She always made sexual comments and innuendos about me but I never tried anything because she was annoying as fuck
Strangely though even though she was the cutest girl in the class, none of the others seemed interested in me.
>>
>>35325897
nah, it makes me come across as sort of arrogant and difficult to approach

it's more because i'm just an awkward fag who prefers silence since it's simpler and less likely to betray how much of a boring cunt i am

i've had girls clearly like me then lose interest since they felt they couldn't approach me and i never initiated shit with them

others have approached, but i must leave them feeling pretty defeated since i don't have the decency to hold up my end of a convo

i've also literally been called 'mysterious', which always kind of makes me laugh knowing how robots feel about that

maybe a few years ago i could have put it down to just being oblivious and terrible at reading signs, but i don't know if you can keep using that excuse as you get older
>>
>>35328837
>I remember a cute blonde girl in my class having (or feigning?) interest in me back in senior year of high school

It can be hard to tell what their intentions are, I just assumed they only spoke to me because I was dripping weird.

>>35328845

>i've also literally been called 'mysterious', which always kind of makes me laugh knowing how robots feel about that

same, girls are so dumb.
>>
>>35325897
ALOOF is the wrong word

Too many of you smug assholes don't know how to be aloof without coming across as being pompous

SELF CONFIDENCE is different than aloofness

End of story

And YES, I have been laid more than all of you put together squared
>>
PAY ATTENTION, DUMBASSES

in Hollywood, there are a ton of actors who are ugly as shit, but girls find them irresistible

I can name some off, but why waste my time ? You each know what I'm talking about

SO IVE JUST DEBUNKED THE 'UGLINESS THEORY'

next subject : self defeatism

Half of you say shit like 'I don't believe in love'

STOP SELF DEFEATING, IDIOTS
>>
>>35328981
looks money status

lol at you cuck
>>
I act this way in public to help me function in some sort of normal way and deal with anxiety. I probably look like a retarded asshole, but at least it allows me to go outside.
>>
>>35328981
yo Johnny, still alive?
>>
>>35328933
0 squared = 0
>>
>>35325897
In my case it seems to make me unapproachable/intimidating. I think it's because I'm 6'5", fit, and have a beard.

I can't really help it, though, I'm always just lost in my head thinking about something, other people barely register on my radar, especially when they're talking about something I find boring. When I'm at work I'm always just walking around focusing on whatever I need to do next, planning out the most efficient way to get it all done in a timely fashion, and then people mostly just seem like obstacles to me.

It does work on some girls, though. If you have the right look they'll think you're some kind of "troubled badass" even though I'm really just thinking about my next fort in Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>Be an awkward motherfucker.
>Be intimidated by any girl too cute for my taste who is in my vicinity.
>React in the most uncaring way possible towards female advances
>Lucky enough to be attractive, take care of my appearance and am Charismatic enough to attract female attention.
>Not a social sperg, Just SUPER intimidated by attractive girls.
>When a girl hit on me, I would just have the worst panic attacks in my mind and would proceed to leave smoothly.
>This one girl is hitting on me nonstop for a year.
>Keep closing the door in her face, feel like the worst virginal fuck in existence.
>Tell myself "good job, virgin, you couldn't make it more obvious that you're a fucking virginal mong to girls"
>feel mega insecure
>eventually give in to her advance
>tell her I'm a virgin before we fuck
>Apparently I just appeared nonchalant as fuck and she was convinced I was turning her down because I was too chad for her
>what the fuck dude! I'm a fuckung virginal sperg, not a fucking chad!
>apparently, it was obvious I had little in terms of courtship experience by how hard it is for me to make a move, but she was sure I was not a virgin
>fucked her 3 times and the sex was supposedly pretty damn good.
>Thought I was a robot for years, apparently just a late blooming chad.

I'm sorry, now I'll leave.
>>
File: 1482296245919.png (415KB, 661x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482296245919.png
415KB, 661x600px
I am aloof because of a combination of literal autism and peer rejection dysfunctional family etc

I overheard girls in my college class "all of the guys in this class are ugh, esp him what's wrong with him?" when i was the only guy from that class in the same hallway so it obs doesn't make me look cool

They did try to talk to me tho sometimes girls (rarely but sometimes and it always seems to be multiple a day at once then nothing) will hit on me sit next to me on the bus and try to flirt with me say I'm 'interesting' but ill always just disappoint above who gives me a chance through my inability to love
>>
I do it so women will leave me alone (not like any would talk to me anyway lol). But the thought of some girl trying to fuck me makes me depressed. The thought of being with a girl that isn't a virgin makes me depressed in general. Chances of a virgin female talking to me are essentially zero, especially now (I'm 27), so I just want to push all of them away and die alone.
>>
>6'2
>usually wear all black
>aloof
>resting asshole face

I really want friends and a gf but nobody approaches me and I'm too autistic to approach them
>>
>>35329459
wew lad
good bye
please don't forget about us
>>
File: IMG_0733.jpg (59KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0733.jpg
59KB, 500x399px
I mostly attract annoying "lolsorandumb" chicks who think they'll be some kind of pixie dreamgirl who will bring out my "soft side" because they're just sooo special.

Or quiet chicks who think I'm a fuckin vampire or some other edgy shit.

You can't win.
>>
>>35329586

I won't

I was years in the making, but I shared feelswith you guys.

If it can make you feel better, I lost my v at 27.
>>
I tend to be aloof among people I don't know which I think is generally pretty natural. I don't really go out of my way to be friendly.

I think I'm friendly enough in 1-on-1 situations or in a small group with someone I already know.
>>
>>35327777
witnessed
I had this to some extent in high school, but my pizzaface made it manageable.
I don't have a pizzaface anymore, but now that I'm not forced to be among the same group of people daily it doesn't really happen at all, besides a few weird encounters with girls who strike up autistic conversations with me at mcdonalds or whatever. REEEEEEE what the fuck am I supposed to say to "I like your shirt xd" and "hey that *food item* is my favorite :3"
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.