[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did people first start associating fedoras with atheists?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 147258.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
147258.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
How did people first start associating fedoras with atheists? Was it placed by christfags or was there actually a famous atheist with a fedora obsession?
>>
>>35325548
Fedoralord
>redditor
>beta
>nice guy
>atheist
>feminist
Basically a nu-male
>>
It's based on anecdotal evidence, but in my experience it holds true. Literally everybody I know who owns a fedora is/was a self righteous uphisownass atheist
>>
I used to troll on Y!A and an atheist there unironically said *tips panama* after his long rant about Christians in my inbox.

This was back in 2009
>>
>>35325581
>using beta as an insult on /r9k/
>>>/facebook/
>>
File: 1488570833573.jpg (117KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488570833573.jpg
117KB, 384x384px
>>35325548
There was a high correlation between self-pronounced teen or early twenties fedora wearers and vocal atheism. It's one of those things everybody notices, then somebody points out, and it picks up steam from there. It's like college girls wearing Ugg boots and yoga pants in the winter.

Social media largely gave these enlightened gentleman a platform to speak of their atheism, and often they'd have a fedora atop their greasy heads of hair.
>>
i'm pretty sure it has something to do with the atheism board on reddit
>>
File: 1488607322329.png (64KB, 887x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1488607322329.png
64KB, 887x1240px
>>35325581

>LE BEING ATHEIST IS PEACEFUL GUYSSS
>>
>>35325608
t. Triggered beta
>>
If you don't like someones belief just devalue the person speaking it by calling them a virgin/edgy/basement dweller.

Trumptards are the new fedoras.
>>
>>35325624
>implying I didn't make that clear in my first post
t. retard
>>
>>35325548
Have you really never met or even seen one of the stereotypical fedora-wearing atheists?
>>
File: aalewis.png (179KB, 1134x328px) Image search: [Google]
aalewis.png
179KB, 1134x328px
I remember this meme exploding back in 2013, that definitely had something to do with it.
>inb4 gb2reddit
The memes were on 4chan too
>>
File: fips tedora.jpg (15KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
fips tedora.jpg
15KB, 231x244px
>tell Atheist I'm a mind-body Dualist
>Watch him have a sperg attack

Kek
>>
>>35325680
>criticizes the opposition for using ad hominem tactics
>does the same thing in the very next line
Okie dokie
>>
>>35325696
are you trying to imply i would ever leave my fucking basement?
>>
oh shit, i can remember 4chan before the fedora meme.

basically, it started when people started catching pics of these anime, MLP conventions.

you noticed one pattern: nerdy as fuck white guys wearing fedoras. usually also new balances. then somewhere along the line we discovered a lot of them were autists, so the autism meme came.
it just snowballed from there.

it was cool in the beginning, because you'd just see a thread with only a pic of a group of people, then someone would reply with the fedora circled.
>>
>>35325722
god damn that gets me wet
>>
>>35326793

No, I'm just saying people use the fact that a portion of his supporters are basement dwellers to win arguments.

>you live in your moms basement, you must be wrong

>you're fat and wear a fedora poorly, god must exist
>>
>>35325608
years ago, moot renamed this board "/r9k/ - beta as fuck" in reference to the massive amount of people saying the phrase "beta as fuck." it was the old-timey meme equivalent of >tfw no gf in terms of prominence. also, everyone here is beta as fuck (and likewise knows that feel when no gf).

it's actually kind of interesting how people dropped the whole "alpha/beta" thing for the most part in lieu of a new vocabulary... stuff like "chad," "cuck," "nu-male," any word pertaining to autism...

just kind of interesting how word choice has changed over time here
>>
can the fedora ever recover?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.