[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing comfier than night flight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: you_dont_get_to_bring_friends.jpg (348KB, 3000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
you_dont_get_to_bring_friends.jpg
348KB, 3000x1996px
As a pilot I can attest to fact that solo night flying in the fall/winter, when the world below is asleep and you have a nice thermos of coffee and maybe a sandwich wrapped in wax paper is one of the comfiest feelings in the world. It's even better if there's recently been a snowstorm.

Of course to hold a license you must be cleared of all mental illnesses, so unless you have carefully avoided psychiatric evaluation you will never experience this.
>>
Helicopter pilot or something else?
>>
Man, chilling outside at night watching planes fly over is honestly the most comfy thing. If it's a cool,serene night, I'd just chill outside and take a nap. Watch the skies, drink some tea or something, get a blanket and a pillow to sit on, then nap.
>>
>>35324721
>know im fucked up but avoided any tests for reasons like this
You cant do shit if they know you're psycho
Don't know why you guys are so determined to get disgnosed it doesn't even help.
>medicine
Lmao
>>
>>35324807
Small, single engined plane pilot. It's my hobby, not my job.
>>
>>35324721

Is that a new screenshot from GTA 6?
>>
>>35324721
>ywn carpet bomb a city at 2AM
>>
>>35324852
No it's from somebody's youtube video of them flying at night. It's a Cessna cockpit.
>>
Hope you have a piss jug when youre up there. also sailing is way more comfy than flying.
>>
>>35324721
How hard is it to get a pilots liscense, anon?
I'm hoping to become an airline pilot or something similar.
>>
>>35324907
Private pilot's license like me? Fairly straightforward, costs about $8000.

Commercial/Air Transport pilot's license to fly for the airlines? Very rigorous, easily $75,000+ (but you can get student loans). Equivalent of going to college and getting a STEM degree in terms of difficulty. Plus you get medically evaluated every six months. You don't have to be fit but you can't be grossly unhealthy. Need good eyesight, good mental health, average to good blood pressure, etc.
>>
>>35324956
>Need good eyesight
Does wearing glasses to make my eyesight good constitute as good eyesight?
>>
>>35324889
I sail too. I've never pleasure sailed, just 420cm yacht racing, so it's too intense to really enjoy. I'd imagine being out on a cabin boat in the ocean or big lake is fucking wonderful, but flying is easier to go do on a whim for stress relief, just drive to the airport,check the weather, fuel up, preflight and go up for a couple hours.
>>
>>35324986
If your vision can be corrected to 20/20 with eyeglasses you are good to go. You also can't be severely colorblind.
>>
>>35325026
Alright then, I'm fine there.
How many years would it take to get the commercial license? I would assume at least a bachelors/associates degree.
>>
>>35325058
You used to be able to get there by doing an associates' length program, but the Colgan Air crash made them tighten the standards, so now its four year programs only. There are dedicated schools for it, but a lot of people recommend going to a state college that has a flight training program. If you to dedicated flight school it will be like 90% male and have an almost military atmosphere, whereas a college that has a program in addition to other academics gives you a chance at the "college experience."
>>
>>35325003
>420cm yacht racing
like 420, the youth dinghy?

i crew on one of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_Metre_(keelboat)
>>
>>35325176
Yes, I live in middle America, that about as good as it get's out here unless you're on the great lakes.
>>
>>35324721
Wow... that actually sounds like an comfy job
>>
>>35325003
hm having a boat with a cabin with access to an ocean sounds so nice, with today's navigation technology I guess you could just go a little bit outside, then let yourself go with flow for a few days living the comfy isolation life for a few days, then go back no problemo

question is how hard it is actually to do this, and whether you also need all kind of shit licenses to do this... never heard of that though and it seems less likely since you're only endangering yourself and not others in contrast to flying

damn it sounds good, brings up some living-on-a-boat ideas again too
>>
>>35324721
Pretty close to getting my PPL for gliders.

Was going to put it on my resume but I pretty much stopped doing school work so I burned all of those bridges...

At least I'll have the license right
>>
>>35325188
should try 29er/49er if you want a real thrill
>>
>>35325430
The club I sail with now is too poor to keep the 420's truly seaworthy, but I would like to try something faster if I ever by a boat of my own.
>>
>>35325108
>>35325058
Nah there's plenty 141 schools that can get you a commercial license in about a year, at least with Helicopters. The caveat is that you have to work as an instructor for a few years before you can get a real job. This is due to insurance companies requiring certain minimum hours. Usually the only company that will hire you will be the school you graduated from or if you're lucky another school. As long as you go to a school that has consistent numbers of students or growth you should be okay.There's a difference between a private flight school and a 4 year university. Alot of flight schools allow you to use your gi bill and if you have decent credit alot of people use sallie Mae to get a loan.
>>
>>35325743
You're right but he wants to be an air transport pilot specifically, and 4 year programs are better for that if you don't want to instruct.
>>
Anon u dummy I can't even drive of course I'm not going to fly a plane, regardless of my mental health conditions.
>>
>>35325766
>>35325743
Thanks anons, this helps a lot. And yes, I do want to be an airline pilot, not a helicopter pilot
>>
>>35325979
It's not that hard. You just have to embrace the risk of death
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.