[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw too emotionally sensitive to use tinder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: tinder.png (347KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tinder.png
347KB, 800x450px
considering making a tinder account, but i feel anxious and scared de$u

it just seems so convoluted and weird, the hookup culture of the app makes me feel like there is nothing pure or emotional or romantic that could possibly come of it, just shallow people texting each other for sex

I've been craving affection and a gf and whatnot pretty badly as of late but i feel like it would be very difficult for me to enjoy intimacy with someone I'm not deeply familiar with and trust, though on the other hand there's almost no opportunity for social interaction in my day-to-day life, and my complete inability to expose myself to my peers is driving me crazy so tinder seems like the only option

I'm decent looking and tall, and have a decent personality (dare I say, girls enjoy my company/conversation etc.), but mental health issues prevent me from having a good social life/meeting people

I had a magical "young love" gig going with a 9.5/10 virgin qt for the last two years of high school so maybe my perception of "love" and relationships is skewed but it just all feels so dirty and vain idek

any other failed normies feel similarly? how 2 get over this feel?
>>
There might be people who are just like you who use it too. The only way to change the way it's used is to use it differently yourself! If everyone who's like you chooses not to sign up because they doubt that anyone else like them will use it, then of course no one who's suitable for you will be on it.

>I've been craving affection and a gf and whatnot pretty badly as of late but i feel like it would be very difficult for me to enjoy intimacy with someone I'm not deeply familiar with and trust, though on the other hand there's almost no opportunity for social interaction in my day-to-day life, and my complete inability to expose myself to my peers is driving me crazy so tinder seems like the only option
feels
>>
File: bhb.jpg (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
bhb.jpg
13KB, 220x220px
>>35321364
thanx pal maybe I'll just take some photos with my cat and make my bio "I hate myself and I want to die" and my dream gf will see my profile and think "wow what a cool and radical dude" and then we'll meet and i'll kiss her soft neck
>>
>>35321593
pic related as shit, good taste OP
>>
>>35321291
>emotionally sensitive
>on 4chan

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WHAT HTE HA HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAA A AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAOOHOHOHAHAHAHAHOHOHHOOHOHAHAHAHAHAHAHEEEHEHEHEEHUHUHUHAHAH.
>>
>>35321291
I know your feels. I no longer use tinder. There used to be better odds but now it's fucking ridiculous and hurts my self esteem. I've stopped dating more or less.
>>
File: Tumblr Toad Facebook Frog.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr Toad Facebook Frog.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>35321291
Off my board normie scum.
>>
>>35321593
w-well you have nothing to lose r-right?
>>
File: brats.jpg (71KB, 820x445px) Image search: [Google]
brats.jpg
71KB, 820x445px
>>35321713
idk how those are mutually exclusive, especially on this board

who else /angry cry/ here?

>>35321682
thnacks, i def meant it as a "pic related", the album captures that coy youthful innocence vibe very well
>>
>>35321815
>There used to be better odds but now it's fucking ridiculous and hurts my self esteem

wowza how so?

>>35321824
Okay Pepe the Frog whatever you say!

>>35321845
only my dignity when girls I went to high school with see me on there and think badly of me
>>
>>35321892
those cars have a bmw e30 look
>>
File: subarue30.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
subarue30.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
>>35322039
funny you say that, was just reading a thread where some faggot turned a Subaru sedan into an "e30"

fun fact one of the few things keeping me going is maintaining my Subaru 4x4 wagon of that vintage
>>
>>35321593
Checked this out OP, this gud music thanks MA nigga

>>35322036
I used to get dates out of tinder. Now I get a really minute number of matches and they just stop responding. Even cupid has gone down the shitter. What I try to do is focus on myself though I've been going to meetups. Haven't met any girls though; most girls I've met that I'm interested in aren't single
>>
>>35321593
I'd love to kiss a girl's neck
Best place to kiss
>>
>>35322205
yee yee, the 1996 reissue of the album is the best one IMO, there's a lot of cool "demos" and whatnot but if you don't want to bother listening to all of it I'd recommend the following tracks highly

in my memory
the fall
youth

and that sounds p gay, I live in a bustling college town so I'm not too worried about a "stale" tinder but i don't fuckin kno

I've been worried about having good pictures and shit but I think I'll just for real take some pictures of my cat and my pretty face and have some edgy tagline and hope it attracts some qts
>>
>>35321291
I was just like you and used it. Got my first cute gf who messaged me first and asked me on a date first. Dated six months, met her dad, just broke up, devastated. So yeah you should be fine if you can really give it a shot. Good luck, robro. I'll see you on the other side.
>>
>>35322501
I was with a girl for a year and broke up 7 (?) months ago. I met her in college but I am no longer in it. I'm pretty bad at dating but I've gotten pretty good at asking girls out and taking rejection. It feels better getting rejected IRL than to get no matches online for some reason; feels more like an accomplishment.

My best of luck to you OP. Im sure your worth being loved.
>>
File: IMG_5470.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5470.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>35321291
>want to try tinder
>don't do anything interesting
>don't work anywhere interesting
>don't have car
>use public transportation
>still live with parents on living room couch
>don't want to use facebook
>probably wouldn't message girls anyway

I am curious about how many women would find me attractive though. Women tend to have shit taste.
>>
>>35322566
thanks for the encouragement

that first "H-hello I'm anon, I'm fucking your daughter" is an abstract kind of feel for sure though
>>
I have a Tinder and I've only matched with a little over twenty women. Most of the women I matched with are really attractive though, so I think I could probably get more matches if I tried to make my profile better. Right now I only have two selfies and I don't have a bio.

Anyway, to answer your question, it seems like most of the women on Tinder are only on there to hook-up. If you want an actual relationship, you should check out OkCupid. There are still a lot of promiscuous women on there, but I think there are a lot of women on there that genuinely want a loving relationship.

I made a Tinder account because I wanted a girlfriend, but I rarely socialize so it's hard to meet women in real life. Though I quickly realized that talking to women on Tinder is just as hard as talking to women in real life.
>>
I am scared and nervous too, op. Does anyone get scared of being cat fished? After being on 4chan for so long and making a lot of smurf/fake accounts I feel like karma will strike back and bite me in the dick. I also believe I'll end up talking to you guys.
>>
>>35322735
interesting

confession time my frends

faggot OP is a mere 19 years of age so maybe Teender is the only appropriate dating medium

am a college sophomore, I have an apt and a car and have been living alone since I was 17 (ruff teenage years) so I'm not a complete child I think

I could still be fucking high schoolers and having innocent youthful romances or whatever but I feel really far removed from all that shit for some reason

This board is pretty weird and it's probably had some effect on me - "tfw no gf" is lauded as the universal truth - the "gf" is the solution to all of life's problems, robots encourage each other in the pursuit of "gf" and normalize the idea that the lack of a gf is what is wrong with you

I'm a pretty fucked up fella in my head, and I should probably focus on self improvement instead of occupying myself with Tinder but dang if I don't miss the physical and emotional intimacy of gf
>>
File: 1471912629333.jpg (14KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1471912629333.jpg
14KB, 491x585px
>>35321291
>considering making a tinder account, but i feel anxious and scared de$u
>it just seems so convoluted and weird

If this is how you feel, OP... don't use Tinder. It's not really for a relationship. Use a dating site like OKC or something for relationships.
>>
>>35322978
What do you do when you simply just can't, year's of depression and isolation has lead you to a place where there is no point, nothing brings you joy and doing anything is mentally and physically exhausting?.
>>
>>35321291
This post is not robotic at all OP.

>the hookup culture of the app makes me feel like there is nothing pure or emotional or romantic that could possibly come of it
The one good thing about being male is that men control the pace of the relationship. Not looking for meaningless sex? Just don't fuck her. Want to build a connection? Take your time building up the relationship over multiple dates.

>I've been craving affection and a gf
As other anons said ok cupid might work better. Grills there are more into relationships.

Have you tried online dating at all yet? You will not care about feeling slimy for using tinder once you realize how difficult it is. I spent probably 50 hours on tinder and didn't get any concersations, let alone dates. Another 200 hours on okc got me 3 dates. (1 obese but nice girl, 1 girl I think was only looking for sex with chad, 1 qt3.14 with the personality of a brick wall). 95% of my messages were ignored. It gets really depressing and the feeling of being invisible is worse than rejection. I had to take breaks every so often just to not kms.

Point is, just give it a try. You could have some good luck. You don't need to feel dirty about yourself if you aren't using tinder just for hookups.
>>
>>35321291
All dating is about looks. Tinder is just making women more honest. They don't care about catching herpes or personality or anything besides looks. Don't bother with any PUA game because only your first picture matters
>>
>>35321713
This place has the most disgusting numb-minded posters on the internet, but you also find raw unfiltered human connection as well.
>>
>>35322666
Three months of serious guitar practice, a couple new clothing items, you should be good to go.
>>
>>35321291
OP, think about it:

IRL, you are only competing with the men the girl is in proximity with at that moment.

On tinder or cupid, you are competing with thousands of dudes, and to her, you're only a picture.
>>
>>35323463
>Not looking for meaningless sex? Just don't fuck her.

Maybe the XD Cuck mentality has taken too much of a toll on me, but the fact that even if I don't fuck her, "she" is messaging dozens of other guys daily and fucking really bothers me

Nor do I really want to put in the work, texting is a fucking chore

maybe I'll just go back to waiting to meet my soul mate on my weekly 30 minute grocery shopping trip or maybe she'll be at the gas station at 4am when I'm getting off work
>>
I want to use Tinder and have no problem hooking up with women without it having to be romantic and the like. The only problem is that I really hate taking pictures of myself and seeing myself in pictures in general. The fact that they want I think it is 7 or so pictures is just daunting to be honest.
>>
I just matched with a 37 year old MILF. What the fuck do I say?
>>
>>35323654
Whats up seal pup

It never fails
>>
>>35323683
What does that even mean anon

Oringal
>>
>>35323632
That's not XD cuck mentality. Its just not being stupid.

okc has filters that lets you choose pure girls.
>>
The only reason I'm not on tinder is because I'm poor as fuck and as a result live with mommy and 2 sisters in a tiny ass apartment with zero privacy whatsoever. Schizoid personality disorder aside if things go well on a date I can't take her home
>>
>>35323824
Personally it means that I can't think of anything clever and most likely very intoxicated.

It could mean something different for everyone.
>>
File: 1488760565063-b.png (34KB, 142x202px) Image search: [Google]
1488760565063-b.png
34KB, 142x202px
>tried tinder 6 months ago and got no success
>have lost 40 lbs since and my face is looking more clear
>don't even want to attempt it because I still don't feel like I'm attractive enough

I traded my confidence for a better body, at 200 lbs I was confident but wasn't attractive, now I would say I'm decent looking but I have no confidence or drive. Fucking a.
>>
>>35323988
And no if you clowns think I'm the negro in the pic, it was just a recent picture I saved
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.