[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Decade Later...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: When_1e4233_5981148.jpg (151KB, 900x1183px) Image search: [Google]
When_1e4233_5981148.jpg
151KB, 900x1183px
2007 was a turning point my life.

Not only was that the year I graduated high school and went to college, I became engrossed in the shadier side of the internet. On the various shitty forums I'd post, the community frequently linked to Encyclopedia Dramatica, which gave me my first taste of deeply vulgar humor. Absolutely nothing in entertainment compared to a single page on ED. I then discovered imageboards, which drastically changed the course of my life and browsing habits.

One decade later, the saner part of my psyche would argue I'd squandered my prime on frivolity, but in all the years I spent lurking here, I like to think I learned about the nature of man under the cloak of anonymity.

How about you, robots? Did 2007 have the same effect on you?

On one hand, I'd be at least one decade closer to retirement had I kept my focus towards a lucrative and productive career. It's entirely possible I would've learned to deal with neurotypicals better and perhaps even successfully integrate into their stupid society.

On the other hand, I've learned quite a bit through casual observations from people on the internet I would've had a much harder time gathering from real life interactions.

Mixed feelings.
>>
Move your pseudo-intellectual blog post elsewhere, you moron.
>>
I graduated high school in 2008, had been on the internet since the late 90s, like Active Worlds, used napster, used to browse BBS websites that were somewhat underground. Totse was the first real BBS that had some crazy shit on it I went to, they always referenced 4chan as the cesspool of the internet.

Well around 2009 Totse went down for good and I was left searching for somewhere to go, and 4chan fit the bill. I do believe life was a lot better before the advent of smart phones, 24.7 social media updates, constant twitter bullshit, having a video camera everywhere you go, girls able to easily attention whore due to facebook and instagram, the list goes on. Back when you actually had to search to find funny shit, and the internet wasn't really used by anyone middle aged or older at that point.

I could see society going downhill before 2007 though, it just didn't really hit the fan until around then.
>>
>>35316210
>this image
The internet went to shit when people started whining about shit instead of shitposting until it wasn't a problem.

This was clearly made by someone who wasn't even on the internet before 2007.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.