[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1488720770559.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488720770559.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
What kind of job do you fellow robots have?

Me, Im a security guard and I fucking hate it.
Seriously want to quit, but I can't get hired anywhere better.
>>
Picker/Packer. I distribute sandwiches and I'm the only white guy there.
>>
I work at a Walmart for minimum wage. It's so much harder than everyone said it would be.
Why is it impossible to just survive comfortably?
>>
What makes the security guard job shit? I've recently been thinking of getting an SIA license and start working as one since it seems cosy.
>>
>>35304980
it is, be a neet
>>
>>35305029
Have to stand up and walk all day and deal with really shitty people. Also the pay is shit, so I have to work full time along with some over time just to pay bills.
You have to deal with a bunch of old farts that take their job too seriously, I mean come on, you are not working for Black Water. Uniformed Security Offices can not have any type of weapon, we are not supposed to help any patients with physical contact without the consent of a nurse, whom are often to busy. There is NO room for advancement unless you have former military experience and the pay sucks at $9.20. The night shift can get really crazy, there are about 3-5 shooting victims a week and the whole family usually shows up and all hell breaks loose.
>>
I'm currently unemployed, but I'm going to try to find a job soon. I'm thinking of working in construction or landscaping, or I might get a job at a convenience store. Anyone here know what any of those jobs are like?

I was thinking about becoming a guitar teacher at one point, because I'm pretty good at playing guitar. But then I remembered that I have terrible social skills, so I ditched that idea.

I was also thinking of becoming a freelance writer. I kind of suck at writing, but I think I have the potential to improve.
>>
Im looking for a new job as well, but just want to know what are some "redflags" per say to watch out for based on your experience?
>must be willing to work a flexible schedule
This is one for me at least
>>
security/police dispatcher

it's comfy, i can browse r9k most of the day since the other dispatcher sits behind me but faces the other direction. can usually get some nsfw stuff in too. i used to be too afraid to go to 4chan at work but ive been here 7 years looking at tits and even tranny webms and nobody has said shit.

mostly we just sit around and watch netflix and sometimes i get bored so i go take a long walk.

if you're a security guard you could probably do something like this.
>>
Who else /mechanic/?

I work on luxury nip machines.
>>
>>35305551
Going for construction with no prior experience in it is hard depending what age you are. You will start as a labourer doing hard work for shit pay (still alot better than min) And depending what the job is you will fuck up alot and get yelled at. But it gets better eventualy. What kind of job would you like to do?
>>
quality assurance lab technician at a baby food factory
>>
>>35305585
A high turnover of staff.
If you see a company constantly looking for new employees, odds are the managers a cunt.
>>
File: 1486237615353.png (460KB, 626x885px) Image search: [Google]
1486237615353.png
460KB, 626x885px
>>35304660
stock clerk

it's not horrible, or at least not as bad as i used to think. my coworkers and bosses are alright for the most part. i only used to hate it because i was depressed all the time. there's probably better work somewhere, but i don't know where so im not quitting.
>>
>>35305585
flexible schedule shouldn't be a problem for someone with no attachments and no responsibilities
>>
>>35305143
>3-5 shootings a week
Sounds like you should be taking it seriously. What shithole do you work in? Chicago????

>Uniformed Security Offices can not have any type of weapon
those fucking nogunz faggots. Conceal carry a small pistol. I wouldn't die cuz the company doesn't want liability or to cause another George Zimmerman, and would rather have a dindu kill you and get away. Especially not at 9.20 an hour.
>>
>>35305849
I work to live, not live to work.
I should only be responsible for the shift and hours I signed up for, not my fault managers refuse to hire enough people to fill in gaps.
>>
>>35305770
Listen to this anon m8.
If someplace is constantly on the look out for new workers, that usually means either the manager is total dickhead, or the working conditions suck. Same deal at my current job. Turn over rate is really high. Every few months someone quits.
>>
>>35305585
>Income opportunities up to 100K shekels with sales!

This means the base pay is lame, and to make mad bank you have to be a salesman. And if you're a bad salesman, they will eventually fire you.
>>
Work as a grocery store stocker during graveyard shift. Seems like a fitting job for a robot. Get paid decently and get plenty of hours. Doesn't stop me from being g a friendless loser who can't relate to people and still live with my folks. Could be worse but it's hard when nothing really makes you happy, not even the money. Stuck in between normie and wannabe robot. Everyday feels the same
>>
>>35306128
>Conceal carry a small pistol.
Are you retarded being retarded on purpose
You better not be...
>>
Help desk.
25 years old
$20 an hour
Atlanta Georgia
>>
>>35306137
Many jobs are flexible due to the work being unpredictable. Work picks up, and now you must work longer hours. Work slows down, so they send you home early one day. It's not the manager's fault. He isn't psychic.
>>
>>35306236
Sorry, was that redundant, sayign small?
>>
>>35306223
holy shit are you me? i work stock at a store as well, except i work from morning to the afternoon.
>>
>>35306241
Just wondering, how did you land a job like that?
>inb4 no degree or certs just walked up asked for it
>>
>>35305660
can i be a dispatcher with zero experience. I don't mind hearing nignogs yelling about "my nigga getting shot". It sounds easy and then of course hearing about robots necking themselves and calming down their loved one.
>>
>>35305660
>telling lies on the internet
Who the fuck LARPS as a dispatcher
>>
File: image.gif (676KB, 615x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
676KB, 615x383px
>>35304660
Im in flight school at the moment. I'll be out soon making some decent money at first. If plan A works then I'll be making 35-45k a year and a year or two later I'll be making 45-75k a year and so on. Fuck I hope I can make it through all these classes so I can get my pilots license and travel. Kek help me.
>>
File: 1405822419421.jpg (181KB, 756x972px) Image search: [Google]
1405822419421.jpg
181KB, 756x972px
Residential AC and heating repair. Maybe the hardest job in this thread. 110F in the attics, cramped, not enough space, long hours in summer working most Saturdays, shit hours in winter getting very little work, customer's turn into whiny bitches cuz they can't handle the heat/cold, and especially the price.

Let me clear it up, incase I see any of you fags as my customer. There's a difference between gross profit and net profit, dumbshits. There's gas, vehicle wear and tear, taxes, my wage, the office's rent, the secretaries' wage, the fact that I'm skilled labor and not a burger flipper.

You don't go to Apple or Samsung and bitch about the price they're charging you compared to the cost to make the phone, or the car from the car dealership, or the milk from the store. Those companies have the luxary of being able to keep their costs secret. The mark up for things is usually over 100% cost. And the net profit a company takes home is very small. AC companies are usually around 2%.

/blogpost
>>
>>35306398
Not that anon, but know a guy who used to work as a dispatcher. The hours are fucked but you can do whatever you want when someone isn't screaming about murders.
>>
File: McDonalds_0.jpg (24KB, 304x420px) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds_0.jpg
24KB, 304x420px
>>35304660
I work nocturnally as a distributor of food products for a multi-billion dollar company.
>>
>>35306332
Oh yes. It's easy to get dispatcher jobs as long as you have decent typing skills and mention in your interview that you like sitting in front of computers all day/night.

They'll hire any warm body because the turnover rate is fucking ridiculous.

>>35306398
LARPS? Not me, but I knew another dispatch who used to do that stuff. He'd come in with all his little tools and spend half the night crafting chain link shit to sell.

he was super fat, and actually had a stroke and died. i got promoted because he died desu
>>
>>35306175
>And if you're a bad salesman, they will eventually fire you.
being bad at your job gets you fired literally anywhere

>and to make mad bank you have to be a salesman.
you should be thankful for your pay depending on actual talent and hard work

meanwhile I'm in an industry where people on the same position get paid equally, regardless of how skilled they actually are

>be good at what I do
>idiot coworker has no clue what he's doing and begs me for help all the time
>collects the same paycheck as me
you have no clue how much this makes my blood boil
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.