[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smoking/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: smoking.jpg (74KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
smoking.jpg
74KB, 1200x801px
I'm curious as to how many here smokes

>when did you smoke your first cigarette and how old were you
>when did you start smoking everyday and how old were you
>for how long have you smoked
>what do you smoke
>have you tried quitting/do you want to quit
>>
nobody could be dumb enough to smoke in 2017. I mean I can see 70 year olds but not 20 year old bots.
>>
no, I'm not going to start smoking. Or vaping. Or weed.

The smell bothers me just like it is right now.

It would be easier to just ask me you know.

We can all stop pretending that this is going to be over when you "Set me free". We know that isn't the case. We all know you're going to be watching me, manipulating things behind the scenes still. There's no way in hell you would just let me go out on my own. I'm still a target for all kinds of different organizations/governments/whatever.

Most importantly you have to make sure I don't leak what I am. My sweet sweet DNA would blow some fucking minds. No, that wasn't a threat. I'm innocent but I'm not stupid.
>>
>>35302928
>16
>17
>7/8 years
>cutter choice ryo/weed when avalable
>no

parents smoke and one they smelt weed on me they said i could smoke in the house if i share. i asked them about it now im technically a grown up and they said by the time you're 16 you can make an informed desicion
>>
>14
>Everyday started at late 15s
>4 years
>Have tried, but dont really want to now, smoking is comfy
>>
>2002?, 13/4
>14
>15 years
>have quit while doing sports, now i "relapsed" because i became a sedentary, i will quit tomorrow
>>
haha smoke what? ;)
>>
>>35302928
8 years
number 7 reds
I want to quit but smoking is a part of my life
>>
>>35303011
It's really not that unhealthy for you unless you smoke for 20+ years. I've smoked for 6 years and guarantee I'm healthier then you
>>
>>35302928
almost a decade now... fuck
>what do you smoke
camel filters
I quit for about 6 months once, but got hooked again when I started going out with friends more often
I really really want to quit before I start seriously paying for it in terms of health
In fact, I'm going to stop after this pack, thanks for reminder OP
>>
I smoked half a pack a day for a week to show off to the security guards at work that I could quit easily and that they were weak.

Honestly I think smoking addiction is more so an addiction to the ritual, a break or a time to socialize. Yes the chemical addiction is bad but that subsides fairly quickly. Note that I said subsides, the desire to smoke never goes away.
>>
Do any of you use it as a way to deal with stuff? By that I mean that some are comfort-eaters and some are comfort-smokers.

>>35303126
I've tried quitting too - but I realized that it's because I won't. I have no need to quit, so I've just kind of accepted that, even though there's a daily reminder of how I should quit, how bad it is for me and how expensive it is.
>>
Don't know the year but I was about 13/14

Age 15 I think

About 19 years. I'm 34

>what do you smoke
Rollies (hand rolled cigarettes)

I stopped for a couple of years. Yes I do cos it's expensive af, but during a bout of depression is a terrible time to try
>>
>>35302928
Drinking at home with friends friday night after work. 20.

Don't remember. I used to just smoke like a couple of cigs while drinking. Then I started smoking at work because of smoke breaks. Then it became a daily pack habit. Drinking also increased. Lived with smokers and alcoholics. 20 still.

7 years so far.

>what do you smoke
I started off with Marlboro Reds shorts. Tried a lot of brands. I settled down with American Spirits Black since they lasted longer. I buy Pall Mall Reds 100s when I want to buy the cheapest shit.

I used to smoke a pack a day but now I smoke about a pack every week or two and vape every day. Depends if I drink or not. If I drink, I can still smoke a pack a day/night. I've exclusively vaped for over a year once but I ended up getting my hands on cigs out of habit. I want to quit for good, vaping too.
>>
>>35303237
I refuse to vape to stop smoking. At least with a cig you don't look like a twat
>>
>>35303199
You're welcome, my man

I smoke camel filters too - I think my first cigarette was one of my dad's prince lights that I had found in the ashtray. Then I bought a pack of B&H click...then moved on to blue kings, then red marlboros and now I've been smoking camel filters for about 2 years.

>>35303203
It definitely is more the addiction to the ritual itself that makes it hard to stop - and of course the chemical addiction, but your body gets used to it pretty quick, but you have to mentally have something else to do
>>
>>35303203
>I smoked half a pack a day for a week
>a week

No shit idiot try smoking for 2 years then quitting
>>
>>35303288

I would like to maintain my supreme lungs.
>>
>>35303077
idk what youre on about kid but if youve never used cannabis you should give it a try. in very small doses it is a great drug.

its only when you start chiefing the shit out of it that you get all the negative effects.
>>
>>35302928
Fuck knows, ages ago? Didn't pick it up then.
Just recently, got hooked due to smoking with an edgy goth chick and then i started buying my own packs because she smokes garbage, then i started smoking at work to deal with the day, then i started smoking anytime I was stressed, now i smoke any chance i get.
Maybe three months.
American Spirit, Blacks.
No, maybe eventually. If i ever get to pack a day shit I'm gonna have to at least tone it down, these stupid hipster cigarettes are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>35303288

He's right though. I smoked a pack a day for about 6 years then I got arrested for some bullshit and spent an entire week in county jail because I couldn't bail out. I had no "withdrawals" that entire week. I basically shut down for that entire week until I got out. Once I got out, the first thing I saw once a nigger selling singles outside. I bought one and it tasted disgusting. Threw that shit away after 2 hits and never smoked again.
>>
>>35303252
>I refuse to vape to stop smoking. At least with a cig you don't look like a twat

So you smoke in public? like a fucking twat? KYS kid. I don't smoke in public, let alone vape. If I do vape in public, it's like a couple of hits away from people and I put it away. I don't stand around and let people see me smoke or vape like a faggot.
>>
how many cigs does it take to hook you?

I had one and it was terrible, nothing about it made me want to go "yeah I'll have another"
>>
>>35302928
>first cig
16-17, eastern europe here so it wasn't even early
>everyday
19-20, now I'm 22
>I never stopped so do your math
>what smoke
I make my cigarettesm marlboro tobacco, not the best but cheap and decent
>have you tried quitting
Yesss, It's pretty easy these days, nicotine pills work so well that after few days cig tastes like fucking sever mud. That's what my friend told me, I only tried cold turkey and didn't do well
>>
>>35303499
Smoking and drinking beer/vodka makes you love this shit, It's like a divine pleasure
>>
>>35303499

You don't just smoke and you're "hooked". You're hooked when you start smoking out of habit, such as every time you drive, after a meal, when you drink, etc. That's when you know you've fucked up. My uncle always bummed cigs off me when I stayed with him. He never smoked more than one a day and he only smoked when he drank, which wasn't every day.
>>
>>35302928
Started smoking when I was about fourteen if I'm not mistaken. I was with a bunch of schoolmates, about a dozen of them, both girls and guys and we went to a nearby beer garden during lunch time to throw a g'bye party for one of my then ex-gf/classmate and idk how but I ended up with a lager in one hand and a cigarette in another.
Right when I left my parents' house at eighteen. I bought myself two packs of duty-free Marlboro reds and lit one up right then and there in the airport whilst waiting for my flight to London.
Well, I'm now twenty-two, so eight years or so.
>what do you smoke
Depends, I started smoking with mint flavoured Pall Mall, then I shifted to Nyala (regulars) which are an Ethiopian brand of cigarettes then I started smoking Marlboro (Reds) when I travelled to England, but once that I depleted my stash, I switched to smoking Lucky Strikes, no thanks to mad men. And, now that I'm back, I smoke Camels, regionally manufactured Marlboros (reds) or Nyala (premiums) depending on where I'm at, because the two formers cannot be bought just anywhere, and I seldom buy packets because I'm currently trying to quit.
Have been ever since the day I started. Didn't really smoke much during my teens, but smoked heavily from 18-21, roughly 7 cigs a day, and now I only occasionally smoke 3-4 cigarettes a week, just enough to sooth my cravings.

But, with all of that said, I don't drink, smoke weed, or use drugs, smoking is the only vice I allow myself to engage in, so...
>>
>>35302928
i dont smoke everyday but first time at 14/15 I think, I don't have a need to quit because I'm not addicted and smoking is comfy/aesthetic especially on night walks
>>
File: 1487832505467.png (2MB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487832505467.png
2MB, 1100x1000px
15 or 16, had already experimented with weed and a few different pills prior. Was at a family friends cabin out of state with no power / internet and friend took a pack from his dads carton. Wanted to see what the fuss was about with cigs because it obviously wasn't "to look cool" like (they) told us
17 or 18
around 10 years
>what do you smoke
newport red 100s, smoke half at a time, get 2 smokes off every cig
a few times, every now and then I take a break for a day or 2 just to "clear out my system". I mean I'd like to not want to smoke anymore but, at the same time I realize I use cigarettes as an emotional suppressant and just to escape boredom. The longest I made it on an attempt to *quit* was 3 1/2 weeks and totally brokedown at how shit my life was and then just smoked again to suppress those feelings
>>
>>35303226
Dudebro i like your thriftyness but cmon man... rollies?
>>
>>35303725
What's wrong with rollies? They taste superior to normal cigs and are so much cheaper. Also menthol filters, they're fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1475479417401.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475479417401.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>35303792

>ROLLIES
>ROLLIES
>ROLLIES
>>
>>35303847

Im not that dude but do Americans not have rollies? Rollies taste better and add to the ritual. Heaps better than tailormades I reckon.
>>
>>35303904
Rollies in america are generally associated with being super shitty tobacco which is why i questioned other anon about it. When he adds menthol filters to it it just makes sure that even if the tobacco tasted nice, it wont anymore
>>
>>35304054

Sounds like you have some expensive tastes.

You are correct that the main appeal of rollies is the lower price.
>>
>>35304094
Fair enough desufam, ive not put mine yet anyway

First cig at 16
Regular smoker at 18
Smoking marlboro 27s for the past 8 years
Not even thought about quitting
>>
>>35303199
If you're serious about quitting good luck brobot.
>>
>>35302928
I was 12 when I first tried, I started smoking when I was 16 and I am still smoking now, I am gonna turn 19 this year. I am not really planning on quitting for now
>>
>>35303431
You were probably too busy shitting your pants becauae you were in jail to notice the withdrawal symptoms
>>
>17
>12/02/16, 18
>nearly 13 months
>marlboro or sterling
>yes/yes
>>
>>35302928
>>35302928

At 10 years old my uncle gave me one and I puked my guts out
Literally ay 18
>>for how long have you smoked
Few years
>>what do you smoke
Ruba Gold or Trivoli
I already dropped to around 2 packs a month
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.