[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How are my mentally ill robots doing? How are you coping?

My doctors keep talking about recovery, my parents keep talking about recovery but I don't see it. I just can't make the pain of existence go away or force myself to give a fuck about anything, so I have no motivation.I haven't gotten better in years, in fact I've gotten worse. I think I'm just going to accept this is the best I can really do and live with it.
>>
>>35299639
seeing a psychiatrist soon.... what should i expect?
>>
>>35299639
mental illness is a myth
>>
>>35299671

This. Therapy is a total scam and medication is really only a way to lower your testosterone and make you stupid.
>>
>>35299639
You should probably tell us what you are supposed to be recovering from?

My parents are taking me in to get evaluated.

The only odd thing about my situation (besides being an an underemployed university graduate and a 29 year old khv) is that I get into screaming matches with my alcoholic mother and my doormat dad once in awhile.
>>
>>35299662
They play the psychiatry game with you. They talk to you, you can say whatever you want. They ask you a lot of questions, then they diagnose you based on the categories you showed signs for and treatment begins. They feel like the only people in the world who understand your life is hell but at the same time have no idea what your life is really like because they're fine themselves. I go because it's better than nothing. I get to ramble crazy things to her in the hopes that she'll understand and I'll prove I'm not crazy.
>>
>>35299639
I'm a sick fuck and it aint my fault, all I ever did was mind to my own and do what I do. I never hurt no one and for some fuckin reason everyones shit has to fall down onto me.

All these fuckers do is god damn push me and I'm soooooo off my shit. I fingered and fucked my dog the other day and I liked it, 3 years ago I would have never done that or even thought of it.
I also never felt the need to light shit up or smash glass because I like how it sounds, or think of myself dead on as an anthropromorpic animal that ought to be skinned.

And I keep recessing further and further into these sick ass thoughts. Whats even crazier though is how ive walked away from some shit,
I crashed my car going 55-60mph THROUH A 16'' CEDAR TREE and I couldent be granted the courtesy to fucking die already, I WALKED AWAY A-OK.
2 years ago I survive a botched heart surgery, not enough sleepy gas so I woke mid way, panicked and hemoreged. it was like my heart exploded and I got the HD FUCKING experience.

i lost my job, have no money, no car, and my tax return is chump change because i have to pay FUCKIN DEBT.
I'm trying to move out of this madhouse I'm livin in before i wind up torchin it, and allll i fucking want is to go home. i want to go back to before this shit all started and pretend this never happened.
I want to sleep without the nightmares of hell i keep getting. I'm fuckin atheist, like WTF. my sisters prego bc shes a total fucking ho and idgaf about that either.

I'm so hurt and no one give a shit, no one even sees it, my friends are states away and i got no one to talk to. i don't expect to either, people are only in it for themselves to them I'm just bitchin.
when i relax, my ''chill time'' is listening to 90s and 80s through backs while i drink and browse bestgore and ths stupid ass site.. at least if I'm not fuckin my dog RIGHT.

man fuck everything idgaf anymore. all i want is some damn progress. didn't relize it took a miracle.

and yeah my spelling sucks
>>
>>35299738
I'm schizoaffective, it started out as psychotic depression before. I see life as a meaningless journey in which you just do as you please but I don't please to do anything. I'm getting over a very long and painful depressive episode that lasted over 2 years. The sadness is gone but the pain of having to live never goes away.
>>
>>35299749
>They ask you a lot of questions
are they similar to those personality disorder tests? or more vague pertaining to my life?
>>
>>35299639
Anon with Bipolar 2 here, I'm doing real well. My mom's helped me get an apartment of my own, and I'm getting better and better at managing the effects of my episodes and I'm gonna get a job soon. Don't give up, OP. I've been there right where you are too, my depressive episodes can get pretty fucking serious. But I'm clawing my way out, and so can you. Fight it, Anon. Fight it.

>>35299710
I agree most medication is bullshit, although some people really do have chemical imbalances that require meds to even them out or suppress certain things. They're way over prescribed though. I have to disagree with you about therapy, however. Diagnosing my condition and working out techniques to handle it has saved my life (I flat-out refused the option of meds, they wanted to put me on mood suppressants which would probably make me miserable all the time; since going straight to antidepressants would likely escalate my hypomania into full mania). I'm finally starting to climb out of the terrible hole I dug myself.
>>
>>35299859

Literally personality disorder test. Imagine that. You pay 100-200 dollars a session just to do a meme test.
>>
>>35299859
They're usually medical based, so it'll go

> How do you feel anon?
> Does anyone in your family suffer from schizophrenia?
> Have you ever had seizures before?
> Do you hear voices or see colours?

But there's also the subtle ones in which they evaluate you hardcore like

> have you ever had suicidal thoughts?

That one is my favorite.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.