[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many more male alcoholics?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (4KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 274x184px
Why are there so many more male alcoholics?
>>
>>35291222
Males can drink more without dying.
>>
More socially accepted for men to drink heavily. I assume this also means female alcoholics are less likely to seek help or to admit their problems to a study.
>>
>>35291288
>females less likely to seek help
>females less likely to admit their problems

I refuse to believe someone would say this unironically.
>>
>>35291222
Because women are drug addicts
>>
>>35291222
Because men have to deal with women
>>
Because men have to put up with women
>>
>>35291222
Women's bodies are shit at metabolizing alcohol, they literally cannot drink like a man without dying.
>>
>>35291222
Men have reasons to drink.
>>
>>35291222
Because of the bullshit we have to deal with.
There's an automatic expectation on you just for being a guy.
I'm a 30 year old male and I've suffered with depression for half of my life.
I'm unemployed, living with my parents (who are the best people on the fucking planet, most understanding and lovely people I could wish to call parents) and the fact I'm a man at 30 living with my parents is enough to drive me to drink heavily because at this age and point in life you're meant to be in a stable job providing for a family with a house and car and mortgage.
If you're not a male of some sort of status, you feel like shit, drink makes you feel less like shit for a while... so the cycle repeats.
>>
Female alcoholic here. Thanks for pointing out that I'm a special kind of fucked up. Ugh
>>
>>35291222
Men are more likely to accept their drinking is a problem. Women will drink a bottle of wine a day and claim they're just having fun or just drinking to go to sleep. They won't admit they've got a problem.

Alcoholism and obesity are the two medical things women generally refuse to admit to. They're pretty good with everything else, though.
>>
>>35292706
Why is it that in anglo countries women drink wine while men drink beer? Why is wine considered a women's drink?
>>
>>35292706
next time u get drunk poast tiddy
>>
>>35291222
there are a few reasons, one is that mens emotional centres (amygdalae) work in a way where if you have a problem you 'take action', which means actively seeking out something to deal with a problem which is why men use drugs heavily a lot more than women.

Testosterone also seems to increase alcohol intake, probably cause testosterone is a a gaba agonist I believe, alcohol's effects basically increase the effects of gaba by altering the way certain cells discharge electricity
>>
There are a lot of negative things that afflict men more. Suicide, homelessness, alcohol and drug abuse, violent deaths, earlier deaths, you name it, if it's got a negative, males excel at it.
>>
>>35292744
wine is considered cultured, and women are all about appearances.
>>
File: 1450294318513.jpg (54KB, 640x480px)
1450294318513.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>35292744
I drink alot of white wine. 5l of franzia is $15.

Am also bi-fag.
>>
>>35293248
That strikes me as an unsatisfactory solution.
>>
>>35291222
Men have reasons to drink.

t. alcoholic for 8 years
>>
>>35292706
Male former drug addict here
Fuck off, your problems are likely nothing.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.