[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever panic about the future, robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

File: 75446.png (77KB, 1895x197px) Image search: [Google]
75446.png
77KB, 1895x197px
Do you ever panic about the future, robots?
>>
>>35287675
>24
>the age where your inexperience is officially sending you down the slippery slope
yeah
>>
>>35287675

I never panic but often feel dread. The amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is such that the thawing of permafrost and release of methane clathrate deposits is inevitable. The amount of methane will likely catapult temperatures to 8 degrees celsius above mean which means hundreds of millions will be forced to migrate, there will be extreme drsught making many equatorial areas in the middle east, asia and north america virtually uninhabitable with current population siszes being what they are. Water scarcity will likely spark a major war in the middle east, there may be conflicts and instability over new arctic resources, disease will cause millions of addition deaths, parasites will be catastrophic for crops in an incressing amount of areas and the ocean ecosystem will potentially collapse cutting off the protein source for at least 30% of the world's population and such a collapse will likely cause a drastic loss of species on land.

We are in the middle of the anthropocene extinction event. I unitonically wish an alien species would come by and brutally massacre all the people who propagate this shit.
>>
>be me
>currently in last semester of high school
>thought this would be an exciting time
>actually failing two of my subjects after passing all others with relative ease
>mfw two subjects are putting me at risk of becoming NEET
>mfw looking up airfare to LA and calculating how long I can survive homeless on my current savings (the only thing I have a lot of)
>>
File: oh god.jpg (107KB, 840x699px) Image search: [Google]
oh god.jpg
107KB, 840x699px
Jesus.
>Dropped out of uni.
>Later this months, I'm being pushed by my parents.
>"You gotta find something anon"
>I don't really know what.
>I Don't know how.
>I would love to find something interesting.
>I would love to have soemthing to do willingly.
>But I have not.
>The only thing I do is wasting time.
>I don't know how to fix it.
>The idea of waking up everyday and doing something I don't want to do is killing me.
>I'm sorry about everything.
>Future is a scary pit, but behind me there's this skeleton of "you're gonna regret everything one day".
>I really don't know what to do.
>I'm scared.

I'm really scared.
>>
>>35288031
Primary reason why I'm zeroing in on high school graduation and haven't applied to a single college
>>
Oh i dunno i'm already into the future (35)
>>
that could have been me

however I dragged myself out of that pit at age 27 and now i have a semi-ok job and live away from my parents.

i'm still an asocial autist, however
>>
>>35287888
>The amount of methane will likely catapult temperatures to 8 degrees celsius above mean which means hundreds of millions will be forced to migrate...

...bringing desperate refugee cuties willing to do anything to secure a stable home DIRECTLY TO US!!!

>...wait, this will affect me, too
>fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>35288092
Shit brah what's it like? Do they have hovercars?
>>
>>35288098
>at age 27
that's inspiring
>>
>>35288169
laugh if you want
>>
>>35288151
Only hoverboards :/
>>
File: 1399370718988.png (141KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1399370718988.png
141KB, 500x366px
>>35287675
In the sense that I am already very behind on practical skills and experience, yes. I am very young, but I live alone, pay bills, do my occasional vice, prostitutes, and live, but I feel like I am letting myself get left behind. I skipped college because it cost too much and I didn't want to go through another 4 years of high school. Now here I am working a minimum wage job 40 hours a week full time not even making over $10/hr and bored of life. The main thing I want is a better job, like a job that brings experience and adrenaline rush, like first responders, but even an EMT requires a $5,000 college degree or whatever. I'd even settle for a fucking trade, but I have no idea of how to even go into doing it, and again, it probably costs somewhere from $5,000-$7,500, which I just don't have and I am not going to take loans.
>>
File: 46.jpg (39KB, 392x439px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
39KB, 392x439px
Nah, it can't get worse.

I'll either be exactly where I am now or way better off.
>>
>>35287675
Oh fuck. Powerful stuff.
>>
>>35288235
I don't get what you mean
Do you think I was being sarcastic?
If so, I wasn't. It's nice to know that it's never too late and it's inspiring to see someone overcome that much inertia.
>>
>>35288235
>>35288169
>>35288235

>i'm still an asocial autist
checks out
>>
>>35289097
That kind of stuff doesn't even impact me anymore. Only if it happened to me personally, in person, otherwise reading those kind of stories on 4chan or on the internet altogether does nothing anymore
>>
File: 0877.jpg (29KB, 480x466px) Image search: [Google]
0877.jpg
29KB, 480x466px
I live in constant angst regarding the economy, climate change etc. I literally spend every free moment researching my fears. I am constantly petrified and it is ruining my life.

I count the number of bird chirps I hear each morning n the way to work. If it is lower than the day before I spend the day worrying that climate change is finally speeding up and killing animal life.

I check my countries currency exchange rates against the rates for 50 other nations each day at least 3 times and if it goes down start to cramp up and worry about food prices

I check the produce in the local supermarket, if it seems to be shrinking I panic about food shortages and crop failure.

Then there are the worries about meteorites, solar storms etc that cause me anxiety even when everything seems OK. I once looked directly at the sun and thought a solar storm erupted because my eyes went blurry
>>
>>35287675
If I ever get that far gone I'll go into a suicide pact with another depressed girl and completely go wild fucking, drinking and eventually blowing our heads off.
>>
>>35287675
I don't even think about it because I know I can't handle it. I've surrendered, fate will decide for me.
>>
>>35287675
don't do this to me please
oreganiolli
>>
>>35287675
>live in constant angst
If post is true, I can;t comprehend how can one stand so much bullshit. Why just not end it ? I can understand if you are like 30 and can still turn it around but at fucking 54 ? After 50 just end it man. The moment he was off neetbux, he shoulda ended it.

This is why NEETbux is shitty route if you wanna make it further 40
>>
File: 1480158627013.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480158627013.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>35287675
Not really anymore. I dropped out of high school and been a neet for 2 years, not close to my family, just tolerate me right now, no friends, no skills, forgot any kind of shit I've learned from high school which makes me unable to get into an university. I would have been dead already if I wasn't such a fucking pussy.
>>
>>35287675
Sometime and im worrying everyday
>>
>>35287675
30 in a few days. For a long time I've 'known' that I'll die aged 52. Probably going to be a rough 22 years. Hope I outlive my mother at least.
>>
>>35287675
its sad how incredibly easy it is to become this
>>
the end is coming coming soon
>>
>>35288031
This applies to me too exactly so!
>I just "don't want to do anything"
which is not true but that is the only way I can explain it simply.
>>
File: IMG_8416.jpg (55KB, 811x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8416.jpg
55KB, 811x612px
>>35287675
I think way too much about my future to the point of which it's impeding on my current life. I do nothing ever except think about the future and prepare (both by studying for school and SHTF type shit).

I guess I'm at other extreme.
>>
>>35290314
I think enabler parents and NEETbux cause this. If that dude's parents threw him out when he was out of highschool, he woulda been forced to wagecuking 18 instead of 40. He woulda learned wagecuking is hard and tried to get into trade or something when he was still able turn it around. His parents made him a big disservice.

This is why I'm kinda torn on unemployment bux. It should be only given to people with actual disability. Not for "anxiety" and :autism".
>>
File: 1467106274140.jpg (461KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1467106274140.jpg
461KB, 900x675px
>>35290314
>easy it is
>to do nothing
>>
File: 1488440374727.png (124KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1488440374727.png
124KB, 750x780px
No. I've given up at 21. Doesn't matter that I had 4.0 and 97th percentile MCAT; I've realized that I will always be autistic and I cannot pursue medicine as an autismo. I would rather die than spend my life working in a field or position that doesn't interest me, so I dropped out of uni and am on NEETbux now.

Hopefully I die of heart disease before 35.
>>
>>35287675
I'm actually looking forward to my future. Soon I'll have a comfy office job and have something somewhat meaningful to actually do. Plus I can finally try out hobbies with the money I'll be making, maybe buy a house, hire a personal trainer to get me into shape. The possibilities are endless when you have plenty of money.
>>
File: sad_spaghetellio.png (82KB, 225x212px) Image search: [Google]
sad_spaghetellio.png
82KB, 225x212px
Just a reminder that your perception of time will change as you get older so it will feel like time will get faster and faster. You have already lived the best times of your life, you just don't know it yet.
>>
>>35287675
All the fucking time
At the end of the week I always panic because it feels like it came too fast
It feels like I'm just going through the motions and time is just racing by me
Weeks and months mean nothing anymore and it's fucking scary man
>>
File: Comfy Pepe.jpg (202KB, 1200x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Pepe.jpg
202KB, 1200x1123px
>>35290624
Lucky for me I know the exact time period for me that was the best time of my life. Actually I don't see how this helps me, but whatever.
>>
>Have a long-distance gf
>She's in uni
>I live in a country where it's tradition to go travel the world in your late teens and early 20's, before uni
>gf wants to move here and travel with me when shes done with uni
>I now have a deadline to save up for a months/years-long trip, moving out AND uni
I need to get a new job, one that actually pays well.
>>
>>35290757
Or just multiple jobs and save like a motherfucker, you can sleep when you die.
>>
File: 1469639563631.png (689KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1469639563631.png
689KB, 2560x1440px
>>35287888
Stop being retarded. You might as well be waiting for Jesus to return.
>>
>>35290824
I actually have an interview tomorrow for a stage-setting/building/lighting that has loads of long-ass shifts and pays about $8.5/hr which means living (or saving) like a king where I am from
>>
File: 1276117403630.jpg (19KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1276117403630.jpg
19KB, 225x350px
29 and it's already too late wooOOOOOo yeahhhh
I pray that I will die quick and painlessly and save myself the shame of not being able to kill myself
>>
>>35290528
but anon medicine is brainlet tier science.
Get into math, we love autismos here.
>>
>>35289801
>I count the number of bird chirps I hear each morning n the way to work. If it is lower than the day before I spend the day worrying that climate change is finally speeding up and killing animal life.

m8 does your local weather take sudden leaps from snow to desert on a day to day basis? The birds are fine. Humans spreading into their habitat is a far greater threat to wildlife than ''''''''climate change''''''''.
>>
>>35287888
Good thing I live in Canada
>>
>>35291221
I share the mindset of engineers on math being a colorful toolbox. I have no interest in anything that becomes more words than numbers, which is what math started to become after PDEs.
>>
>>35287888
Boy that Ice Age that they talked about 40 years ago sure sucks
>>
File: 1485833361966.jpg (61KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
1485833361966.jpg
61KB, 600x656px
>>35287675

Being 20 years old right now: not really. I'm wagecucking away and dropped out of school this semester. In fall I plan on going through EMT school and jump starting my career in the medical field by taking small steps.

If you're young: do not panic yet guys. If you're full blown NEET at 25 with no job experience, school, etc... you are heading for a world of shit.
>>
>>35288029

it's expensive out here in LA bro. Same goes for OC, san diego, and other major metro areas. Pass high school and start off in the inland empire. San Bernardino is a fucking armpit... riverside is your best bet.
>>
I'm 23. I don't have any friends or love interests.
I forget how to flirt or make conversation over text. I forget how to hang out with people.
I have no idea how to meet friends or how to maintain a relationship of anykind
>>
>>35287675
Yes. All the time.

However I strangely don't feel any regret.

Most of this was out of my control. I was taken out of school after about third grade, I taught myself most of what I know, since my bipolar/depressed father and anxiety ridden, overbearing grandmother and apathetic grandfather did nothing to really help teach me.

So I'm fucked essentially. But even so I recognize that the onus is on me to fix my problem, so I don't really blame anyone. However it doesn't help that I have mental breakdowns in stressful situations, and just in general really. I honestly don't think having a job would help fix the nihilistic acceptance of the abyss that has taken root in my thoughts.

I don't want to do anything. I don't have a passion really. I don't have any friends but I don't really want any (for the most part, sometimes I feel like I would like some but this feeling is transitory despite being very intense) and it doesn't bother me that I don't have any. In fact I figure the less people that know about me, the better.

So to me, "improving" my situation is very nebulous. What does that mean? I get a GED, then an entry level job? Then what? I try to find a career that suits my tastes? What if nothing suits my tastes? I just work until I die?

I don't expect there to be a deeper meaning to life. I've come to realize that there isn't one. So I don't consider myself special. I don't think that things will work out okay for me in the end. I dunno, I think I've sort of accepted it.

The pangs of anxiety, and depression I have, I've had ever since I was a prepubescent child. They happen elementally, without my input. My breakdowns are entirely subconscious. I've done a lot of introspection and a lot of honest interrogation of myself even if it means uncovering ugly truths about myself. It's led to nothing.

So I dunno, I'll probably end up homeless or something. If I end up like the guy in OP, I'd actually consider myself well off.
>>
>>35290887
not that anon but I am waiting for jesus to return man
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.